Spearing £3Mil

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Spearing £3Mil

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Athers wrote:Lucas Leiva injured for "between 2 to 3 months" so with Adam seemingly for sale I wonder if this could mean they want to hold onto Spearing.
I was thinking that myself. Sure, Spearing isn't a starter for Liverpool but he's not a terrible choice as a sub or for second tier games. Whoever has replaced Lucas will need cover themselves, which is surely provided by Spearing.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:41 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
Athers wrote:Lucas Leiva injured for "between 2 to 3 months" so with Adam seemingly for sale I wonder if this could mean they want to hold onto Spearing.
I was thinking that myself. Sure, Spearing isn't a starter for Liverpool but he's not a terrible choice as a sub or for second tier games. Whoever has replaced Lucas will need cover themselves, which is surely provided by Spearing.
So who's the next target? Dont think trhe adam thing is a factor cos theyre hardly like for like but Lucas is a grafting watercarrier much like spearing so unless they have cover it may change things a bit.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh dear...things really aren't going well for Mr Coyle are they.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 pm

@DJmattmutton Tryng for Spearing. QPR come in. But still got a good chance. Boy seems pro Bolton.
Pfffft.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Dont QPR have some top 4 star of 2006 to blow 10 million on instead?

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:38 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
Don't forget Liverpool have just signed Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid so Spearing is at the bottom of the pile.

Heard that Sammy Lee is doing his best to convince Spearing to sign for us he knows all about him from when he was younger coming through the ranks at Liverpool.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Will never be a top flight footballer as long as he's got a hole in his arse. If you dodge a bullet because he chooses a Prem team on loan then consider yourselves incredibly lucky. Shouldn't be anywhere near our first team, or the first team of anyone in the Prem really.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:46 pm

blurred wrote:Will never be a top flight footballer as long as he's got a hole in his arse. If you dodge a bullet because he chooses a Prem team on loan then consider yourselves incredibly lucky. Shouldn't be anywhere near our first team, or the first team of anyone in the Prem really.

But he wouldn't be. :(

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:49 am

blurred wrote:Will never be a top flight footballer as long as he's got a hole in his arse. If you dodge a bullet because he chooses a Prem team on loan then consider yourselves incredibly lucky. Shouldn't be anywhere near our first team, or the first team of anyone in the Prem really.
Yeah, but he'll do a cracking job for us next season in League One, no?
Businesswoman of the year.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Does he have any particularly redeeming features? All I hear is that he runs a lot. In that case surely we'd be better getting Mo Farah.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Not convinced Spearing is that good to be honest. £6M is a lot to spend on him and Matt Mills, two players we really wanted to take on loan.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:20 pm

BL3 wrote:Not convinced Spearing is that good to be honest. £6M is a lot to spend on him and Matt Mills, two players we really wanted to take on loan.
am not yet convinced we are spending £3mill on Spearing...

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Spearing signing according to the Oracle
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

leonidas
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by leonidas » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Spearing has joined us on loan apparently.

http://www.footytwits.com/en/inglaterra/bolton_154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:13 pm

It's a "Sky Sports Understands" thing. One step up from a "Sky Sources:" but not yet reason to open the bunting drawer.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:14 pm

DSB understands it's a loan until January. At which point Liverpool will demand 1437% APR.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Im hearing a loan until January with an option to buy if were promoted

by no means the permenant deal we wanted but thank god we've actually got someone

knobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by knobby » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Jez wrote:Im hearing a loan until January with an option to buy if were promoted

by no means the permenant deal we wanted but thank god we've actually got someone
We won't be promoted by January !
There’s a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Jez wrote:Im hearing a loan until January with an option to buy if were promoted

eh?? surely the best of all worlds!! people DIDN'T want us to spunk £3mill on him... I'm sure BWFCi will be along in a moment to applaud the club for not panicking and throwing the cash - and instead getting the very deal they wanted...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:28 pm

thebish wrote:

eh?? surely the best of all worlds!! people DIDN'T want us to spunk £3mill on him... I'm sure BWFCi will be along in a moment to applaud the club for not panicking and throwing the cash - and instead getting the very deal they wanted...

How sure?