'Ull V Bolton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Re: 'Ull V Bolton

Post by HMX » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Aye. Clear off, Coyle.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Full time.
3-1.
Nice.
Businesswoman of the year.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Embarrassment, absolute embarrassment
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:53 pm

OWEN COYLE OUT!!!
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:54 pm

He aint going anywhere this side of Christmas. Its a long hard slog I'm afraid to say.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Can't wait for the old "We conceded 2 sloppy goals and it's cost us" line

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Hopefully he'll turn it around. But hey we've been saying that ever since the FA Cup Semi Final.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:He aint going anywhere this side of Christmas. Its a long hard slog I'm afraid to say.
We'll see!
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Will be interesting to see what those who got there have to say. Didnt sound like mavis had any impact inspite of being in his ideal role.Defensively we sound pretty shocking. Not so much from people strolling through the middle today but just completely incapable of dealing with crosses. Got to wonder why Mills didnt play if the key Hull threat is in the air.

True to the great Bolton traditions tho we've managed to make a team that suffer stage fright look like a team capable of pissing goals at will.

marvelous.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Mar wrote:Hopefully he'll turn it around. But hey we've been saying that ever since the FA Cup Semi Final.
The only thing he needs to turn around is his car on the way to work, And feck off back where he came from.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Its clear none of the players have any desire to play and i'm guessing its down to the management of the team, Coyle needs to go we need a manage who can motivate a team and doesn't take any less then 100% and won't beat around the bush if we play badly...
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:02 pm

DJBlu wrote:Can't wait for the old "We conceded 2 sloppy goals and it's cost us" line
No if we'd taken our chances we'd have won that one.......I suppose it will be a question of who he picks out to blame,I suspect changes will be threatened and next week different bodies to the same effect.

When can we sign players then?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
DJBlu wrote:Can't wait for the old "We conceded 2 sloppy goals and it's cost us" line
No if we'd taken our chances we'd have won that one.......I suppose it will be a question of who he picks out to blame,I suspect changes will be threatened and next week different bodies to the same effect.

Please god no i can't take anymore
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Will be interesting to see what those who got there have to say. Didnt sound like mavis had any impact inspite of being in his ideal role.Defensively we sound pretty shocking. Not so much from people strolling through the middle today but just completely incapable of dealing with crosses. Got to wonder why Mills didnt play if the key Hull threat is in the air.

True to the great Bolton traditions tho we've managed to make a team that suffer stage fright look like a team capable of pissing goals at will.

marvelous.

The players don't look like wanting the ball as much as they should. We needed someone like Kevin Nolan to turn round to the team and start fighting with them, giving them a kick up the ass when they're half assing it. Someone who genuinely gives a shit about the club (not just the manager) that can get the players going again. It's not just the manager. The players aren't doing as well as they should and even if the system isn't working we should at least be seeing the effort. We're not getting the effort.

From the looks of it another manager will come in and overhaul the players that aren't showing the fight.

At the minute it seems the players don't want to fight. If they're not yelling at each other for defensive fkups and not yelling at each other for lack of options then we have a team thats just resigned to a relegation fight.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:05 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:

It's just you know when someone else comes in are they tied to going with what we have or will they be able to bring a couple in on loan? I'm trying to be positive.I dont want coyle to sign anymore.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:07 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:

It's just you know when someone else comes in are they tied to going with what we have or will they be able to bring a couple in on loan? I'm trying to be positive.I dont want coyle to sign anymore.

Phew!! thank fvck for that
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Mar wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Will be interesting to see what those who got there have to say. Didnt sound like mavis had any impact inspite of being in his ideal role.Defensively we sound pretty shocking. Not so much from people strolling through the middle today but just completely incapable of dealing with crosses. Got to wonder why Mills didnt play if the key Hull threat is in the air.

marvelous.

The players don't look like wanting the ball as much as they should. We needed someone like Kevin Nolan to turn round to the team and start fighting with them, giving them a kick up the ass when they're half assing it. Someone who genuinely gives a shit about the club (not just the manager) that can get the players going again. It's not just the manager. The players aren't doing as well as they should and even if the system isn't working we should at least be seeing the effort. We're not getting the effort.

From the looks of it another manager will come in and overhaul the players that aren't showing the fight.

At the minute it seems the players don't want to fight. If they're not yelling at each other for defensive fkups and not yelling at each other for lack of options then we have a team thats just resigned to a relegation fight.
Yes but then I guess they keep hearing the same cracked record week after week from captain clueless who I assume is a laughing stock. Wish we'd got warnock in over the summer.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Feck me it's hard work being a Wanderer at times.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:Its clear none of the players have any desire to play and i'm guessing its down to the management of the team, Coyle needs to go we need a manage who can motivate a team and doesn't take any less then 100% and won't beat around the bush if we play badly...
I would think that's right. To me it looks like he has lost the dressing room. In such circumstances the club will realise fairly quickly that he and some of his team cannot be allowed to stay on as there will be absolutely no improvement possible while he remains.

My preferred option for a replacement would be a young reasonably successful manager from a lower division together with a wise, older guy who knows the ropes. Bruce Rioch could well be the right sort of person to bring in to act as the wise head/sounding board, perhaps given the title of Director of Football rather than assistant manager.

No more ex players though, please.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:I agree there's no reason he shouldn't be involved.

The only way the team will be set up properly is if he's the deepest midfielder in a central 3. With Andrews and M. Davies in front of him.
Well, what the fvck do I know.. Coyle Out.

Is the Bedsheet & Pitchfork shop still open at this time?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"