Olympic Squad

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Olympic Squad

Post by Whookam » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:35 pm

si2008 wrote:at least the lad going to get a run out ..get him ready for next season
Unlikely, he'll be behind Sturridge and Bellamy.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Whookam wrote:
si2008 wrote:at least the lad going to get a run out ..get him ready for next season
Or maybe they'll be behind (and to the side of) him in Pearce's favoured 4-3-3...?

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Whookam wrote:
Or maybe they'll be behind (and to the side of) him in Pearce's favoured 4-3-3...?
Bellamy--Sturridge--Giggs in that case then surely?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Giggs' lack of pace means he's a central midfielder nowadays. In fact, I think he's been selected more for the experience and influence that he has rather than to make much impact on the pitch.

With just the three forwards selected, Pearce seems to have faith in Our Marv and he should see some game time.

Pleased for him.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:20 pm

It seems strange talking about Sordell. He's been with us for ages but he still doesn't feel like one of our lads but I wish him the best. Hopefully he plays well and it gives him added confidence for the start of the Championship season.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:35 am

Whookam wrote:
He'll get at least as much time as St.Owen gave him in half a season.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:45 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Whookam wrote:
He'll get at least as much time as St.Owen gave him in half a season.
I hope he blows the opps's away and scores shed loads! Maybe then some folk will wake up to what a complete utter pr*ck Coyle is.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:16 am

Nicko58 wrote:With just the three forwards selected, Pearce seems to have faith in Our Marv and he should see some game time.
If he plays 4-3-3, Scott Sinclair may well play wide; at a bit of a push, Danny Rose is another option. But yeah, our lad should get some good game time.
Hoboh wrote:I hope he blows the opps's away and scores shed loads! Maybe then some folk will wake up to what a complete utter pr*ck Coyle is.
Or, back in a less one-eyed world, "will be overjoyed that Bolton have a goalscoring striker".

If somewhat saddened that he didn't save us last season.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 am

Hoboh wrote:I hope he blows the opps's away and scores shed loads! Maybe then some folk will wake up to what a complete utter pr*ck Coyle is.
So if he scores a few in the Olympics, he would have been ready for the Premier League the season before? Is that really your logic?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 am

BL3 wrote:
So if he scores a few in the Olympics, he would have been ready for the Premier League the season before? Is that really your logic?
My logic is if you are in a bloody big hole you dont throw millions away bringing in the means possibly to fill it in and leave it in the garage! Anyway what was Coyles logic? 'we have a plan? :lmfao: Anyone could have a plan to get us relegated!!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 am

Hoboh wrote:My logic is if you are in a bloody big hole you dont throw millions away bringing in the means possibly to fill it in and leave it in the garage!
That's not why we signed him in January.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:19 am

Go on then, why did we sign him in January then? And if it wasn't for last year, are you saying there wasn't one player we could have signed for £3m who would have made a difference last year?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am

Prufrock wrote:Go on then, why did we sign him in January then? And if it wasn't for last year, are you saying there wasn't one player we could have signed for £3m who would have made a difference last year?
We signed him minutes before the deadline because other options had been exhausted. We would have signed him at the end of the season if other clubs hadn't been poised to sign him in January. It was either spend the money on a future prospect or keep the money and miss out.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 am

Very happy for him. Hopefully it'll give him some confidence and sharpen his eye for the coming season.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 am

Sponge wrote:Very happy for him. Hopefully it'll give him some confidence and sharpen his eye for the coming season.
Absolutely. There'll be more eyes on him at The Olympics than there will be at The Bok next season, too. So here's hoping that the lad's up to it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 am

Whilst we're at it, I also think it was a f*cking travesty that SKD and Cahill were both picked for England whilst Wanderers.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:00 pm

It would've been a travesty

if they were getting selected for their country and not getting a fcuking game for the club while it slithered to relegation under a cockend of a manager
Sto ut Serviam

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:46 pm

So Marv is considered ready to play at the Olympics, but not up to playing half of a dour game at the Reebok. Only on Planet Coyle.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:19 pm

50sQuiff wrote:So Marv is considered ready to play at the Olympics, but not up to playing half of a dour game at the Reebok. Only on Planet Coyle.
Are you suggesting that Olympic football is a similar standard to the Premier League?

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:58 pm

BL3 wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:So Marv is considered ready to play at the Olympics, but not up to playing half of a dour game at the Reebok. Only on Planet Coyle.
Are you suggesting that Olympic football is a similar standard to the Premier League?
Who knows as it only comes around every fours years and, for Great Britain, every forty years? The fact that Pearce has selected mainly known Premier League players makes your argument look very silly indeed.

It appears that you may be St Owen himself judging by the twisted logic you apply to supporting his every decision.