Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Day of Destiny/Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by Relentless09 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm getting a stream up and getting QPR game on tv

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Here we go! One more sleep as a Premierleague team!


Seamus' good leg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Seamus' good leg » Sat May 12, 2012 9:18 pm

It's the wireless & ear piece for me & my lad - bizzarely we're having to go to the Etihad with the blue half of the family - for once I can support with conviction - just waiting for it all to go horribly wrong tho'!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm

I'll be totally unable to take my eyes of our game. Why would I? Isn't that what suppoting the Whites is about? If Q.P.R. are good enough to beat City ( which I very much doubt) we can't do anything about it. Just get out there and win lads, the season won't be lost tomorrow if they don't. It was lost long ago.

COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat May 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Palace?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Palace?
Oops, got carried away. Sorted. :oops:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 pm

I honestly have to ask based on us having a fcuking clueless manager & awful sunday league amateur coaches, and more importantly our awful form since Wembley - what exactly apart from sheer loyalty gives anyone any real hope that for once the soft arsed bottlers will do us proud tomorrow.

I'll have everything crossed and more - but I just can't see this lot doing us proud tomorrow....come on whites please prove me wrong !!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I honestly have to ask based on us having a fcuking clueless manager & awful sunday league amateur coaches, and more importantly our awful form since Wembley - what exactly apart from sheer loyalty gives anyone any real hope that for once the soft arsed bottlers will do us proud tomorrow.

I'll have everything crossed and more - but I just can't see this lot doing us proud tomorrow....come on whites please prove me wrong !!
We have, y'know, beaten them 5-0 this season. :wink:
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat May 12, 2012 10:30 pm

If the pillock who thought Stoke had scored last week and decided to tell his mates who then they told their mates turns up at the Britannia Stadium I will personally throttle him (or her). I went from football heaven to football hell in 15 minutes :whack:
The Voice Of Reason

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I honestly have to ask based on us having a fcuking clueless manager & awful sunday league amateur coaches, and more importantly our awful form since Wembley - what exactly apart from sheer loyalty gives anyone any real hope that for once the soft arsed bottlers will do us proud tomorrow.
The word "loyalty" has a new definition. The Oxford Dictionary shall be informed. :wink:

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 pm

no matter what happens tomorrow ,,,,will be a bolton fan no matter what,...........season ticket sorted for next season ...seen the whites through the bsd times and the good times home and away...remember the old 4th division and back up ,,,,my train ticket and match ticket all ready in pocket for tomorrow will always be a wanderer.....

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat May 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:If the pillock who thought Stoke had scored last week and decided to tell his mates who then they told their mates turns up at the Britannia Stadium I will personally throttle him (or her). I went from football heaven to football hell in 15 minutes :whack:
I remember half the lower north stand standing up and 'chanting we are staying up' at around 70 minutes of the West Brom game. At the same time the Baggies scored, news filtered through it was actually all even at Loftus Road. Awful, awful feeling.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat May 12, 2012 11:07 pm

How does everyone think we'll line up for this? Same side as Spurs/West Brom or the 4-5-1 against Swansea with Eagles behind the main striker (probably Kev) and perhaps Lee on the right instead of Ryo?

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 pm

any team as long as it fecking WINS .....but knowing coyle he go defensive.................

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:How does everyone think we'll line up for this? Same side as Spurs/West Brom or the 4-5-1 against Swansea with Eagles behind the main striker (probably Kev) and perhaps Lee on the right instead of Ryo?

I'd imagine 4 - 4 - 2 with Eagles in the middle if Mark Davies doesn't play and Lee/Petrov on the Wings


wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat May 12, 2012 11:14 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:How does everyone think we'll line up for this? Same side as Spurs/West Brom or the 4-5-1 against Swansea with Eagles behind the main striker (probably Kev) and perhaps Lee on the right instead of Ryo?

I'd imagine 4 - 4 - 2 with Eagles in the middle if Mark Davies doesn't play and Lee/Petrov on the Wings
I actually rate Eagles but that would scare the shite out of me!

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:15 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:

I actually rate Eagles but that would scare the shite out of me!
I don't think we have any other CM's fit?

Pratley is 'ill' still so it's just Reo-Coker unless I'm forgetting somebody


Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat May 12, 2012 11:16 pm

I guess it depends on the "injuries" to Steinsson, Mavies, Pratley and NRC but if they're all fit
i'd go with
Bogdan
Steinsson Knight Ream Ricketts
NRC Mavies
Lee Pratley Petrov
Davies
The Voice Of Reason

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:
I guess it depends on the "injuries" to Steinsson, Mavies, Pratley and NRC but if they're all fit
i'd go with
Bogdan
Steinsson Knight Ream Ricketts
NRC Mavies
Lee Pratley Petrov
Davies
I don't think we'll see Pratley again this season.

I could be wrong though


BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Everybody let's you down at some point in life, that's a reality. Football clubs are no different.

Sometimes as a football fan you forget all the hurt and pain, all the misery over the last twelve months. You forget the players who failed, the silly decisions, crazy tactics, limitations of your full backs, the midfield that can't pass, the strikers who are scared to shoot. You forget the cold December days when you're 3-0 down at half time, the flat beer and the stale pies. You erase from your memory the failings of your team, club and even town.

Now is one of those rare times. All logic and gut feels go out the window and for 1 day, 90 minutes you believe. Believe like you've never believed before. We can do it, we must do it, we WILL do it.

To the few thousand brave souls travelling down tomorrow we are brothers. We are an army. We are BWFC and we will be there come what may the season after. But we will make sure that tomorrow we will be victorious and next season will be in the top fight.

The Bolton Wanderers family, fans players management, has struggled to come together as one many times over the past 5 years. I'm 100 percent confident that tomorrow that will not be the case. Everyone will do everything in their power for us to succeed, because they must and because ultimately Bolton Wanderers will never let you down no matter what it does.

Forget what has happened this season, forget history, forget logic, forget even common sense.

Tomorrow we shall be one and we shall prevail.

So for the last time this season.....

COYW!!!!!!