The New Kit Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: The New Kit Thread

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:30 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Amazed at the number of folk down at bok today paying to have the bloody championship logo on their shirts...!
Forget that - people are actually paying £71, that's seventy one pounds, 21 more than fifty, for a shirt with an orange blob on it?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Colonel Campo wrote:Just arrived now, I'm well pleased. Could have Ironed it for me for £71
71 quid?

Get fcuked
Sto ut Serviam

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Where does this £71 number come from? The club shop has it for £44.99.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:19 pm

^^ Name and number on the back? Championship logo on the sleeves, perhaps?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:31 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Amazed at the number of folk down at bok today paying to have the bloody championship logo on their shirts...!
I thought that that was the queue for paying. I'd been stood in it for 10 minutes before I realised. :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Got mine from the town centre shop, nobody in there. Granted they won't print it for you though.


Colonel Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Colonel Campo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:32 pm

HMX wrote:^^ Name and number on the back? Championship logo on the sleeves, perhaps?
Exactly
<removed - image too big>

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:59 pm

I don't like the numbers, whats with the random yellow/gold? Surely red and white would be better


P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:05 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:I don't like the numbers, whats with the random yellow/gold? Surely red and white would be better
Not seen them yet, post up a photo. Are there sponsors names on the back of the shirts as you often see in the Championship?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:09 pm

You mean, the championship logos don't come on it already as standard?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:12 pm

i called in the club shop the other day. i like the Jnr shirt a lot. if the adult was available without the blob id definitely invest. i know it sounds gay but the orange (which is fecking luminous) looks horrendous up against the red logo and stripes, its a nauseating clash. red & orange! its a massive no no, akin to wearing white socks with a black suit.

not the end of the world tho, tis just a footy shirt - i suppose we just have to be thankful we dont support burnley/villa/west ham, or bradford :vomit:

i also had a quick browse round of the rest of the store, came out empty handed - what an epic jumble sale of tat.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:I don't like the numbers, whats with the random yellow/gold? Surely red and white would be better
Not seen them yet, post up a photo. Are there sponsors names on the back of the shirts as you often see in the Championship?
Not my picture but



Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 pm

P.O.S. wrote:Are there sponsors names on the back of the shirts as you often see in the Championship?
I wondered that when I watched the play-off final last season. The players were decked out like the back of shithouse doors.
May the bridges I burn light your way

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:04 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:
Not my picture but

Theyve shat out there

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:i called in the club shop the other day. i like the Jnr shirt a lot. if the adult was available without the blob id definitely invest. i know it sounds gay but the orange (which is fecking luminous) looks horrendous up against the red logo and stripes, its a nauseating clash. red & orange! its a massive no no, akin to wearing white socks with a black suit.

not the end of the world tho, tis just a footy shirt - i suppose we just have to be thankful we dont support burnley/villa/west ham, or bradford :vomit:

i also had a quick browse round of the rest of the store, came out empty handed - what an epic jumble sale of tat.
I don't know if it's just me, but I guess 188 bet blob doesn't really bother me now, I guess i've sort of got used to it lol. To me it isn't as in your face as last years with the red and white being excluded to the shoulders and arms of the jersey rather than sitting directly above and below the chest as last years.

In the end it isn't a instant classic but an improvement on years past and so far the only jersey we've had since the allardyce era that hasn't had to 'grow on me'. Except for the size that is, i'm sure these b*stards get tighter every year...or maybe I just get bigger :oops:

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:58 pm

What's with the random FORMOTION at the bottom of the shirt?


bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:12 pm

That is pretty tacky.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:42 am

Colonel Campo wrote:
HMX wrote:^^ Name and number on the back? Championship logo on the sleeves, perhaps?
Exactly
And I repeat

71 fcuking quid
Sto ut Serviam

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:06 am

adamworthy2002 wrote:What's with the random FORMOTION at the bottom of the shirt?
Formotion is some sports science thing in the design of the shirt that gives athletes "superior freedom and movement" and makes them more aerodynamic or some crap, its in the label thing that came with it

kind of like sticking flame stickers on the side

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 am

http://twitter.com/maca_bwfc/status/221 ... 80/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;