Season ticket

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Season ticket

Post by Mitch » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Well I knew I would renew in the end, just booked our seats for next season. My lad wasn't so keen, he's only known us in the premier league, but I've convinced him (I think), that we're in for an exciting season. So, we're going back, be interesting to see if the familiar faces around me are there again too.

You know, I'm really looking forward to it :D

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Season ticket

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Same for us three. Hopefully the "big club" mentality will be less apparent, the refs will be less blatantly biased, the opposition won't have as many diving cheating scumbags and we might win a game every now and again.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Got to do mine tonight...

onlywanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by onlywanderer » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Got mine yesterday. Absolutely buzzing.

Cant wait to be a top half team again. :lol:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 pm

onlywanderer wrote:Got mine yesterday. Absolutely buzzing.

Cant wait to be a top half team again. :lol:
Hush your mouth and don't jinx us :lol: :wink:
Pfffft.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:25 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Got to do mine tonight...

Done...

Like how my confirmation email stated I has renewed for 2012/2013 Premie League.
Maybe it was all a bad dream afterall? :D

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 am

also got mine and my daughters,,,only thing is daughter is asking about teams in championship and players names lol...might need to get programe for next season lol to know who is who ...bless her she use to premier league players,,ah well another adventure awaits for her in the championship

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 pm

I've renewed, was never any doubt
West Stand White

Juewanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Juewanderer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:38 am

How many have we sold up to now?
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Sold over 10k so far.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

onlywanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by onlywanderer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:47 pm

is that good at this point? I have no idea.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:55 pm

DIPS wrote:Sold over 10k so far.
Sounds pretty good to me
Pfffft.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:16 am

onlywanderer wrote:is that good at this point? I have no idea.

Now sold over 11,000 which is more than at this time last season: :D

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1 ... 83,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 am

Riviman wrote:
onlywanderer wrote:is that good at this point? I have no idea.

Now sold over 11,000 which is more than at this time last season: :D

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1 ... 83,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
They went on sale earlier this season I think so a bit of an erroneous stat.

However, 11,000 is still very impressive.

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Great news regarding our ticket sales. Given that we've only just gone down I
Surprised so many have chosen to renew or are first time buyers.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:39 pm

I wonder how the matchday sales will go? I'm surprised season tickets have held up so well. Be interesting to see what happens to the occasionals, and every other few weekers.....

I can see that dropping considerably as the prospect of a match against Barnsley, Peterbrough, etc will look less enticing on a fixture list than many of the premiership encounters, to the casual fan......

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I wonder how the matchday sales will go? I'm surprised season tickets have held up so well. Be interesting to see what happens to the occasionals, and every other few weekers.....

I can see that dropping considerably as the prospect of a match against Barnsley, Peterbrough, etc will look less enticing on a fixture list than many of the premiership encounters, to the casual fan......
:roll:
Yeah you're right.
Speaking on behalf of the every other few weeker fraternity, I can confirm that we're all going to stop going now.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:32 pm

I think it's a very fair question, fairly put. In a market suffering deepening recession and personal debt, the club is entering a new era, an uncertain new phase. Hopefully we might be winning far more games than at any point in the last decade, and that will tempt the occasionals into regulars. We all know blokes who make their mind up in the week of the game whether or not to attend, and while Millwall's a harder sell than Man City, Sheffield Wednesday makes a change from Stoke and the simple fact is that winning teams are more fun to watch. Well, usually...

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I wonder how the matchday sales will go? I'm surprised season tickets have held up so well. Be interesting to see what happens to the occasionals, and every other few weekers.....

I've never completely understand why, since the end of the Allardyce ere really, our attendances against the big 4/5 has always been so superior to that of the rest of the league. Of course the big boys will always sell out most of their away allocation, and a few of their stray fans will chose to sit in the home end granted, but towards the end of our premiership run I could think of nothing worse than watching the team get rolled over by 4 or 5 especially at the inflated 'category A' pricing. There's always the argument that you get to see world class players and all that but again I'd have given my right arm sometimes for a Drogba or Rooney to be either suspended/injured and at least give us a chance.

I think the overwhelming opinion on this board is we should have a very decent season next year and will be favourites for the majority, it might just be me but I feel much happier parting with my cash at the realistic thought of us grabbing all 3 points and being able to compete with other teams on the pitch instead of in the boardroom.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:44 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:

I've never completely understand why, since the end of the Allardyce ere really, our attendances against the big 4/5 has always been so superior to that of the rest of the league. Of course the big boys will always sell out most of their away allocation, and a few of their stray fans will chose to sit in the home end granted, but towards the end of our premiership run I could think of nothing worse than watching the team get rolled over by 4 or 5 especially at the inflated 'category A' pricing. There's always the argument that you get to see world class players and all that but again I'd have given my right arm sometimes for a Drogba or Rooney to be either suspended/injured and at least give us a chance.

I think the overwhelming opinion on this board is we should have a very decent season next year and will be favourites for the majority, it might just be me but I feel much happier parting with my cash at the realistic thought of us grabbing all 3 points and being able to compete with other teams on the pitch instead of in the boardroom.
I kind of agree, but then you can argue that some folk who go to the Reebok, just go to watch premiership football and aren't necessarily bothered about Bolton winning. Nice if we do, but it doesn't spoil their week. They just like top flight football every other month or whatever.....