New official BWFC website

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New official BWFC website

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:44 pm

The design in itself is ok. But it needs some serious polish!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:The design in itself is ok. But it needs some serious polish!
In content or form? They seem to be getting some stories piped in from their associates at Sky Sports.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:The design in itself is ok. But it needs some serious polish!
In content or form? They seem to be getting some stories piped in from their associates at Sky Sports.
Probably both, but mainly form. On the right track, but drop downs aren't quite right for me, neither is page layout.

And I don't like the font!

Could all be tidied up.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:53 pm

It looks like a free website job that can be knocked up in a half an hour.

Really cheap looking...

The last one wasn't exactly user friendly, but at least it looked mildly professional
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Chrisfu
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chrisfu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Not *too* relevant, but a Bolton firm designed the new Amir Khan site, called Absolute. The design they've used for that wouldn't really work for a football club's official site, but they researched it to death and made a site that gives you key stats, news, media etc. with a good design flow. It's at http://amirkhanworld.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I'm sure they could have knocked up something nice for us lot too, probably for nothing if they were allowed to put it on their portfolio.

The new Bolton site appears to have had naff-all in the way of usability testing.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:It's the British way. We got a new Worthington's Creamflow pump at work a few weeks ago. It's tall and chrome, the other was short, green, and a bit rubbish. There's been uproar, uproar!

We don't want change
Keep things the same
I'd be in uproar if it still dispensed Worthington's fecking Creamflow. Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! :hang:

Sounds a bit fancy to me. We just used to use Domestos to clean the toilets in my day.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Chrisfu wrote:Not *too* relevant, but a Bolton firm designed the new Amir Khan site, called Absolute. The design they've used for that wouldn't really work for a football club's official site, but they researched it to death and made a site that gives you key stats, news, media etc. with a good design flow. It's at http://amirkhanworld.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I'm sure they could have knocked up something nice for us lot too, probably for nothing if they were allowed to put it on their portfolio.

The new Bolton site appears to have had naff-all in the way of usability testing.
Absolute do some really great stuff. I work for a web design company too, but I doubt Absolute would do it for free.. Quite a few templates to design, UX stuff, etc. They seem to be at the level where they don't need to be 'allowed' to put stuff on their portfolio. The Amir Khan work speaks for itself.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:32 am

Does every site now have to be designed like it's a mobile 'app' for ADD-addled teens to mindlessly click and swipe from one consumer experience to the next? I'm an adult, I'll have a website please.

Site's very very poor. As for whoever did that Premium TV deal, I can only genuflect. What a twisted genius he must've been.

Khan site is actually pretty nice. Kudos to the local company, the likes of which probably should be designing our site.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:53 am

Not overly impressed with it.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:It looks like a free website job that can be knocked up in a half an hour.

Really cheap looking...

The last one wasn't exactly user friendly, but at least it looked mildly professional
This.

I can't believe how shockingly shit the new website looks.

This club is on a massive downward spiral. They'll be moving to Accy Stanley's ground next.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Coyles dad designed it

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:29 pm

I'd love to know who has designed this crock of shit. They must be sat pissing themselves laughing that they've put together such an absolute pile of garbage for what should be such a high profile client. It must be their biggest client if they design shit like that.

The only reasoning I can think why they would do this is:

- Coyle's mate's son is a GCSE IT student and wanted to do a new site
- Someone paid BWFC to have this done
- The marketing manager is on crack

There's no other explanation for this. This is more amazing than the £4m pissed up the wall for Ngog.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Dear me. It's part of a group of dozens of websites controlled from south-west London by a Sky group subsidiary. I rather doubt Coyle's hilariously alleged nepotism stretches that far.

To be honest I'm far more bothered about losing 3-0 to a scratch team of strangers. And I find even that more confusing than contemptible.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Sorry, forgot to add a smiley :doh:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:56 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Coyles dad designed it
:mrgreen:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Chrisfu
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chrisfu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:56 pm

HMX wrote:
Chrisfu wrote:Not *too* relevant, but a Bolton firm designed the new Amir Khan site, called Absolute. The design they've used for that wouldn't really work for a football club's official site, but they researched it to death and made a site that gives you key stats, news, media etc. with a good design flow. It's at http://amirkhanworld.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I'm sure they could have knocked up something nice for us lot too, probably for nothing if they were allowed to put it on their portfolio.

Absolute do some really great stuff. I work for a web design company too, but I doubt Absolute would do it for free.. Quite a few templates to design, UX stuff, etc. They seem to be at the level where they don't need to be 'allowed' to put stuff on their portfolio. The Amir Khan work speaks for itself.
I work for the company that hosts the site, just got the impression from Absolute it may have been a labour of love rather than a paid job. Could be wrong though, either way it's a good job and worth the money. Bolton could easily get a company to manage all of site-related stuff, problem would be with the TV channel/media stuff that comes tied in.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 am

Chrisfu wrote:
HMX wrote:

I work for the company that hosts the site, just got the impression from Absolute it may have been a labour of love rather than a paid job. Could be wrong though, either way it's a good job and worth the money. Bolton could easily get a company to manage all of site-related stuff, problem would be with the TV channel/media stuff that comes tied in.
Ah, you have a better informed opinion than I, in that case! :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 am

Chrisfu wrote:Bolton could easily get a company to manage all of site-related stuff, problem would be with the TV channel/media stuff that comes tied in.
Not if, as seems to be the case, they're tied into a contract.

Chrisfu
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chrisfu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 am

HMX wrote:
Chrisfu wrote:
HMX wrote:

Ah, you have a better informed opinion than I, in that case! :)
As I say, it was just the impression that I got, but they really seemed enthusiastic and thrilled to be supporting a local sportsman and seemed into their boxing. If it was a paid job, they sure as hell went into it full-on. Either way it'd be nice if they were approached to design a site that didn't look like a printed pamphlet at a catholic funeral.