Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

onlywanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by onlywanderer » Tue May 22, 2012 5:26 pm

courtliff_bwfc wrote:
onlywanderer wrote:I'd have him back based on his performance v Milwall.
Off the back of one performance? :crazy: He played over 10 more games other than Millwall and was incredibly disappointing
Yes, but it's also the most relevant performance to consider when deiciding whether or not to have him back. Just a thought mind.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue May 22, 2012 5:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:You seem to have seen him play more than any other Bolton fan. Strange that...
In what way?

courtliff_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by courtliff_bwfc » Tue May 22, 2012 5:53 pm

onlywanderer wrote:
courtliff_bwfc wrote:
onlywanderer wrote:I'd have him back based on his performance v Milwall.
Off the back of one performance? :crazy: He played over 10 more games other than Millwall and was incredibly disappointing
Yes, but it's also the most relevant performance to consider when deiciding whether or not to have him back. Just a thought mind.

He played well against Millwall yes but was utter tosh against everyone else. When we played Villa they had a Championship standard defense on the pitch and Ryo got kicked off the pitch. He's just too lightweight.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue May 22, 2012 6:02 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Ryo is better than Petrov, Eagles and Wylde. Why wouldn't we have him back? Him on the left, which is his proper position, and Chungy on the right would be, by far, our best option if we could have all 5 fully fit.

Maybe 5 wingers is excessive but if we get another couple of injuries, which is bound to happen in the longer Championship season, we will regret not having cover. If Chungy and Petrov get knocks, would anyone be happy with an unproven Wylde and Eagles on the wings?

He's a very good player and we'd be stupid to not go after him again, especially because he's available on a loan.
You are taking the piss right?
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue May 22, 2012 6:18 pm

What does Petrov have besides his crossing ability? He's slower than Ryo, doesn't dribble as well, is MUCH less creative and unpredictable, he's selfish, he's lazy and on top of all that, he's coming up to his mid 30's.

A good finish to the season, yes. However, he is nowhere near the player some think he is.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue May 22, 2012 6:21 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:What does Petrov have besides his crossing ability? He's slower than Ryo, doesn't dribble as well, is MUCH less creative and unpredictable, he's selfish, he's lazy and on top of all that, he's coming up to his mid 30's.

A good finish to the season, yes. However, he is nowhere near the player some think he is.
Oh I see, Ryo is better because he can do fancy tricks and stuff. Makes sense.

I don't think he is as good as Chungy, Petrov or Eagles (I have no idea how good Wylde is). I don't think we'd be missing out on much if we didn't get him back, but I suppose I wouldn't complain if we did get him for another year. It'll be a long old season.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue May 22, 2012 6:36 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:What does Petrov have besides his crossing ability? He's slower than Ryo, doesn't dribble as well, is MUCH less creative and unpredictable, he's selfish, he's lazy and on top of all that, he's coming up to his mid 30's.

I wouldn't call a step over a dribble, that's a wingers job to put in quality balls for the strikers which Petrov does time after time, is Ryo that quick :conf: he did Millwall's full back for pace in the cup but struggled against Premiership full backs especially Neil Taylor the Swansea full back had him in his back pocket, Ryo would be decent back up for Lee but not in place of Petrov he's the best crosser of a ball we have ever had!
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Tue May 22, 2012 6:40 pm

I don't know what you're smoking Frazier. Petrov is by far the best winger at the club(playing on his last five months anyway). I think people have over estimated the ability of Lee, I've always liked him and he will play a vital role for us but some think he's the Bolton version of Garrincha. Honestly can you remember Lee playing as well as Petrov in the last few months? Petrov was our only attacking outlet this season.

And I seriously don't know where this notion of him being a lazy bugger has come from. I remember at Villa away a guy lambasting him for being lazy after Petrov had run four lengths of the field! It's amazing no one has a go at Eagles for his work shy attitude nevermind his shite ability on the ball.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:

I don't know what you're smoking Frazier. Petrov is by far the best winger at the club(playing on his last five months anyway). I think people have over estimated the ability of Lee, I've always liked him and he will play a vital role for us but some think he's the Bolton version of Garrincha. Honestly can you remember Lee playing as well as Petrov in the last few months? Petrov was our only attacking outlet this season.

And I seriously don't know where this notion of him being a lazy bugger has come from. I remember at Villa away a guy lambasting him for being lazy after Petrov had run four lengths of the field! It's amazing no one has a go at Eagles for his work shy attitude nevermind his shite ability on the ball.
I'd say Lee in his first season was better than Petrov last season. Both better than Ryo anyway.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 22, 2012 7:28 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:What does Petrov have besides his crossing ability?
Yeah. What did the Romans do for us ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Besides the aqueducts. Nowt
Pfffft.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue May 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Did a lot for Chelsea.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Tue May 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Okay. Apart from the aqueducts and Chelsea, what did the Romans ever do for us?
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Education and literature

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 22, 2012 9:21 pm

And the roads
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Sanitation

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:

I think it's difficult to compare Lee to Petrov as they're two different types of players, despite both being wide midfielders.

Lee is never going to do someone for pace, but he's got the trickery and the reading of the game to beat a man and get in the box and nick a goal, whereas Petrov is all about getting wide, whipping crosses in and firing from long range.

Petrov to Ryo then yes, and in that comparison, Petrov wins hands down every time because Ryo is a shockingly bad footballer.

onlywanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by onlywanderer » Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Ryo isn't that bad, he's just very young and too light weight atm...He'll be a bloody good player. But yeah, probably not now, and probably not for us. Still as cover, i'd have him for next season.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm Not against the idea of bringing Ryo back but I'm against the idea that Coyle will probably start Ryo instead of Wylde

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Wasn't Petrov pretty poor until about February when he remembered his contract was nearly up?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"