So we've got a fresh start now

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hopeful

Re: So we've got a fresh start now

Post by Karma » Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

a1 wrote:if they can feck Mr. Play For Next Week off we'll go up dropping about 4 points. if that many.
You been drinking to sooth the pain to come out with such a silly comment?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Right, being a set of maudlin c*nts ends here.

Keep Bogdan, Ricketts (for experience), K Davies (please take a reduced deal, again for experience), all the usual suspects (your Holden's, Lee's, Sordell's, Mark Davies's's' ;-) ), acquire a "Chris Morgan" type mental case to replace Wheater for 12 months and finally get a voodoo man to give Muamba the once over and away we go.

Onwards and upwards!
If we are rebuilding from the ground up, then keeping KD would be a poor move.

I think Ricketts is worth it for versatility.

KDs legs are shot. I can't see him being much better down in the championship to be honest.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun May 13, 2012 7:39 pm

The upside of all these injuries which have plagued our season is that the likes of Holden, Chungy and Muamba aren't going to get taken from us. Not until they've played a few games, anyway. We shouldn't be in too bad a position next year because I can't see the bulk of the team being snapped up unlike Blackburn who are very likely to lose Yakubu, Hoillett etc. and Wolves who are likely to lose Jarvis, Kightly etc..

As long as we can keep 8 of our best 11, I fancy us to bounce back up. If we lose N'gog, Petrov, Mavies etc., then so be it. We have a good spine to our team and some of the players out injured will make us stronger.

If our team next year is the following, is it all doom and gloom?

Bogdan
Riley, Ream, ???, Ricketts
Chungy, NRC, Muamba, Holden, Eagles
Sordell

Maybe a bit optimistic to mention Muamba there but I do genuinely think he'll play for us again.

The key is to not lose too many important players. If we keep a lot of our talent and add some youth, I'll be optimistic about us going straight back up.

It's hard to be optimistic today but I do have genuine hope.

Come on you Wanderers!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 13, 2012 7:41 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:The upside of all these injuries which have plagued our season is that the likes of Holden, Chungy and Muamba aren't going to get taken from us. Not until they've played a few games, anyway. We shouldn't be in too bad a position next year because I can't see the bulk of the team being snapped up unlike Blackburn who are very likely to lose Yakubu, Hoillett etc. and Wolves who are likely to lose Jarvis, Kightly etc..

As long as we can keep 8 of our best 11, I fancy us to bounce back up. If we lose N'gog, Petrov, Mavies etc., then so be it. We have a good spine to our team and some of the players out injured will make us stronger.

If our team next year is the following, is it all doom and gloom?

Bogdan
Riley, Ream, ???, Ricketts
Chungy, NRC, Muamba, Holden, Eagles
Sordell

Maybe a bit optimistic to mention Muamba there but I do genuinely think he'll play for us again.

The key is to not lose too many important players. If we keep a lot of our talent and add some youth, I'll be optimistic about us going straight back up.

It's hard to be optimistic today but I do have genuine hope.

Come on you Wanderers!!!
I think we could end up with a decent side for that level. Many teams going down have thought that though, and it doesn't always work out.

All we can do is hope right now.

MM_HarunaKojima
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MM_HarunaKojima » Sun May 13, 2012 7:42 pm

This is a first for me because I never felt the pain of supporting a team that just got relegated...

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Karma wrote:
a1 wrote:if they can feck Mr. Play For Next Week off we'll go up dropping about 4 points. if that many.
You been drinking to sooth the pain to come out with such a silly comment?
no . ive bet some "bury fan" than never goes.

but thedick is still here , so, i'll go as low as 104 with him.
Last edited by a1 on Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun May 13, 2012 7:44 pm

MM_HarunaKojima wrote:This is a first for me because I never felt the pain of supporting a team that just got relegated...
Which team will you switch to now? :wink:

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Bogdan
Riley, Ricketts, Ream, Alonso
Chungy, vela, NRC/Mavies/Holden(preferably), Wylde?
N'Gog, Sordell.

That'll do me.
SKD will stay too, IMO.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 pm

We need to shed the wage bill and get rid of some of the higher earners (many who are out of contract anyway)

But we also need bodies, the championship is eight games longer than the premier league and we may find it harder to get the same number of loan deals we've managed in previous years.
This is my only worry for next year..

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

I read in another thread we have an agreement to loan a Chelsea player? Is that true? Maybe someone like Arsenal would allow us to have another player. Maybe even Ryo again.

That'd be a huge bonus, I think. Not much money on wages, no transfer fee and yet a really promising young player.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun May 13, 2012 8:20 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I read in another thread we have an agreement to loan a Chelsea player? Is that true? Maybe someone like Arsenal would allow us to have another player. Maybe even Ryo again.

That'd be a huge bonus, I think. Not much money on wages, no transfer fee and yet a really promising young player.
If Coyle has all these 'great relationships' with other managers i'd like to think he can do something now we're not a direct premier league threat, not like we ever were to the bigger boys but you catch my drift..

courtliff_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by courtliff_bwfc » Sun May 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Got to keep Ricketts for sure. SKD, Jussi and Petrov we have to try and keep on seriously reduced terms but the rest can all go. That would free up over 150k+ a week.

Parachute payments we have too. Sure Coyle must have had two lists before today's game for transfers and retained players. Be scary to see the difference.

A good summer and 3 or 4 decent signings and we'll be fine.

Robert Snodgrass from Leeds we should definitely look at.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sun May 13, 2012 9:12 pm

First up, we need a ball winner in midfield, and a commanding centre back.

If Coyle is staying, then we seriously need to have an overhaul of the coaching / fitness staff as well.

Hopefully our Championship status won't put off the likes of Chelsea / Arsenal / City's youngsters coming on loan.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sun May 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Oh yeah, and as we'll probably lose Klasnic and SKD this summer, another striker who can score goals would be handy.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 13, 2012 9:15 pm

midlands exile wrote:First up, we need a ball winner in midfield, and a commanding centre back.
If Coyle is staying, then we seriously need to have an overhaul of the coaching / fitness staff as well.

Hopefully our Championship status won't put off the likes of Chelsea / Arsenal / City's youngsters coming on loan.
I agree, I'm not sure who on our coaching staff would recognise such a player, if they were carrying a fooking big sign saying "I'm a ball winning midfielder/commanding centre back"

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun May 13, 2012 9:22 pm

midlands exile wrote:Oh yeah, and as we'll probably lose Klasnic and SKD this summer, another striker who can score goals would be handy.
SKD will stay

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sun May 13, 2012 9:29 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
midlands exile wrote:Oh yeah, and as we'll probably lose Klasnic and SKD this summer, another striker who can score goals would be handy.
SKD will stay
You might be right, but I really hope you're not. The bloke's turning into a liability I'm afraid. Having said that, I can see Coyle using hime in the Championship, since "he'll mix things up and scare the defense". Errr, no he won't. He'll try hard, but be a yard off the pace and give the ball away too easily.
Hope is what keeps us going.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun May 13, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm really glad Kevin Davies had a bit of an Indian Summer and almost kept us up with some classic performances. Although we got relegated I think he went out on something of a high note. Now it's time for him to do his coaching badges and make way for younger players.