Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bish my fear is that like Todd, Coyle doesn't know how to make a team more solid, and his belief is all about players who can play rather than those that stop the other team.

yes - I know what your fears are. but I still don't see what the point of pretending there has only been one target is - when you know full well that is not the case.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Riviman wrote:Zat Knight urging Coyle to approach Reo-Cocker with a deal :

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... rn_ticket/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interesting ... we have Knight saying this. Bogdan deciding to start throwing the ball out instead of kicking it & CYL pleading for tactics of 'keep the ball on the ground'.

Do we feel the stirrings of players taking over a bit ? The famous "losing the dressing room" moment.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bish my fear is that like Todd, Coyle doesn't know how to make a team more solid, and his belief is all about players who can play rather than those that stop the other team.

yes - I know what your fears are. but I still don't see what the point of pretending there has only been one target is - when you know full well that is not the case.
Anyway Bish, I'm relying on you to bring us the latest info from the inner circle this deadline week! Don't want to distract you..... :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Anyway Bish, I'm relying on you to bring us the latest info from the inner circle this deadline week! Don't want to distract you..... :wink:
Luke Stones ‏@luke_bwfc
@reluctantnicko Heard a rumour Jay Spearing will be a done deal tomorrow Alan, any truth?

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko
@luke_bwfc Mirror. Later.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 pm

and...

Chris Jarvis ‏@gemchris1977
@reluctantnicko i assume we are not getting spearing now based on the new interest or has that changed

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko
@gemchris1977 There's a rival. Down to the famous Coyle charm now. But it's now a battle.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks Bish. Wonder who is next on the list if Spearing doesn't fall for 'Coyles charm'....... :shock:

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Thanks Bish. Wonder who is next on the list if Spearing doesn't fall for 'Coyles charm'....... :shock:
We need to get a bid accepted first before we can talk to Mr Spearing, these shitty bids of 1.5m spread over 5years are not going to get looked at by Rodgers.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Thanks Bish. Wonder who is next on the list if Spearing doesn't fall for 'Coyles charm'....... :shock:
We need to get a bid accepted first before we can talk to Mr Spearing, these shitty bids of 1.5m spread over 5years are not going to get looked at by Rodgers.
I thought it was a loan?

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
I thought it was a loan?
Liverpool want 3m for Spearing, they want to sell him instead, its took us a week to bid 1.5m now another club has come in for him. Liverpool are trying to sell Adam to everton aswell so that they can free up funds to buy Dempsey from Fulham.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
I thought it was a loan?
Liverpool want 3m for Spearing, they want to sell him instead, its took us a week to bid 1.5m now another club has come in for him. Liverpool are trying to sell Adam to everton aswell so that they can free up funds to buy Dempsey from Fulham.
Ah I see. I'd read they wanted money for him, but thought that was the hold up that we were still pursuing a loan!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:28 pm

The Oracle says that Zat is pushing for NRC to come back but that it will definitely not happen
Pfffft.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 pm

TKIZ! wrote:The Oracle says that Zat is pushing for NRC to come back but that it will definitely not happen
Because Coyle doesn't want him, or NRC doesn't want to come back?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm not really sure HP, my understanding of it would be that OC offered him a new contract on reduced terms. NRC asked for his release clause to take effect and has not received any offers and would now like to possible come back. In the mean time Coyle has identified Sanchez and Spearing as viable replacements
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:56 pm

NRC's contract had a release clause which allowed him to be let go if we were relegated. Whether or not his contract also stipulated a new salary if we went down & he came with us, we simply don't know.

We did what we were allowed to & he did what he was allowed to.

I really see nothing wrong with any of it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:58 pm

I thought the clause was that he was allowed to join a Premiership team if we got relegated for free? And Coyle offered his release to save any faffing around?
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 pm

"could leave" I understood.

He did.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Before he locked his tweets I remember Nixon had said that NRC had 'burned his bridges' at Bolton with Coyle.

Think that answers that one!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 pm

I suspect, bobo, that you are far closer to the mundane truth than is acceptable to a salacious headline world. Man has release clause. Coyle says "what do you reckon Nigel?" He probably replies "If its all the same to you, I'm going to try my luck in the Prem, you know money/short career and that". "Fair enough Nige".

I mean, why the f*ck would Knight be urging us to re-sign him if there was the supposed "spat"? It doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I suspect, bobo, that you are far closer to the mundane truth than is acceptable to a salacious headline world. Man has release clause. Coyle says "what do you reckon Nigel?" He probably replies "If its all the same to you, I'm going to try my luck in the Prem, you know money/short career and that". "Fair enough Nige".

I mean, why the f*ck would Knight be urging us to re-sign him if there was the supposed "spat"? It doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.
Why does there have to be a spat? Why can't it just be that Coyle doesn't want to take someone who walked out a few hours after relegation?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I suspect, bobo, that you are far closer to the mundane truth than is acceptable to a salacious headline world. Man has release clause. Coyle says "what do you reckon Nigel?" He probably replies "If its all the same to you, I'm going to try my luck in the Prem, you know money/short career and that". "Fair enough Nige".

Why does there have to be a spat? Why can't it just be that Coyle doesn't want to take someone who walked out a few hours after relegation?

'burned his bridges' suggests more than a mutual termination of contract.