OC says Marv to be given a chance this season

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Re: OC says Marv to be given a chance this season

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 am

bobo the clown wrote:All Coyle has to do is explain his team selections to us.

He can start with the one .v. Wiggin at home in January.

His mysterious treatment of Muamba, his love of Pratley, his persistence with Robinson, his personal vendetta against Steinsson, his persistence with Knight and (S)KD, lack of play given to Sordell (ooops, back 'on thread', sorry), his use of Mavies in a formation which didn't allow his strenghts, how long he put up with Jussi, giving Robbie Blake a contract.

Then maybe explain our defensive ineptitude and our clear lack of overall fitness.

If he can do that I may start taking him seriously again.
Absolute nail on the head there Bobo. Instead we get poor excuses, platitudes and finger-pointing. I just hate to see BWFC managed like this.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 26, 2012 10:37 am

Anyway, back to the OP.

He spent £3m on Sordell (and £4.5 on N'gog). That's money we haven't got and didn't have allegedly.

Sat the bloke on the bench - the why's and wherefore's are fairly inconsequential.

£3m on a bench sitter when we were looking likely to get relegated.

Just.

Fcuking.

Bizarre.

But he once played for us, so that's ok then. We love you Owen!

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat May 26, 2012 10:40 am

Worthy4England wrote:Anyway, back to the OP.

He spent £3m on Sordell (and £4.5 on N'gog). That's money we haven't got and didn't have allegedly.

Sat the bloke on the bench - the why's and wherefore's are fairly inconsequential.

Just.

Fcuking.

Bizarre.

Christ, we paid £4.5m for David N'Gog. Whilst in a financial pinch. Leaves you speechless.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 26, 2012 10:40 am

hi there, i'm craig wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I don't think Coyle is a great manager but he isn't anywhere near as bad as some make out. He's had a pretty successful career up until he got us relegated. At this point, someone usually chimes in with "THAT'S THE POINT HE GOT US RELEGATED" or whatever, but there are reasons behind that. Had we scored one more goal on the final day, we'd have stayed up. That's how close it was and when you consider we were without our two best players and had numerous other serious injuries, you can't excuse us going down but there are definitely reasons behind our poor season.

I thought Coyle did a good job from taking over until the FA Cup semi-final. There's a reason Coyle was getting hyped up as a future Liverpool or United boss, in the same way that someone like Rogers or Lambert is getting that treatment now. He had success with Burnley obviously and in Scotland too.

Too many people in football are short sighted. When Coyle did well for us, it doesn't mean he warranted being linked as a future United manager. When we've gone down with him as manager, it doesn't mean he should be limited to training an under-14's girls team in Scotland. Give him some more time and if he's a failure, so be it. He may prove a lot of people wrong though.

Thank you, Agree, you don't become a bad manager in 1 season.

I understand it's embarrassing getting relagated, I'm gutted as well and I to wanted to blame coyle but I can look at the bigger picture, we have been unlucky and a manager made some wrong decisions during a difficult season, what manager hasn't, what person hasn't in life?

Coyle will wrong the right!
He's done that already!
And as for calling my posts on this thread, opinion is my own and thousands of boltons fans agree with me,
Really? All the Bolton fans I mix with (ands thats a few) are all, even the quietest of them agreed that relegation was Coyles fault. Take the injuries into account and even the blindest among them knew we would have a battle on this season and tuned expectations accordingly, but no way should we have gone down!
I bet you were the people moaning about big Sam at the time, the type of fans that are never happy and just like to complain.
You want to start trading insults? I'll bet you were one of those with your head up your ar*e over Megson because you are one of 'Garty's people who know football'. Sam had his faults for sure but to sit at the top table in the manner we did under him was unpresedented, so his faults could be excused. Coyle is no where near BSA in terms of football management.

We are relagated, on the face of it it's coyles fault but give the man chance to prove that the start he had with us is the future.
So it's ok to give him a chance after what we've seen? A chance to what? feck up the last Ten years work because 'he's a nice man'? :conf:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 26, 2012 10:51 am

50sQuiff wrote:

Just.

Fcuking.

Bizarre.

Christ, we paid £4.5m for David N'Gog. Whilst in a financial pinch. Leaves you speechless.
Yes - I'm currently knitting a bedsheet, in preparation for game 1 of the new season.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Sat May 26, 2012 10:52 am

Fair points there, and yes I loved megson the same as I loved Lee!

Get real don't go assuming its not pleasant, we will just have to wait and see won't we.

Try getting behind coyle like my self, you might just be surprised.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 26, 2012 10:53 am

hi there, i'm craig wrote:Fair points there, and yes I loved megson the same as I loved Lee!

Get real don't go assuming its not pleasant, we will just have to wait and see won't we.

No. He's a cock.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat May 26, 2012 10:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:

Just.

Fcuking.

Bizarre.

Yes - I'm currently knitting a bedsheet, in preparation for game 1 of the new season.
What's it going to say? "Owen Coyle's Super White Army" or something equally original?

I was more thinking about games 19 to 38 of last season as being more relevant, when we could've played Sordell instead of persisting with N'Gog. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Last edited by 50sQuiff on Sat May 26, 2012 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 26, 2012 10:59 am

hi there, i'm craig wrote:Fair points there, and yes I loved megson the same as I loved Lee!

I will be behind BWFC long after Coyle is history. I support the club not Coyle or Gartside, they are merely employee's who currently IMO are doing a poor job. The thing I really am surprised at is why Eddie Davies has let them do what they have done with his cash or is there some obscure business practice that makes it worth his while to waste is pile?

onlywanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by onlywanderer » Sat May 26, 2012 11:02 am

bobo the clown wrote:All Coyle has to do is explain his team selections to us.

He can start with the one .v. Wiggin at home in January.

His mysterious treatment of Muamba, his love of Pratley, his persistence with Robinson, his personal vendetta against Steinsson, his persistence with Knight and (S)KD, lack of play given to Sordell (ooops, back 'on thread', sorry), his use of Mavies in a formation which didn't allow his strenghts, how long he put up with Jussi, giving Robbie Blake a contract.

Then maybe explain our defensive ineptitude and our clear lack of overall fitness.

If he can do that I may start taking him seriously again.
This.

I was all for Coyle when we appointed, and he has had some bad luck this season that obviously didn't help his cause. Any side with out two of their most influential players and their best defender's head being turned by the one of the "big four' are going to struggle. United with out Rooney and Vidic; City with out Yaya and Tevez; etc. How would Swansea get on next year say, if Leon Britton snapped a cruciate, Sigurdsson goes back to Hoffenheim and Scott Sinclair's head's being turned by a big club (Alla Gary Cahill)?

For that reason I was willing to give him the benefit of the amounting doubts, but each one of the strange leadership decisions and seemingly suicidal tactics mentioned by Bobo ate into that. Now I can't help but be left wondering who it is we have in charge; the tactical genius responsible for getting us to wembley and that match of the day article labelling us "as good as Brazil", or the ill-advised twonk who consistently picked the wrong team, played the wrong formation, bought Darren Pratley, played Darren Pratley, left our best defensive mid on the bench and spent 3 million on a player for the future at a time when we were staring relegation in the face.

For some reason unbeknown to me, I'm willing to give him this season. Hope springs eternal, and with relegation combined with the recent clear out, Holden back, Lee back etc plus lessons (hopefully) learnt, I think (hope) we can bounce straight back up.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 26, 2012 11:03 am

hi there, i'm craig wrote:Burnley started struggaling when coyle was being linked with us
not being personal Craig, but that is simply inaccurate.

They had that very good start many promoted teams have & the bubble had burst. They were, by that Christmas, in or v close to the bottom 3.

Facts are that he's still here. He ought not be, but he is. So I want it to work, I just fear it won't. His Bolton bubble burst when Evans did for Holden. It only was so visable when we were rolled at Wembley. His team selection that day was awful. He really has never recovered from that. We ended up 14th (?) When we'd looked good for 8th or so (prize money cost of £3m) and we never looked at the races last season until injuries & suspensions forced him into a formation most of us were looking for all along.

We had a good run but he then reverted ... to the style which had got us in trouble. We returned to losing ways. That was the Wiggin game I always focus on.

Luck, injuries, ref's all played a part but Coyle was the biggest reason.

Next season, time will tell, but even if he succeeds I will fear for the following year.

I honestly wouldn't let him park my car now.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 26, 2012 11:04 am

50sQuiff wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:

Just.

Fcuking.

Bizarre.

What's it going to say? "Owen Coyle's Super White Army" or something equally original?

I was more thinking about games 5 to 38 of last season as being more relevant, but whatever floats your boat.
:D

Too late for that one - but I agree the clueless fcukwit should have been flirted in November.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Sat May 26, 2012 11:07 am

bobo the clown wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:Burnley started struggaling when coyle was being linked with us

They had that very good start many promoted teams have & the bubble had burst. They were, by that Christmas, in or v close to the bottom 3.

Facts are that he's still here. He ought not be, but he is. So I want it to work, I just fear it won't. His Bolton bubble burst when Evans did for Holden. It only was so visable when we were rolled at Wembley. His team selection that day was awful. He really has never recovered from that. We ended up 14th (?) When we'd looked good for 8th or so (prize money cost of £3m) and we never looked at the races last season until injuries & suspensions forced him into a formation most of us were looking for all along.

We had a good run but he then reverted ... to the style which had got us in trouble. We returned to losing ways. That was the Wiggin game I always focus on.

Next season, time will tell, but even if he succeeds I will fear for the following year.

Ok I may have been wrong with that fact but he still did wonders at Burnley, they wasn't good enough to stay up with or without coyle

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 26, 2012 11:11 am

hi there, i'm craig wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Ok I may have been wrong with that fact but he still did wonders at Burnley, they wasn't good enough to stay up with or without coyle
So if Saint Owen does take us up do you think he can keep us up with his tactics given we ain't got a pot to p*ss in? Do we not look like 'a Burnley type club'?

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Sat May 26, 2012 11:18 am

First yes I think he will take us up

Secondly I yes he will keep us up, he will learn from his mistakes and also we will have a better side if holden and lee and M Davies stay, I believe things could look very promising at the end of next season.

But that's just my opinion.

Managers make mistakes, he will improve.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat May 26, 2012 11:40 am

hi there, i'm craig wrote:Try getting behind coyle like my self, you might just be surprised.
I wouldn't be surprised if the clueless twt managed to take us down again next season too.

Getting behind him isn't going to give him what he's so clearly lacking.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 26, 2012 11:44 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:Try getting behind coyle like my self, you might just be surprised.
I wouldn't be surprised if the clueless twt managed to take us down again next season too.

Getting behind him isn't going to give him what he's so clearly lacking.
Well we can't afford to be in the Championship, so it's all fairly inevitable that we drop another Division.

We might get drawn against Leicester, Blackburn, Wolves, Cardiff and Birmingham in the first 5 games, which would only re-inforce the futility of it all.

Then Robbie Blake could get injured along with Sean Davies and it won't be Owen's fault, but on the bright side, we'll carry on playing 4-4-2, whilst letting in 96 goals at our end.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 26, 2012 11:47 am

The fact that 'clueless' has even offered Knight a new contract (regardless of the reduced salary) is enough for me, I wouldn't pay him a penny !

A lot of supporters couldn't wait to see the back of Knight, one of the few comforts of relegation was the chance for a clean sweep of
all the over paid lazy arsed wasters - of which Knight was at the top of the list.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 26, 2012 12:05 pm

For the record I am behind Coyle for next season. I have my doubts but I think IF he signs the right players (ie not more fanny wingers) we could have a 96/97 on our hands. I'll be right on his back if the lessons haven't been learnt though. Like set peice organisation (or lack of), 442 every game, picking favourites.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat May 26, 2012 12:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:For the record I am behind Coyle for next season. I have my doubts but I think IF he signs the right players (ie not more fanny wingers) we could have a 96/97 on our hands. I'll be right on his back if the lessons haven't been learnt though. Like set peice organisation (or lack of), 442 every game, picking favourites.
You mean you are behind him provided he's had a complete brain transplant. Fingers crossed