Burnley vs Bolton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

klasnicks
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Burnley vs Bolton

Post by klasnicks » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Mavis looked knackered after about 10 minutes. What fitness training have they been up to??!

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:19 pm

wonder if swansea are still in for m davies. 5m is more than enough. there's talent there but he doesn't suit our system & style and has clear fitness issues. time to get rid.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:22 pm

re: fat mark

selling him for next to nowt when all he probably needs is some people with a clue to tell him whats what.

i cannot judge anything coz i cannot tell what the feck is going on.

he might be a 25 million pound man, for all i know.
Last edited by a1 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:23 pm

James B wrote:wonder if swansea are still in for m davies. 5m is more than enough. there's talent there but he doesn't suit our system & style and has clear fitness issues. time to get rid.

There aren't many about who do. But agree that if we've been offered 6 mill, then yes he has to go. Far too inconsistant, and Piss poor today.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
m_taylor wrote:Negatives:

Midfield never showed once for the defense so long ball was the only option.
That's really worrying. You can play four, five or six in midfield, but if they don't want to get and use the ball, you end up with Zat Knight in control.

I doubt signing some low-browed clogger would help much in that department, either.
If you watch the Football League show tonight you will see no midfield wanted the ball. You could argue that Burnley pressed very well but if there midfield presses you, one midfield drags them out of position to open the space while the other glides through but long ball to Davies or long down the line for Petrov or Lee wont work and was painful to watch!!!

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Jesus christ Owen. You have good players and credit where its due you've built a good team. So why the feck don't you play em!! Chris Eagles is one of our best players, Super Kev god bless him is one of the worst, go figure...

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Just wondering at what point did Kevin Davies' preseason performances warrant starting alongside Sordell. He was clearly ineffective against Barca B and offered little today. SKD was responsible for some of our best moments in the Premiership but so was Campo an Okocha, but we got rid of them before they started offering sod all but we persist with SKD. It's embarrassing to see him finish his brilliant career with us in this way. We have better options.

Mavis couldn't be arsed.

4-4-2 isn't working. We've not addressed the problems from last season.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:46 pm

I think this will be the last time we see 4-4-2 and Kevin Davies for a while. I really hope so anyway.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:48 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I think this will be the last time we see 4-4-2 and Kevin Davies for a while. I really hope so anyway.
you overestimate our manager

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:48 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I think this will be the last time we see 4-4-2 and Kevin Davies for a while. I really hope so anyway.
You think Coyle is getting sacked before Tuesday then?

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:52 pm

:crazy: You know and I know that the stubborn bastard won't change it. He's in charge and we'll do it his way. Just because it ain't working doesn't make it wrong !! We tried 4 5 1 last season and won a few games, but as we all know reverted to the Coyle way, and if we lose, at least we've done it his way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Born to be a Wanderer!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm just awaiting "today, we didn't reach the standards set for Bolton Wanderer's Football Club"

How poor was that?

It's pointless looking towards Knight, Davo, Mavies and saying they weren't good. We could have had Messi, Iniesta and Xavi out there, and somehow, Coyle would manage to get them playing like a 2nd Division side.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:21 pm

It speaks volumes when arguably our best player was Bogdan.

I can take it when we're simply outplayed, but to be outfought like we were is completely unacceptable. Far too many players who are simply happy to pick up their cash without putting in the effort.

We could have played for the next week and we wouldn't have scored. The amount of times we got carved open in midfield was unreal, and having two right-footed players on the left hand side when Eagles came on was never likely to work.

BIG improvement needed against Derby and Forest or Coyle will again have to face some serious questions.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Reading through this really give me an impression that we did not make use of pre season well and still don't know our first 11 and throwing around bodies and hope for the best.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm

elfil76 wrote:Reading through this really give me an impression that we did not make use of pre season well and still don't know our first 11 and throwing around bodies and hope for the best.

Its been like that for 2 years now, or hadn't you noticed ??
Born to be a Wanderer!!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:34 pm

He just can't organise that fvcking shambles of a defence

We could have Messi and Ronaldo up front and it won't make a blind bit of difference if ya giving 2-3 nill head starts and what makes it even more fvcking crap is the football we serve up is diabolical
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:37 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:He just can't organise that fvcking shambles of a defence

We could have Messi and Ronaldo up front and it won't make a blind bit of difference if ya giving 2-3 nill head starts and what makes it even more fvcking crap is the football we serve up is diabolical
Not quite - he can't organise that shambles of a midfield either.

That's before we get to that shambles that is a forward line.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Shit. No point even grasping at a starting point. One of the lowest days in the last 15 years.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Well that was worse than sh*te we made a very average side look very good and conceded 2 weak as p*ss goals. Two more games with performances like that one and coyle will be down the road.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:49 pm

First was offside surely