end of season party

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Rip
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: end of season party

Post by Rip » Sun May 13, 2012 11:21 pm

BuryBoy83 wrote:Going Down, Going Down, Going Down

Were the w**ky wanderers and were going to the Championship
Preston were singing W*nky Wanderers on the streets of Cardiff before the playoff final in 2001.

Didn't work out so well for them either.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Bit funny all these Bury fans coming on here. Find it very odd
Pfffft.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:27 pm

all 6 of them

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 13, 2012 11:28 pm

a1 wrote:all 6 of them
No, all three of them signed in twice, before bedtime.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Is that before their mummies have to tuck them in?
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 13, 2012 11:31 pm

RE post match
I saw Mark Davies upset on the pitch
I believe zat knight fecked off sharpish, probably after having a laugh with a mate
Who stayed, who went?

Dissapointed only ricketts got booked - hardly a fiery game...were they up for it?

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun May 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Zat knight couldn't wait to get down the tunnel. Seriously.

To me Petrov looked the most surprisingly upset.
Obviously ignoring SKD who we needn't even discuss if he was.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Mon May 14, 2012 12:06 am

Saw Ricketts and Petrov flat on the ground after the final whistle. Gotta admit I didn't spend too much time checking out the rest, went to see the TV's in the concourse to check it was true what I heard about City. And like a punch it the guts, it was.

Got back out to see the Bolton players (still on the pitch) giving the Bolton fans some appreciation, some shirts thrown into the crowd.

Once all the players had gone down the tunnel, I'm sure Coyle got a chorus of boos.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Mon May 14, 2012 12:23 am

Eagles looked a bit teary eyed. Regarding Petrov, I wouldn't mind seeing him sign his last contract with us if the wages are right (didn't think i'd be saying that at the beginning of the season).

I don't know how pally they all out but I hope some of the players/staff give Zat Knight what for. Bet a glance at his wage slip every week would make you feel sick.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon May 14, 2012 12:46 am

wanderers_on_tour wrote:Eagles looked a bit teary eyed. Regarding Petrov, I wouldn't mind seeing him sign his last contract with us if the wages are right (didn't think i'd be saying that at the beginning of the season).
Petrov is 33 and hasn't stood out at a team who were relegated. Who is realistically going to want him? I think he'll have another season with us.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Mon May 14, 2012 12:54 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:Eagles looked a bit teary eyed. Regarding Petrov, I wouldn't mind seeing him sign his last contract with us if the wages are right (didn't think i'd be saying that at the beginning of the season).
Petrov is 33 and hasn't stood out at a team who were relegated. Who is realistically going to want him? I think he'll have another season with us.
I had wondered about one of the newly promoted sides, Reading perhaps? Only problem is the average age of there squad is already towards the upper level.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Mon May 14, 2012 12:56 am

midlands exile wrote:Saw Ricketts and Petrov flat on the ground after the final whistle. Gotta admit I didn't spend too much time checking out the rest, went to see the TV's in the concourse to check it was true what I heard about City. And like a punch it the guts, it was.

Got back out to see the Bolton players (still on the pitch) giving the Bolton fans some appreciation, some shirts thrown into the crowd.

Once all the players had gone down the tunnel, I'm sure Coyle got a chorus of boos.
He did but the fact that he has avoided the derision normally targetted at managers taking teams down a division would suggest he's here for sometime to come
The Voice Of Reason

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon May 14, 2012 11:04 am

was a subdued affair. Gartside was visibly distraught. Coyle seemed to use Muamba's recovery to gloss over his own failures. he was pretty scathing of the team tho.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 am

What did Coyle say about the team? Single out anybody in particular?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

AgentC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AgentC » Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 am

Verbal wrote:What did Coyle say about the team? Single out anybody in particular?
He said its Jelly and Ice cream on him at the Bury one a few weeks back?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon May 14, 2012 11:16 am

he just said the players weren't good or hungry enough, then he promised that next years squad will be younger, fitter and stronger - i clocked the players looking at each other with raised eyebrows.

nosebag was decent. dunno who the compare was, some egg chaser? he was alright, was an understandably tough crowd tbf. fecked off when the awards finished, couldn't be arsed with the disco.

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:19 am

Ricketts was upset...came across and give his shirt to my 14 yr old daughter who was upset well played to him ..as for coyle just fecked off down the tunnel...

AgentC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AgentC » Mon May 14, 2012 11:25 am

si2008 wrote:Ricketts was upset...came across and give his shirt to my 14 yr old daughter who was upset well played to him ..as for coyle just fecked off down the tunnel...
Didnt she tell him that you had run out of money for toilet roll before though?

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Mon May 14, 2012 11:48 am

General Mannerheim wrote:he just said the players weren't good or hungry enough, then he promised that next years squad will be younger, fitter and stronger - i clocked the players looking at each other with raised eyebrows.

nosebag was decent. dunno who the compare was, some egg chaser? he was alright, was an understandably tough crowd tbf. fecked off when the awards finished, couldn't be arsed with the disco.
It's funny he didn't act on that half way through the season when he had an opportunity. He acknowledges the lack of fitness but then does nothing about? Thats his fecking fault. The man talks a lot of bollocks.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 1:32 pm

The squad not being "fit enough" is not down to the individuals though, but down to the management team.

Hmmm was that really a good time to have a dig at the players? Many of whom you'll need next year?