Bolton v Forest thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Bolton v Forest thread

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:08 pm

I think you've got that a bit mixed up DSB. Patterson scored the winner. I'm not sure it was on Sky, but proper tele when ITV showed games with our mate Elton Welsby.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:(That'll be me digging the DVD out later then!)
Get it uploaded to YouTube. Huge lack of anything BWFC on there between 1993 and 2001. Can't even find any footage of the PNE play off final on there.
Had never even dawned on me, Matt. I've never uploaded owt to youtube before. It can't be that difficult though given some of the stuff that's on there. Leave it wi mi. 8)
May the bridges I burn light your way

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:16 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:I think you've got that a bit mixed up DSB. Patterson scored the winner. I'm not sure it was on Sky, but proper tele when ITV showed games with our mate Elton Welsby.
It was Patterson who got the winner. Smashing the ball under the goalie from the Burnden Paddock side at the Lever End. I may have made that up.

But it was definitely ITV and not SKY. Grandad TV used to show lots of the lower league games and that's how Elton Welsby wound up stuck in a Burnden Park cupboard.

It was a very odd game. They were just better than us all over the pitch and yet we manged to pip them.

I remember it being a lovely sunny day and everyone just being happy to be there. Collymore was class and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

But he did.

Good.

More of that tomorrow will do me fine.

I also remember going to The City Ground and seeing us get battered (7-1?) in the cup (yes County did it to us too)

Growing up I think the whole country loved Forest. In the park we all wanted to be Shilts ('little Shilts' our parents would call us), McGovern (what ever happened to him), Robertson and of course Trevor Francis (we all wore his track-suit bought from a mush in Shepherd's Bush).

I don't have any 'second' teams but if I did it would be Norwich but if I had a third team it would probably be Forest.

Hope we wipe the floor with them on Friday.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Personally, I think I'd like to see us do what Allardyce used to do with cup competitions - let the stiffs and the fringe players start the early rounds whilst having the big guns on the bench. Then strengthen as needed if we/as we progress.
I think Coyle, who loves a cup run, will do just that.[/quote]

As D.S.B states above, I reckon Coyle may well do that , so maybe tomorrow's side will be much as the Derby game, maybe bringing N'gog back for the Crawley game. I reckon Riley and Alonso may well get a run out at Crawley, as will Vela, Wylde and a few more. D.M aside, we look pretty strong in the squad. All four strikers have got to start being interchangeable without looking like they never met each other, but with a week in between the Hull game after tomorrow, I reckon he'll start with Davies and Afobe up front with Sordell on the bench.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Defo Grananda... Feckin Elton Welsby... Who's up Elton's wife? Who's up Elton's wife? John McGinlay, John McGinlay he's up Elton's wife!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Defo Granada. We were losing 0-2 fought back to 2-2, went 2-3 down then came back again to win it with Patterson scoring the winner.

I remember the game as being (thankfully) the last time I ever heard a black player (Collymore) getting racially abused at Burnden. Forest had another bloke up front some of you may remember - Robert Rosario. He made Kevin Davies look prolific but suffered an injury in this game that ended his career.

We lost the return fixture 2-3. Phil Brown scoring an absolute belter to put us 1 up.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:(That'll be me digging the DVD out later then!)
Get it uploaded to YouTube. Huge lack of anything BWFC on there between 1993 and 2001. Can't even find any footage of the PNE play off final on there.
I uploaded the PNE Play-Off Final highlights/goals onto Youtube about 3/4 year back. I got a message from Youtube earlier this year stating Sky had put in a copyright infringement and it had to be removed immediately. Sad bastards, you'd think they'd have better things to do than spend all day scouring Youtube for a few seconds of footage :whack:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:First the queue at the ticket office to pick up my pre-bought tickets - wtf was all that about and why can't I print 'em at home anymore.
Yeah, this is annoying.
Tried myself last night, the print at home delivery option has just disappeared off the form. :conf:
That place can't get anything right - I presume Coyle has got his sister in law or something in to run the show.

I'm not pissing about prematch tomorrow picking them up either when I could be having a pint so now I'm going to have to go there Friday afternoon on my way home from work and sort it.

Ticketmaster, Gartside and Coyle Out.
Walking from CNR to the Bok, WtW and I were commenting on how fewer people there were milling about and how little traffic there was. Obviously that's because everyone was queuing outside the ticket office :shock: .Deary me. What a fecking shambles. There must have been plenty that missed the start of the game due to it.
I was 10 mins late for Barcelona freakin B - because they're shut up shop right on KO...

Mr Angry has written to them to find out what is going on.

Will keep you posted if I get a reply before Chrimbo.
Got an initial response...

The ‘Print at Home’ facility is still something we push quite extensively to our supporters who as you say want to avoid lengthy queuing times. However, this is only available if you book your tickets online and select the ‘Print at Home’ option as the delivery method. If you book over the phone with Ticketmaster close to the day of the game, and we can’t post them to you, they will be left here for you to collect on the night.

Sent a mail back saying great, but it's not on the form as an option when you're buying them!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:14 pm

I slouch corrected. Tomo's was the best goal tho.

(If it's ITV and not Prem Lge you might escape YouTube police...)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:21 pm

P.O.S. wrote:Im certain extended highlights of that 4-3 are on Youtube, cant link you to it though because of my work's draconian internet privacy laws!
Had a brief search for it, but there's only so much a man can take before he starts screaming STOP UPLOADING GOALS FROM COMPUTER GAMES YOU PATHETIC TWUNTS NOBODY GIVES A RAT'S ASS and his children back nervously away from him.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:39 pm

I've got that game on video. David Lee scored 2 didn't he, and Ju Ju Ju Darby played centre half? I have nearly all of them from that era. Which is quite sad, as its among a memrobilia collection that now fills a container the size of a coffin (really not kidding). I could do with selling it really, it takes up too much space. Anyone any ideas how one might do such a thing?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I've got that game on video. David Lee scored 2 didn't he, and Ju Ju Ju Darby played centre half? I have nearly all of them from that era. Which is quite sad, as its among a memrobilia collection that now fills a container the size of a coffin (really not kidding). I could do with selling it really, it takes up too much space. Anyone any ideas how one might do such a thing?

I can use the coffin! :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:First the queue at the ticket office to pick up my pre-bought tickets - wtf was all that about and why can't I print 'em at home anymore.
Yeah, this is annoying.
Tried myself last night, the print at home delivery option has just disappeared off the form. :conf:
That place can't get anything right - I presume Coyle has got his sister in law or something in to run the show.

I'm not pissing about prematch tomorrow picking them up either when I could be having a pint so now I'm going to have to go there Friday afternoon on my way home from work and sort it.

Ticketmaster, Gartside and Coyle Out.
Walking from CNR to the Bok, WtW and I were commenting on how fewer people there were milling about and how little traffic there was. Obviously that's because everyone was queuing outside the ticket office :shock: .Deary me. What a fecking shambles. There must have been plenty that missed the start of the game due to it.
I was 10 mins late for Barcelona freakin B - because they're shut up shop right on KO...

Mr Angry has written to them to find out what is going on.

Will keep you posted if I get a reply before Chrimbo.
Got an initial response...

The ‘Print at Home’ facility is still something we push quite extensively to our supporters who as you say want to avoid lengthy queuing times. However, this is only available if you book your tickets online and select the ‘Print at Home’ option as the delivery method. If you book over the phone with Ticketmaster close to the day of the game, and we can’t post them to you, they will be left here for you to collect on the night.

Sent a mail back saying great, but it's not on the form as an option when you're buying them!
Having spoken to our Ticketing Administrator I can confirm that the ‘Print at Home’ option has indeed been taken down from our e-ticketing site. This is due, in part to the fact the company ‘Ticketfast’ were advertising us in the Barclays Premier League, which we are of course now not a member of. Also they are doing some necessary software upgrades to this facility.

We are hoping to get this service up and running for the Crystal Palace game. Which means we can’t offer this option for the Nottingham Forest or Watford games. We do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused

Knew it'd be Coyle's fault.

Coyle out.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 pm

So how difficult is it to make this common knowledge via the local rag?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:So how difficult is it to make this common knowledge via the local rag?
You'd think they could make it plain on the site itself. They still have a link on there to show you the "benefits" of printing at home and how to do it, prompting you to pick "print at home"..

That's part of why I ended up late for the Barca B game - I was last minute, then spent 15 minutes trying to work out what I was doing wrong to print at home...

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:Im certain extended highlights of that 4-3 are on Youtube, cant link you to it though because of my work's draconian internet privacy laws!
Had a brief search for it, but there's only so much a man can take before he starts screaming STOP UPLOADING GOALS FROM COMPUTER GAMES YOU PATHETIC TWUNTS NOBODY GIVES A RAT'S ASS and his children back nervously away from him.

Ah I went to the link Ive seen it on before and it turns out its been removed for copyright reasons

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Gartside will still collect his £400k bonus - no matter what a shambles the club is!
Troll and proud of it.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Nice one Worthy. I did tweet Garty about it but the ignorant get just ignored me.
I mean, what else could he possibly have on that's more important than sorting out my ticketing problems?
Businesswoman of the year.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I've got that game on video. David Lee scored 2 didn't he, and Ju Ju Ju Darby played centre half? I have nearly all of them from that era. Which is quite sad, as its among a memrobilia collection that now fills a container the size of a coffin (really not kidding). I could do with selling it really, it takes up too much space. Anyone any ideas how one might do such a thing?
I've got a box full of em in the loft & didn't know what to do with em. Any road I've just bought one of these converter things so I can transfer them to my pc and then burn em onto DvD. That's the theory but technology & I have never been the best of mates..
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Best of luck with that. My good fortune is that my lateral-thinking dad bought 3 video players from a car boot for about a fiver, so he, and (I'm hoping) I need never concern ourselves with the modern world. Ignorance is bliss.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.