Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by a1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:50 am

bobo the clown wrote:Well, Knight"s obviously spent the past weeks getting himself an offer.

Bless anyone at Premiership level who goes for him (tho at Div 2 level he may have been OK). It's not just his lack of ability, but his bravery and passion that let him down last year.

... & you can coach skill, but not heart & courage. If it's not there it just isn't. ... & it isn't.

In the end even Cpt. Chaos spotted it.
hmm, not sure i like his "get rid of everyone who's not me family or me mate , no matter what the cost" policy.

8mill on tossmander 4 mil on zat knotbothered, at least 8 others. all gone for nowt or next to nowt

he's costing us more money turning us into a shit team, than ginger get and bungface ever spent turning us into 'good enough'.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:53 am

a1 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Well, Knight"s obviously spent the past weeks getting himself an offer.

Bless anyone at Premiership level who goes for him (tho at Div 2 level he may have been OK). It's not just his lack of ability, but his bravery and passion that let him down last year.

... & you can coach skill, but not heart & courage. If it's not there it just isn't. ... & it isn't.

In the end even Cpt. Chaos spotted it.
hmm, not sure i like his "get rid of everyone who's not me family or me mate" policy.

8mill on tossmander 4 mil on zat knotbothered, at least 8 others. all gone for nowt or next to nowt

he's costing us more money turning us into a shit team, than ginger get and bungface ever spent turning us into 'good enough'.
you been drinking more than me?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:57 am

does he mean you ? i thought it 'capt chaos' were a nickname for coyle.

re: the bold bit, toss means 'no good' in that sense.

i thought he [johan] were ok. so i'm being kinda ironic or facetious or flippant, or something, with his name.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 am

a1 wrote:does he mean you ? i thought it 'capt chaos' were a nickname for coyle.

re: the bold bit, toss means 'no good' in that sense.

i thought he [johan] were ok. so i'm being kinda ironic or facetious or flippant, or something, with his name.
Gingernuts signed him not scottish piles!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:35 am

yeah i know, i more saying that coyle is costing us money by giving free transfers to players we've already spent a big transfer fee on .

ie, it wouldve bin cheaper giving , say, elmander an extended contract ... rather than letting him go for nowt, then using more money for a signing ngog and giving ngog a contract. [ i'm not counting the original 8 mil on elmander coz thats already been spent if he stays or not].

johan couldve held the midfield together some when they were all getting injured, for instance.

carnt be arsed doing the maths for it all, and its probably not as 'even' as i'm thinking, but i think it sped up our downfall.

and i'll bet relegation costs adds to the 'neg' side of the sum massively. [but thats not totally my point here]

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 am

Cpt. Chaos is indeed intended to mean St. Owen of Coyle.

We can't actually MAKE out of contract players sign new ones & have no longer (never have had ?) The dosh to bribe them into doing it.

For players like Knight, whilst not the walking disaster area some feel he is, it would be sinful to pay him top dollar. He's been offered a new contract, which is contravertial enough given his abject performaces last year, at lower rates which reflect our new league & finances. He's now rejected that which, frankly, I'm surprised at. However, if some marginal Premiership outfit have offered him more to join them then (a). Good luck to his bank balance and (b). Oh dear for them when they realise how shite he is at that level.

As for Elmander; His contract was up.
We offered him terms to sign, which he rejected.
He'd been pissed-off to be dropped to midfield & make way for Stuuridge & still not dislodge Davies.
He left.

This isn't complicated.

It's how we got Stelios, Jay-Jay, Kevin Davies ... Oh, & Pratley (!!) and many more.

We will win some & lose some this way.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:Cpt. Chaos is indeed intended to mean St. Owen of Coyle.

We can't actually MAKE out of contract players sign new ones & have no longer (never have had ?) The dosh to bribe them into doing it.

For players like Knight, whilst not the walking disaster area some feel he is, it would be sinful to pay him top dollar. He's been offered a new contract, which is contravertial enough given his abject performaces last year, at lower rates which reflect our new league & finances. He's now rejected that which, frankly, I'm surprised at. However, if some marginal Premiership outfit have offered him more to join them then (a). Good luck to his bank balance and (b). Oh dear for them when they realise how shite he is at that level.

As for Elmander; His contract was up.
We offered him terms to sign, which he rejected.
He'd been pissed-off to be dropped to midfield & make way for Stuuridge & still not dislodge Davies.
He left.

This isn't complicated.

It's how we got Stelios, Jay-Jay, Kevin Davies ... Oh, & Pratley (!!) and many more.

We will win some & lose some this way.
Pretty much this. Elmander was a bit of a balls up by the club contract wise but understandable to some extent in the circumstances.

It would have been cheaper and most likely better to have given Elmander what he wanted and saved the 7M on signing Sordell and Ngog. But hey thats gone now.

We can only offer Knight who was not a regular last season, nor ever been a consistent or top performer what he's worth as a championship centre half.

If he can do better then good luck.

Bit of a worry is that we would then need 2 cbs minimum and its not as easy to pluck them out of thin air on a low budget as Nixon seems to be suggesting IMO.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Yes this line of argument is pretty silly. We offered contracts to Elmander and Knight; they didn't want to sign them. According to Gartside, the Sampions Lig Basterds doubled Elmander’s salary. What can Coyle do about that?

The blame lies squarely with Megson and Gartside for signing players in their late 20’s for grossly inflated fees, and only tying them down for 3 years.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:14 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Yes this line of argument is pretty silly. We offered contracts to Elmander and Knight; they didn't want to sign them. According to Gartside, the Sampions Lig Basterds doubled Elmander’s salary. What can Coyle do about that?

The blame lies squarely with Megson and Gartside for signing players in their late 20’s for grossly inflated fees, and only tying them down for 3 years.
Not sure about that. Elmander was 27 when he signed here, about the same age as when Anelka was when he signed.

Elmander just was unlucky in his first season with stop start injuries, and then he just never got any real form. He showed the odd sign when Coyle first came in but never really ignited.

It's kind of one of those things. I do think we should have offered him what he wanted to stay and it still would have been miles cheaper than what weve done now, but of course it's easy to say that but who knows what ramifications that would have had when discussing deals with other existing players?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Elmander was a waste of money. Who signed him?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 pm

:negative:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Not sure about that. Elmander was 27 when he signed here, about the same age as when Anelka was when he signed.
Well we signed Anelka on a four year deal so that was one difference. We also extended his contract at the end of his first season. You can argue that unlike Elmander, Anelka was proven in the Premier League so deserved a longer contract. Also unlike Elmander, Anelka had a successful first season. Of course, both points raise the question as to why we paid £11 million for Elmander when we only paid £8 million for Anelka.

In short, any way you look at it, Elmander was a debacle.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:05 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote::negative:
:wink:

Another one evidencing his prowess in the transfer market :roll:

courtliff_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by courtliff_bwfc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:16 pm

We paid £8.2M for Elmander not £11M

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:26 pm

jaffka wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote::negative:
:wink:

Another one evidencing his prowess in the transfer market :roll:
The picture of Megson in a quote comes out as 'negative' :lol:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Hahahahaha, even the computer knows
Pfffft.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 pm

You're welcome. Believe I suggested that trick a few years back. :D

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Be extremely happy with Mills, would even make me more comfortable in thinking Cole knew what we he was doing. Not too young, but a decent (at this level) centre half, no nonsense type of player.

The game that sums Knight up was I think Fulham away? We played as a whole like we didn't give a shit (nowt new for Knight) but he was caught on camera having a laugh bang after the full time whistle with one of theirs. He's a grade A tosser. I get the viewpoint (of which I think only WtW holds/openly admits) of keep him on reduced wages cos he i a 'proven' centre half. Maybe we won't get anyone more talented - he has the tools for the job. But he's an absolute prick, shows no fight and doesn't give a flying f*ck about this football club. Give me someone who ticks those boxes with less ability any day.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 am

officer_dibble wrote:Be extremely happy with Mills, would even make me more comfortable in thinking Cole knew what we he was doing. Not too young, but a decent (at this level) centre half, no nonsense type of player.

The game that sums Knight up was I think Fulham away? We played as a whole like we didn't give a shit (nowt new for Knight) but he was caught on camera having a laugh bang after the full time whistle with one of theirs. He's a grade A tosser. I get the viewpoint (of which I think only WtW holds/openly admits) of keep him on reduced wages cos he i a 'proven' centre half. Maybe we won't get anyone more talented - he has the tools for the job. But he's an absolute prick, shows no fight and doesn't give a flying f*ck about this football club. Give me someone who ticks those boxes with less ability any day.
he used to play for fulham, maybe he was seeing a mate for the first time in ages.

it were the city away game that were worse.

and thats just his style - rio ferdinand plays like he's not arsed, its a too cool for school thing. whatever.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:13 am

a1 wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Be extremely happy with Mills, would even make me more comfortable in thinking Cole knew what we he was doing. Not too young, but a decent (at this level) centre half, no nonsense type of player.

he used to play for fulham, maybe he was seeing a mate for the first time in ages.

it were the city away game that were worse.

and thats just his style - rio ferdinand plays like he's not arsed, its a too cool for school thing. whatever.
Rio does do that but at least he's reliable and your heart rate doesn't rise every time it comes to him