OC says Marv to be given a chance this season

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: OC says Marv to be given a chance this season

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Prufrock wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:I agree with the football under sam being aggressive etc
Etc, but everyone knows that the players he brought it could play like that without spending all week practising the way they naturally play.

Coyle took megsons players and got them playing his way the way they never played under megson.
You think ( as much as I loved big Sam) he could have got megsons team playing that type of football, we had a team that we will never be able to get again, and as for coyle getting us relagated, yes like I said he is the manager but did you even read what I said or did you just take what you wanted to criticise? There were problems that he could have done nothing about, it was a bad season on and of the pitch from day 1.

Do you honestly beleive if we had stu and lee in the
Team, if we hadnt have had them shockingly
Hard fixtures at the beginning and every other bit of bad luck that went on throughout the season and 11 players out of contract he would have still got us relagated?

No chance!

We ain't got big Sam anymore, we ain't got okocha, youri, campo, Anelka, stelios, diouf, n'gotti, anymore, we have a club that's had the worded
Luck possible any team has ever seen in the premier league, my point is let him have a shot at managing a team that ain't riddled with issues again!

He has made mistakes but has had harder problems to deal with
Allardyce would have taken Megson's team and not got it bastard relegated.

I'm not arguing against the injuries, fixtures etc. All right other teams had injuries, other teams had tough fixtures, and we played everyone twice, but still, I do think we were particularly unlucky in those areas. That said, ask yourself the question whether or not, even with all those troubles, we still should have stayed up? Many of us think we should, had we been managed properly.

We didn't go down purely because Coyle is rubbish, but his failings DID play a massive part. He rightly takes criticism for that. The square-headed wazzock!

Thank you that's more like it, an opinion that's worth reading, you highlight were you could see the problems but still think he made to many mistakes, at least you ain't just calling him, I agree with some of that, not all but thank you for a proper reply for once

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Fri May 25, 2012 11:17 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:Poor manager, 1 bad season under the circumstance and you have the know how to label him a poor manager, you are so frustrating its unreal, mistakes can be made, he is manager of Bolton not Barcelona, Jesus, 1 bad season and you all label him a bad manager. Shocking!

Although....I agree if we have a bad start then maybe it's not ment to be and he needs to go, BUT...

I have faith in the legend in shorts, he will come good again, and all of you will realise 1 bad season doesn't make you a bad manager!
I'd look at your own posts before taking that attitude. You've posted a sequence of pure gash on this thread.

So we got relegated because Coyle isn't managing Barcelona. Well what about Martinez, Rodgers and Lambert? Who are they managing?

Megson was crucified, yet Coyle has proven to be worse. I'm not saying Megson wouldn't have also taken us down, but Coyle has taken us down. I would've thought the "rose tinters" would be a little less bullish after all their 'positivity' and prayer delivered the square root of feck all. But no, still as deluded and full of themselves as ever.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:The square-headed wazzock!
Yay .... down to the crux of it.

Bravo.

:pray:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat May 26, 2012 12:06 am

Lets have it reet

Under Coyle we played good football for a month

The game against Newcastle was wonderful

Other than that, it was nowt special

He's a cock

Nice man

A cock

A shit cock
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 am

12 wins and 10 drws is pretty spectacular in 1 month though, you have to admit, isn't it?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 26, 2012 12:22 am

hi there, i'm craig wrote:I agree with the football under sam being aggressive etc
Etc, but everyone knows that the players he brought it could play like that without spending all week practising the way they naturally play.

Coyle took megsons players and got them playing his way the way they never played under megson.
You think ( as much as I loved big Sam) he could have got megsons team playing that type of football, we had a team that we will never be able to get again, and as for coyle getting us relagated, yes like I said he is the manager but did you even read what I said or did you just take what you wanted to criticise? There were problems that he could have done nothing about, it was a bad season on and of the pitch from day 1.

Do you honestly beleive if we had stu and lee in the
Team, if we hadnt have had them shockingly
Hard fixtures at the beginning and every other bit of bad luck that went on throughout the season and 11 players out of contract he would have still got us relagated?

No chance!

We ain't got big Sam anymore, we ain't got okocha, youri, campo, Anelka, stelios, diouf, n'gotti, anymore, we have a club that's had the worded
Luck possible any team has ever seen in the premier league, my point is lets have him shot at managing a team that ain't riddled with issues again!

He has made mistakes but has had harder problems to deal with

:oyea: I'll 'ave some of that :pissed:

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat May 26, 2012 12:26 am

50sQuiff wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:Poor manager, 1 bad season under the circumstance and you have the know how to label him a poor manager, you are so frustrating its unreal, mistakes can be made, he is manager of Bolton not Barcelona, Jesus, 1 bad season and you all label him a bad manager. Shocking!

Although....I agree if we have a bad start then maybe it's not ment to be and he needs to go, BUT...

I have faith in the legend in shorts, he will come good again, and all of you will realise 1 bad season doesn't make you a bad manager!
I'd look at your own posts before taking that attitude. You've posted a sequence of pure gash on this thread.

So we got relegated because Coyle isn't managing Barcelona. Well what about Martinez, Rodgers and Lambert? Who are they managing?

Megson was crucified, yet Coyle has proven to be worse. I'm not saying Megson wouldn't have also taken us down, but Coyle has taken us down. I would've thought the "rose tinters" would be a little less bullish after all their 'positivity' and prayer delivered the square root of feck all. But no, still as deluded and full of themselves as ever.
The point he was making was that under the circumstances he's had a very difficult job this season. Martinez, Lambert and Rodgers didn't have to manage a full season without their two best players, their best player leaving mid season, and a player almost dying on the pitch. Coyle has also done, and if not bettered what the three managers you have mentioned have done. Take a mediocre team out of the championship? Check. Stear a club away from relegation? Check. Cup runs? Check. The fact that Coyle managed to pretty much turn us into a mid table side after Megson pretty much laid the foundations for a relegation season was a miricle in its own right if you ask me.

Coyle has definitely has his flaws this season, and that's one of the stand out reasons why we've gone down. But those rose tinted glasses you mentioned must be on full whack if you don't believe that Coyle with a full strength team and half of the bad luck we've had wouldn't have kept us up.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 26, 2012 12:34 am

hi there, i'm chris wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:

The point he was making was that under the circumstances he's had a very difficult job this season. Martinez, Lambert and Rodgers didn't have to manage a full season without their two best players, their best player leaving mid season, and a player almost dying on the pitch. Coyle has also done, and if not bettered what the three managers you have mentioned have done. Take a mediocre team out of the championship? Check. Stear a club away from relegation? Check. Cup runs? Check. The fact that Coyle managed to pretty much turn us into a mid table side after Megson pretty much laid the foundations for a relegation season was a miricle in its own right if you ask me.

Coyle has definitely has his flaws this season, and that's one of the stand out reasons why we've gone down. But those rose tinted glasses you mentioned must be on full whack if you don't believe that Coyle with a full strength team and half of the bad luck we've had wouldn't have kept us up.
Coyle had the chance to do something about the injuries but chose not to!
Our 'hard luck' was the majority of other teams we played out flanked Coyle
We will never know under different curcumstances if Coyle would have kept us up, what we do know is he took us down and was the largest problem of them all!!!!

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat May 26, 2012 12:55 am

The one main chance he had something to do 'something' about the injuries was in August, but at that stage he was working under the presumption that Stuart Holden would be back in September. It's very difficult to find your 'best player' in January, so he couldn't have done anything then.

You say "we will never know" what he would have done had he not had injuries and bad luck. For me, all you need to do is look at the previous 18 months for 'proof' that we would have survived.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 26, 2012 1:04 am

hi there, i'm chris wrote:The one main chance he had something to do 'something' about the injuries was in August, but at that stage he was working under the presumption that Stuart Holden would be back in September. It's very difficult to find your 'best player' in January, so he couldn't have done anything then.

You say "we will never know" what he would have done had he not had injuries and bad luck. For me, all you need to do is look at the previous 18 months for 'proof' that we would have survived.
Really? :conf: I'd have thought the last season and half would be more relevent. I cannot think of any manager who would not have had some initial degree of success following Megsons mess!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat May 26, 2012 1:12 am

Lord Kangana wrote:12 wins and 10 drws is pretty spectacular in 1 month though, you have to admit, isn't it?
Somebody said 'good football'

It happened for a month, thats giving him Wolves and Blackpool and some would say I'm pushing it including those
Sto ut Serviam

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat May 26, 2012 1:28 am

Wolves defo was. Newcastle and Spurs were fun; not sure we ever really 'bossed' anyone possession wise though, which seems to be the definition of good football these days. Like Bayern the other day.

I enjoyed it until Jonny Evans. It's been absolute shite ever since.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat May 26, 2012 2:23 am

Hoboh wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:The one main chance he had something to do 'something' about the injuries was in August, but at that stage he was working under the presumption that Stuart Holden would be back in September. It's very difficult to find your 'best player' in January, so he couldn't have done anything then.

Really? :conf: I'd have thought the last season and half would be more relevent. I cannot think of any manager who would not have had some initial degree of success following Megsons mess!
Well, no, because last season we didn't have Holden or Lee, and that's what the whole hypothetical question boils down to.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat May 26, 2012 2:35 am

I don't think Coyle is a great manager but he isn't anywhere near as bad as some make out. He's had a pretty successful career up until he got us relegated. At this point, someone usually chimes in with "THAT'S THE POINT HE GOT US RELEGATED" or whatever, but there are reasons behind that. Had we scored one more goal on the final day, we'd have stayed up. That's how close it was and when you consider we were without our two best players and had numerous other serious injuries, you can't excuse us going down but there are definitely reasons behind our poor season.

I thought Coyle did a good job from taking over until the FA Cup semi-final. There's a reason Coyle was getting hyped up as a future Liverpool or United boss, in the same way that someone like Rogers or Lambert is getting that treatment now. He had success with Burnley obviously and in Scotland too.

Too many people in football are short sighted. When Coyle did well for us, it doesn't mean he warranted being linked as a future United manager. When we've gone down with him as manager, it doesn't mean he should be limited to training an under-14's girls team in Scotland. Give him some more time and if he's a failure, so be it. He may prove a lot of people wrong though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 26, 2012 9:11 am

What long term job has Coyle done well in? He seems to have a history for getting a team on a roll then things goof South?

The more 'Coyle' player that got into the team the more shit we got.

And let's not forget he still couldn't match Megsons best league finish with us. I'm not sure there is any evidence last year or the previous 18 months that Coyle is any good.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 26, 2012 9:14 am

All Coyle has to do is explain his team selections to us.

He can start with the one .v. Wiggin at home in January.

His mysterious treatment of Muamba, his love of Pratley, his persistence with Robinson, his personal vendetta against Steinsson, his persistence with Knight and (S)KD, lack of play given to Sordell (ooops, back 'on thread', sorry), his use of Mavies in a formation which didn't allow his strenghts, how long he put up with Jussi, giving Robbie Blake a contract.

Then maybe explain our defensive ineptitude and our clear lack of overall fitness.

If he can do that I may start taking him seriously again.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 26, 2012 9:20 am

bobo the clown wrote:All Coyle has to do is explain his team selections to us.

He can start with the one .v. Wiggin at home in January.

His mysterious treatment of Muamba, his love of Pratley, his persistence with Robinson, his personal vendetta against Steinsson, his persistence with Knight and (S)KD, lack of play given to Sordell (ooops, back 'on thread', sorry), his use of Mavies in a formation which didn't allow his strenghts, how long he put up with Jussi, giving Robbie Blake a contract.

Then maybe explain our defensive ineptitude and our clear lack of overall fitness.

If he can do that I may start taking him seriously again.
Spot on - one of the best posts I've read on here for ages....

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Sat May 26, 2012 9:51 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:I don't think Coyle is a great manager but he isn't anywhere near as bad as some make out. He's had a pretty successful career up until he got us relegated. At this point, someone usually chimes in with "THAT'S THE POINT HE GOT US RELEGATED" or whatever, but there are reasons behind that. Had we scored one more goal on the final day, we'd have stayed up. That's how close it was and when you consider we were without our two best players and had numerous other serious injuries, you can't excuse us going down but there are definitely reasons behind our poor season.

I thought Coyle did a good job from taking over until the FA Cup semi-final. There's a reason Coyle was getting hyped up as a future Liverpool or United boss, in the same way that someone like Rogers or Lambert is getting that treatment now. He had success with Burnley obviously and in Scotland too.

Too many people in football are short sighted. When Coyle did well for us, it doesn't mean he warranted being linked as a future United manager. When we've gone down with him as manager, it doesn't mean he should be limited to training an under-14's girls team in Scotland. Give him some more time and if he's a failure, so be it. He may prove a lot of people wrong though.

Thank you, Agree, you don't become a bad manager in 1 season.

I understand it's embarrassing getting relagated, I'm gutted as well and I to wanted to blame coyle but I can look at the bigger picture, we have been unlucky and a manager made some wrong decisions during a difficult season, what manager hasn't, what person hasn't in life?

Coyle will wrong the right!

And as for calling my posts on this thread, opinion is my own and thousands of boltons fans agree with me, I bet you were the people moaning about big Sam at the time, the type of fans that are never happy and just like to complain.

We are relagated, on the face of it it's coyles fault but give the man chance to prove that the start he had with us is the future.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat May 26, 2012 10:17 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:I don't think Coyle is a great manager but he isn't anywhere near as bad as some make out. He's had a pretty successful career up until he got us relegated. At this point, someone usually chimes in with "THAT'S THE POINT HE GOT US RELEGATED" or whatever, but there are reasons behind that. Had we scored one more goal on the final day, we'd have stayed up. That's how close it was and when you consider we were without our two best players and had numerous other serious injuries, you can't excuse us going down but there are definitely reasons behind our poor season.

To be honest, I don't know what being linked to big clubs has to do with this. Journalists don't see every 90 minutes for a whole season, so their opinions are just as short-sighted and even more speculative than your average fan.

Ask a Burnley fan. Go and read a Burnley forum. Coyle was sending them down too. And their complaints were very very similar to ours.

More observant posters on here correctly identified in November that if allowed to continue, Coyle would take us down.

Even casual observers started to suss things out mid-way through the season. Match of the Day absolutely ripping into our defence and lack of organisation. Who is responsible for that? It's the manager and his coaching staff. Our lack of basic organisation was almost unthinkable at Premier League level. No wonder some of us were harking back for the days of Big Sam, who could drill his defence into a ruthless and disciplined unit. All this whilst we actually had some decent defenders on our books too!

Astute and loyal posters here correctly identified that Fabrice Muamba's inexplicable absence was behind much of our poor defensive form. Persisting without a defensive midfielder of Fab's calibre (ie. ball-winning, pace and reading of the game, rather than his passing or shooting) was going to be a disaster. Only when fate intervened, did Coyle (and dare I say, the less astute fan) start expressing their loyalty to the man.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Sat May 26, 2012 10:23 am

Burnley started struggaling when coyle was being linked with us, they didn't have a team good enough to stay in the league, coyle did wonders getting them up in the first place and didn't have the finances or resorses to keep them up, he did brilliant to make them have the start they had but they would have never stayed in the league.

Burnley fans are just bitter they loved him!