Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 15, 2012 12:18 am

Relentless09 wrote:He did try but having a relegation clause proves your not dedicated, maybe he's not the captain we thought he was
Not fair. He worked as hard as anyone else in the team. He’ll have seen our collapse last season and he’ll have been aware of the fact that we were losing Elmander and Sturridge. In other words, he knew relegation was a possibility. For all he knew maybe we’d do a Portsmouth. He’d be a moron if he didn’t protect himself.

courtliff_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by courtliff_bwfc » Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 am

Genuinely the one person I want at the club is Robert Snodgrass but probably far too expensive and wants prem football.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 15, 2012 12:19 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:I'm sure he did care.Certainly never shirked or hid or complained. Good luck to him. A relaxing season as a squad player for a nid table club perhaps? He'd be a good signing for one of the promoted clubs
Sod him! Cannot stand a shit who was part of a failed team who is not interested in giving it ago for at least one season! Fook off nige you were average at best

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue May 15, 2012 12:20 am

Sometimes hoboh, you capture the zeitgeist like no other.

No longer a Wanderer, no longer care.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 15, 2012 12:25 am

courtliff_bwfc wrote:Heskey anyone?
43rd &, I bloody hope, your daftest post so far.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

courtliff_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by courtliff_bwfc » Tue May 15, 2012 12:26 am

bobo the clown wrote:

You surely knew I was joking right?

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue May 15, 2012 12:26 am

courtliff_bwfc wrote:Genuinely the one person I want at the club is Robert Snodgrass but probably far too expensive and wants prem football.
Waste of valuable wages at this point if you ask me. We're pretty much set for wingers as it is with Wylde, Lee, Eagles and perhaps Petrov sticking about. Any other year and with us in the top flight i'd be chuffed for us to go for him.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
Relentless09 wrote:He did try but having a relegation clause proves your not dedicated, maybe he's not the captain we thought he was
Not fair. He worked as hard as anyone else in the team. He’ll have seen our collapse last season and he’ll have been aware of the fact that we were losing Elmander and Sturridge. In other words, he knew relegation was a possibility. For all he knew maybe we’d do a Portsmouth. He’d be a moron if he didn’t protect himself.
Wee bought him for nowt & we'll losde him for nowt ... in between he did as much as he could.

Thanks & tarra.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 am

courtliff_bwfc wrote:Genuinely the one person I want at the club is Robert Snodgrass but probably far too expensive and wants prem football.
I can see him going Norwich they love Leeds players.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 15, 2012 12:28 am

courtliff_bwfc wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
You surely knew I was joking right?
No.

Not in my best humour at the moment.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue May 15, 2012 12:34 am

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Waste of valuable wages at this point if you ask me. We're pretty much set for wingers as it is with Wylde, Lee, Eagles and perhaps Petrov sticking about. Any other year and with us in the top flight i'd be chuffed for us to go for him.
Fwiw Nixon seems pretty sure Petrov is staying. 90% apparently.

Though he had NRC at 50. :cry:

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue May 15, 2012 12:38 am

Jakerbeef wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:

Well it is the daily mail after all...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 am

Jakerbeef wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:

I'd hope Petrov stays if we play forwards quick enough to get on the end of his crosses, then coyle goes and resigns donkey davies! :doh:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 15, 2012 12:42 am

If what we are hearing is true, and Petrov is staying along with Mavies and Holden i think we will be fine in the middle of the park..

I can't think of any teams in the championship who can rival a midfield consisting of Petrov - Mavies - Holden - Eagles - LCY .. Pratley was good for Swansea in the championship.. Vela looks promising and we might even be lucky enough to see Moooo come back at some point. We can control most games with that midfield IMO.

Up top I think N'gog will come good on the shooting side of his game.. he will get much more time on the ball and time to shoot in the championship and hopefully score more which will help his confidence in front of goal.. look at Millwall in the cup for example. Sordell knows the championship and will be right at home. We have SKD to throw into the mix so i think we need a cheap 4th striker to replace Ivan or maybe promote Eaves or O'Halloran.

My only worry is the defence.. I like Ream and think he had some fantastic games for us since signing, some mistakes also, but he is still adapting and learning.. Knight is erm.. shite! but would do as cover on reduced terms rather than buying someone meaning we need a decent partner for Ream.. Ricketts is solid and we have the likes of Riley to come in so think rb/lb will be fine.

As for this supposed Chelsea loan, if true there isn't many players i can see wanting to come here on loan in the championship.

Defence wise maybe Bruma, a decent up and coming CB or Ryan Bertrand who plays LB and play Ricketts as CB with Ream..

The only player who plays in the middle who is half realistic is Josh McEachran who I rate but couldn't get into the Swansea team on loan last season.

Up top there is only Lukaku.. but can you see an 18 million pound striker pulling up in the Championship? ... Neither can I :(

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 am

In perspective NRC now seems a waste of money, got him for free, paid his wages ! Got relegated anyway and now will leave for free

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue May 15, 2012 12:46 am

Robert Koren available on a free this summer, could do a job for us in the place of nigel

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 am

Relentless09 wrote:In perspective NRC now seems a waste of money, got him for free, paid his wages ! Got relegated anyway and now will leave for free
I can't believe this clause wouldn't at least put up a 2/3 million fee first, seems a touch naive.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 am

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Relentless09 wrote:In perspective NRC now seems a waste of money, got him for free, paid his wages ! Got relegated anyway and now will leave for free
I can't believe this clause wouldn't at least put up a 2/3 million fee first, seems a touch naive.
NRC had a few teams around our level after him if i remember rightly. Maybe the only way we could get him was to offer him a get out of jail free card?

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue May 15, 2012 12:58 am

ChrisC wrote:I can't think of any teams in the championship who can rival a midfield consisting of Petrov - Mavies - Holden - Eagles - LCY .. Pratley was good for Swansea in the championship.. Vela looks promising and we might even be lucky enough to see Moooo come back at some point. We can control most games with that midfield IMO.
Big if, but if Holden is fit then our midfield will be rock solid. Would be great if Petrov stayed as that midfield would be a class apart.

Wouldn't mind seeing Eagles have a go in central/attacking midfield. He was a regular action man in the last few months and seemed to spearhead most counter-attacks. Good at finding space on the break and improving at tackling/closing people down.

Now if only we could teach Mavis the same...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 am

This thread is cursed.