Fab to carry Olympic torch

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Fab to carry Olympic torch

Post by Riviman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:11 pm

According to Lion of Vienna web site:

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2012/7 ... -wanderers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
:oyea:
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Fab to carry Olympic torch

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Bless him & given the public interest earlier this year, very fitting, but the Councillor saying that he'd come back to top flight football must be an avid fan.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

onlywanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by onlywanderer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:58 pm

This is superb. will be a great moment

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:13 am

That's awesome. Will be cheering him on.

farnworth scum
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by farnworth scum » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 am

Good for Fab! Pity he did'nt carry it in Bolton.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:57 am

Khan was more fitting for Bolton.An Olympic silver medallist from Bolton rather than a man from London who is famous for surviving a heart attack rather than sporting greatness.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:59 am

Martin_Cruise wrote:Khan was more fitting for Bolton.An Olympic silver medallist from Bolton rather than a man from London who is famous for surviving a heart attack rather than sporting greatness.
... wow. Good day to you, too.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:Khan was more fitting for Bolton.An Olympic silver medallist from Bolton rather than a man from London who is famous for surviving a heart attack rather than sporting greatness.
So,when he was in danger of dieing, the whole world and his brother united in support. Now he's recovering, think what a boost this will befor him. Every respect to Khan, but Londoner or no, Fab's a Bolton Wanderer. What problem?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
So,when he was in danger of dieing, the whole world and his brother united in support. Now he's recovering, think what a boost this will befor him. Every respect to Khan, but Londoner or no, Fab's a Bolton Wanderer. What problem?
Basically my problem with Muamba is that Megson was given £5 million to replace hopefully Okocha or more realistically Speed but all we got was a very limited player who could tackle.The only differences between Muamba and the alehouse league tacklers Bury have playing central midfield was Muamba's strength and fitness.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Basically my problem with Muamba is that Megson was given £5 million to replace hopefully Okocha or more realistically Speed but all we got was a very limited player who could tackle.The only differences between Muamba and the alehouse league tacklers Bury have playing central midfield was Muamba's strength and fitness.
Which is, frankly bllx, but even if not, why does that make you anti the Moo carrying the Olympic torch given the public reaction to his illness and it going through he lived as a schoolboy ?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Muamba Walks with Olympic Torch, 4 Months After Collapse

Fabrice Muamba carried the Olympic torch through London on Saturday, four months after collapsing on the field during an English football match. While he is still not well enough to play, Muamba was able to walk 300 metres with the torch on Saturday as the relay reached London.
Good for him, but he managed to walk 300m with it. So I think returning this season may be a bit of a push for the lad.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 pm

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/588707405?-11201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vid of moo carrying the torch
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:11 pm

He needs to stop wearing those shit glasses..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 pm

boltonboris wrote:He needs to stop wearing those shit glasses..

:lol:

was thinking the same
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience