Sordell wants a place in the starting line up

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sordell wants a place in the starting line up

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Weell yeah, but 6 months on the bench must hammer your confidence. Hopefully he gets a fresh start this year, fair crack at the whip etc.

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:58 am

Is it true that the cost of tickets at the Theatre Of Glory-Hunting Vermin are £50?

If so - bargain!

You can't beat paying for the Olympics and then getting charged a fortune to attend.
Troll and proud of it.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:02 am

He's streets ahead of our other "strikers" - mobile, good touch, found team mates with passes and, last but not least, hit the woodwork from 8 yards. This is real progress - makes a change from the ball going wide or over the bar.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Just missed a sitter......
He's hardly played in the past 6 months so he needs games to get sharper.

But that late chance wasn't a sitter - it was a very good chance but IMO not a sitter, I think he did quite well and showed good technique, and has a decent 1st touch which is rare for a Bolton player.

Given a run in the Bolton side he'll score goals and certainly give us more of a threat upfront than N'Gog & KD put together with his movement.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:43 am

Peter Thompson wrote:

But that late chance wasn't a sitter - it was a very good chance but IMO not a sitter, I think he did quite well and showed good technique, and has a decent 1st touch which is rare for a Bolton player.

Given a run in the Bolton side he'll score goals and certainly give us more of a threat upfront than N'Gog & KD put together with his movement.
I thought he looked ok, mainly his movement caught the eye, as he was starved by service.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:55 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I thought he looked ok, mainly his movement caught the eye, as he was starved by service.
A cynic might say he should get used to that.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:58 am

Having said that I think there would be a lot more evidence required before we start declaring him as "clearly better" than NGog or Davies.

Least he got some game time.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Having said that I think there would be a lot more evidence required before we start declaring him as "clearly better" than NGog or Davies.

Can he control a football? Check.
Can he pass a football? Check.
Can he run (with or without a football) and not fall over? Check.

It's so clear, crystal looks cloudy by comparison.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:05 pm

50sQuiff wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Having said that I think there would be a lot more evidence required before we start declaring him as "clearly better" than NGog or Davies.

Can he control a football? Check.
Can he pass a football? Check.
Can he run (with or without a football) and not fall over? Check.

It's so clear, crystal looks cloudy by comparison.
But your suggestion that NGog, and to a lesser extent Davies, cannot do any of these things successfully isn't exactly true is it??

Rather Ngog's main problem seems to be a lack of confidence at the vital times, always wanting one too many touches in the penalty area rather than giving the ball a wholloping, whilst Davies issues all come down to his age and lack of the physical attributes that once made him 'super'.

The one box that neither striker has ticked is the ability to score goals on a regular basis. Marvin has come closest to proving this and so I imagine he'll get the nod to begin with however neither of the other 2, Ngog or Super Kev, has ever competed at this level (at least in recent memory) and so I guess this is the great variable. Will it see either of them go on a goal spree or will they're weaknesses continue to rear there ugly heads. Personally I hope to see alot of Ngog in the net few pre season matches (given he's fit again) as I believe bagging one or two could give his confidence a huge boost.