Bolton v Forest thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Bolton v Forest thread

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:57 pm

knobby wrote:1 -1
Zat Knight OG.

:D
You mother fvcker get of ov this forum you cvnt fvcking hate bastards like you !!!

Not only are you a disgrace to bolton fans but to the human race aswell !!!

Enjoy the game mate :wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Day off work so I can feel an early start with a Royal Oak carvery and a couple of pints coming on....

I'd be tempted not to fiddle with the starting 11 but I wouldn't be surprised if OC did. TBH though, this is one match where I think we really need a DM in the middle. If only we had one.

How long since we kept 2 clean sheets in a row??

2-2 with us rescuing a point
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:21 pm

I think this is a really important game. Get a win and things start looking good because Forest are a decent side and 2 home wins from 2 is exactly what you need at this level. Confidence will improve within the squad, the fans will be happier and so on. Anything less than a win and things are still a bit ominous within the club. A loss would be very hard to take.

We should beat them. I predicted 2-0 for the game against Derby, so I'll go for 2-1 for us this time and keep my fingers crossed I'm correct again.

Seeing as Davies played 90 minutes against Derby, I'm thinking he'll be rested in favour of a partnership of Afobe and Sordell. When is N'Gog back?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:How long since we kept 2 clean sheets in a row??
Feb 2011. On the 16th & 20th, we won 1-0 at Wigan then Fulham in the FA Cup. We'd also kept a clean sheet in the previous league game, at home to Everton (won 2-0, Feb 13); before that we'd lost 2-1 at Spurs but before THAT we'd beaten Wolves 1-0 at home (Sturridge's first goal) a few days after an FA Cup 0-0 with Wigan. That's right, folks: five clean sheets in six games, under Owen Coyle. :shock:

For two successive league shut-outs, you have to go back to May 2009, under Gary Megson: two straight 0-0s with Wigan (away) and Sunderland (home).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Not so much a preview, more a hope and a prayer:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/tieing-the-notts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:53 pm

I expect we'll line up exactly as we did last night.

Forest appear to have organised themselves well under O'Driscoll and I'm expecting a tougher test. Hopefully our forwards are starting to find their range now so I think we can do em

3-2 win :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Not so much a preview, more a hope and a prayer:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/tieing-the-notts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice article, had forgotten about Wylde.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Our third choice left winger...
Sto ut Serviam

knobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by knobby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
knobby wrote:1 -1
Zat Knight OG.

:D
You mother fvcker get of ov this forum you cvnt fvcking hate bastards like you !!!

Not only are you a disgrace to bolton fans but to the human race aswell !!!

Enjoy the game mate :wink:
Don't start talking nice to me now otherwise the weirdo in the priests suit will turn on you !!
There’s a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 am

We're dooooooooomed!

Sorry, haven't been in the forums for a while. Needed to get that out of my system.
I predict a win. 1-0 Eagles to score simply based on probability.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:34 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Our third choice left winger...
Ah but is he second choice right winger?

Did we have no left footed players tuesday?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:49 am

Help required!

Bolton v Forest was one of my favourite games as a boy. I remember us winning 4-3 at Burnden under Rioch in 1993. Lee scored 2, Thompson and Patterson the others (golden era!).

I can't for the life of me remember how the goals went in though. Were we winning throughout? Were they scrappy goals? Works of art? I don't want to clog this Forest thread up with old memories (albeit Forest-related) so feel free to PM me any info. I can do a summary post with your insights later!

Or - if you think it's of interest, feel free to post for all. Not sure of the board etiquette on this one - it's sort of related!
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 am

Owen'sEleven wrote:Help required!

Bolton v Forest was one of my favourite games as a boy. I remember us winning 4-3 at Burnden under Rioch in 1993. Lee scored 2, Thompson and Patterson the others (golden era!).

I can't for the life of me remember how the goals went in though. Were we winning throughout? Were they scrappy goals? Works of art? I don't want to clog this Forest thread up with old memories (albeit Forest-related) so feel free to PM me any info. I can do a summary post with your insights later!

Or - if you think it's of interest, feel free to post for all. Not sure of the board etiquette on this one - it's sort of related!
It was played on a Sunday and we had Jules Darby at CB marking Stan Collymore :hang:

I stand to be corrected but as I recall they led twice :?

(That'll be me digging the DVD out later then!)
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:02 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Owen'sEleven wrote:Help required!

It was played on a Sunday and we had Jules Darby at CB marking Stan Collymore :hang:

I stand to be corrected but as I recall they led twice :?

(That'll be me digging the DVD out later then!)
Yep, iirc we scored the winner late on to make it 4-3.

Was a super game, as you say Collymore destroyed us at times.....

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Not so much a preview, more a hope and a prayer:

Nice article, had forgotten about Wylde.
Certainly a balanced preview. He's bound to start with the 11 that finished, winning team and all that.Hopefully their limitations wont be shown up by a better outfit than derby and they can be carried through on the confidence gained in picking up that win.
The tactical and individual failings of that 11 have already been discussed ad infinitum.A disaster waiting to happen against any side with a bit of pace and a half decent midfield. Now where did owen put my rosary beads?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:41 am

That forest game was on sky wasn't it?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 am

Worthy4England wrote:First the queue at the ticket office to pick up my pre-bought tickets - wtf was all that about and why can't I print 'em at home anymore.
Yeah, this is annoying.
Tried myself last night, the print at home delivery option has just disappeared off the form. :conf:
That place can't get anything right - I presume Coyle has got his sister in law or something in to run the show.

I'm not pissing about prematch tomorrow picking them up either when I could be having a pint so now I'm going to have to go there Friday afternoon on my way home from work and sort it.

Ticketmaster, Gartside and Coyle Out.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:48 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:First the queue at the ticket office to pick up my pre-bought tickets - wtf was all that about and why can't I print 'em at home anymore.
Yeah, this is annoying.
Tried myself last night, the print at home delivery option has just disappeared off the form. :conf:
That place can't get anything right - I presume Coyle has got his sister in law or something in to run the show.

I'm not pissing about prematch tomorrow picking them up either when I could be having a pint so now I'm going to have to go there Friday afternoon on my way home from work and sort it.

The online system for buying tickets doesn't work properly either.

Shambolic is the word....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Yeah, this is annoying.

The online system for buying tickets doesn't work properly either.

Shambolic is the word....
Word to the wise about the pre-match queue. For tickets that had already been purchased, it took me about 20 mins to get from back to front...

T'was a complete shambles.

Got in the ground just as they were about to KO and there was still a hefty queue then.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:58 am

boltonboris wrote:That forest game was on sky wasn't it?
Yeah, I remember going back to my mates afterwards and watching it again.
May the bridges I burn light your way