Vaz Te Back in Premier League

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Vaz Te Back in Premier League

Post by Gail Platz » Sun May 20, 2012 12:07 am

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Delighted for Cahill & Studge tonight too.

Strangely, a proud day for Bwfc
Well done to those that have won in their respective games but don't you think "proud" is a bit over the top? They've moved on, they play for different clubs.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun May 20, 2012 12:22 am

Gail Platz wrote:

Well done to those that have won in their respective games but don't you think "proud" is a bit over the top? They've moved on, they play for different clubs.
Definitely felt proud for Gaz, he brought back his carreer here and he finishes the season with a champions league winners medal around his neck. Well done to the guy.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun May 20, 2012 12:57 am

Gail Platz wrote:

I certainly am.
Sam made our latest era. He made his name here.
Nobby made his name here.
Vaz te was a product of Bwfc (of sorts).
Sturbridge made his first big break here really.
Cahill made his name here and deservedly got his big move.

I am proud.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 20, 2012 2:01 am

speaking of tonight and one of those players..

retards like jamie redknapp being shocked that gaz were good should be sacked.

".. but he were shit at bolton"

do they watch football or does someone read it out to them ?

i'd stake money on jamie not kowing who, say , our first choice right winger is.

if its not "super sunday biannual ultimate top 4 weekend... oh , and arsenal and liverpool too , and tottenham" they dont give a shit or have a clue.

always wonder what the viewing figures were for that "red button" crowd noise only option were.

bet it were "holy feck ! everyone's pressing it" then "removed".

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 am

As someone said earlier, a strangely proud day for BWFC.

Is swap today for those dark, cold, winter nights when we felt unsafe in the Premier League when actually, Sam Allardyce was plotting how to upset the odds yet again.

The way that ball flew into the Guimares net... how did he do that? Id wager he doesnt know either, but that was right up there with anything this football club has ever done, what a moment.

We were spoiled, you know.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun May 20, 2012 2:49 am

Don't like Chelsea as a Club but pleased for Cahill. Not proud just pleased for the lad.

Also don't like West Ham but I'm also pleased for Vaz Te, Nolan, Taylor and Joey O'Brien who all did "well" in different ways for Bolton at different times. I have no animosity against any of them and wish them all well.

As to sam I don't like him as a person, goes back to how he treated Bolton fans in Thailand a few years ago, and I don't like his tactics but he's proved his worth yet again and shown that he can manage at Championship level. But can he do it at Premiership level again, we will just have to wait and see.

If Coyle and his squad can match West Ham's performance next season I will be very happy, but I don't have the same confidence in Coyle as a successful manager as I would have had with Sam as a manager (even though I don't like the guy!!).!!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun May 20, 2012 9:03 am

Got to be pleased for them however from what I've seen Vaz Te misses as many as he scores and at prem level may still not make the grade. Taylor and Nolan look slow and likewise may be adequate next year but not mach more.
Cahill has been outstanding at Chelsea,really far better off in a team defending deeper,far less likely to get caught and able to carry the ball forward knowing there is depth of cover behind. Our tactics last year would have made Beckenbaur and Moore look like shit!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 am

I'm strangely proud of all those players
Pfffft.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun May 20, 2012 10:39 am

im happy for Gaz and studge but also really chuffed for di matteo hope he gets the job permantley

still hate chelsea
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Got to be pleased for them however from what I've seen Vaz Te misses as many as he scores
That's pretty good.

Messi scores about 1 in 4. :-)

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Got to be pleased for them however from what I've seen Vaz Te misses as many as he scores
That's pretty good.

Messi scores about 1 in 4. :-)
I was being over generous perhaps! The point is the ex Bolton lads at WHU are good at championship level but I'm not sure they will be as effective at prem level

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Sun May 20, 2012 12:19 pm

FaninOz wrote:

As to sam I don't like him as a person, goes back to how he treated Bolton fans in Thailand a few years ago,
What did he do?
West Stand White

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun May 20, 2012 1:27 pm

I've always had a lot of time for Vaz Te. I think he's a decent player too. He's scored 24 goals from playing out wide and not as an out and out forward(certainly from the games I've seen). 22 from 26th November. Quite an impressive record.

I remember when we went to Birmingham away and the game got called off 45 mins before kick off due to heavy fog. We saw the team bus and waved with only Ivan Campo and the Vaz waving back. So for that alone I always remember him fondly :). Glad he's got his moment in the spotlight.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sun May 20, 2012 3:54 pm

TKIZ! wrote:I have confidence that N'Gog will score goals in the Championship too, if Vaz Te can do it then I'm certain N'Gog can too
I've not seen anything in the last year that convuinces me that Ngog will score goals in the Championship. In fact, I had a bet with a mate yesterday that he won't score 15 next season. Would love him to prove me wrong but don't think he's good enough.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun May 20, 2012 9:29 pm

I'd be with you on that sadly. Unless the fact we're in the championship means he gets that extra half second to actually pull the trigger.

Then again I hear people say it's a faster league but I assume they mean the ball gets lumped forward more often?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 pm

scotty wrote:I've not seen anything in the last year that convuinces me that Ngog will score goals in the Championship. In fact, I had a bet with a mate yesterday that he won't score 15 next season. Would love him to prove me wrong but don't think he's good enough.
Not many do. Only four players scored more than 16 in that league this year.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon May 21, 2012 2:17 pm

HM Murdock wrote:
FaninOz wrote:

As to sam I don't like him as a person, goes back to how he treated Bolton fans in Thailand a few years ago,
What did he do?
Enough to say that even though I managed to get the PR man to get Sam to talk to me as I had been a Bolton Supporter for 50 years and had seen him play many times but he had no interest in me or any other fans for that matter even though we had travelled thousands of miles to watch the team. A "wet" handshake and that was it, he seemed to ignore all other fans who where there as well.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:52 pm

scotty wrote: I've not seen anything in the last year that convuinces me that Ngog will score goals in the Championship. In fact, I had a bet with a mate yesterday that he won't score 15 next season. Would love him to prove me wrong but don't think he's good enough.
the dude can run with the ball , he'll get 15 within the first month.

courtliff_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by courtliff_bwfc » Mon May 21, 2012 5:35 pm

10 goals in 22 games for Barnsley says it all really. Maybe Vaz Te has finally realised his potential after all these years? If you watch some of his goals they are phenomenal.

He'll go on to prove me wrong a play utter tosh all next season now.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 21, 2012 11:36 pm

He looks ten times the player he was when here...very strong.

And more useful than some we've had! Cant see Ngog hitting that many goals next season...wish we had signed him in jan instead of myiachi.