owen out 2012/2013

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: owen out 2012/2013

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:41 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Positions like the one we're currently in are very hard for a manager to recover from. A poor year, relegation and then a poor start is going to knock the stuffing out of any team and, sadly, that's what has happened to us. I wanted to see how we started, keeping optimistic that we'd get off to a strong start but that simply hasn't come. We can not, under any circumstances, be losing 3-1 to Hull. It's unacceptable. The scoreline isn't so bad and I don't mean to diminish Hull but the problem is how we are actually performing. Not threatening enough up front, too easy to get through at the back.

Morale plays a big part in these things but it's at that point where you doubt our morale will ever recover against whilst Coyle is in charge. We needed a boost, such as a good couple of wins against Burnley and Derby or maybe a big signing in the transfer window but that simply hasn't happened. We're playing badly, the mood is down around the club and with the fans and I just don't see how anything will change unless Coyle is removed.

I'll give him one more full game in charge. If we lose or underperform yet again, he should do the right thing and quit.
He's had 18 months for fvck sake!!!

Get him out now
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:45 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:Positions like the one we're currently in are very hard for a manager to recover from. A poor year, relegation and then a poor start is going to knock the stuffing out of any team and, sadly, that's what has happened to us. I wanted to see how we started, keeping optimistic that we'd get off to a strong start but that simply hasn't come. We can not, under any circumstances, be losing 3-1 to Hull. It's unacceptable. The scoreline isn't so bad and I don't mean to diminish Hull but the problem is how we are actually performing. Not threatening enough up front, too easy to get through at the back.

Morale plays a big part in these things but it's at that point where you doubt our morale will ever recover against whilst Coyle is in charge. We needed a boost, such as a good couple of wins against Burnley and Derby or maybe a big signing in the transfer window but that simply hasn't happened. We're playing badly, the mood is down around the club and with the fans and I just don't see how anything will change unless Coyle is removed.

I'll give him one more full game in charge. If we lose or underperform yet again, he should do the right thing and quit.
He's had 18 months for fvck sake!!!

Get him out now
He's had 4 games.He's just made a signing. They will give him 10 games,can't see him turning it round though.As he said you need to score goals and not concede then you win. Problem is we still dont look like scoring many and we always look like conceding. I guess a scrapper from Liverpool is not likely to change that.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Jay Spearing really hasn't had the time to settle with the squad so that won't help solidify things. Trouble is even with Spearing we can't keep hold of the ball and the rest of the team don't seem like they want it. Back to basics I hope.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:54 pm

He's got to go. No more 'just one more game' bullshit. He should have gone last November, we held on to him because of the 'It'll be reet' mentality and look where it's got us. We are shite, the performances are poor, good players are playing badly and are clearly not motivated. We've spent a lot of money on Championship quality players and it's exactly where we've ended up.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Whookam wrote:the performances are poor, good players are playing badly and are clearly not motivated. We've spent a lot of money on Championship quality players and it's exactly where we've ended up.
Agree with this. It's cringeworthy.

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Whookam wrote:He's got to go. No more 'just one more game' bullshit. He should have gone last November, we held on to him because of the 'It'll be reet' mentality and look where it's got us. We are shite, the performances are poor, good players are playing badly and are clearly not motivated. We've spent a lot of money on Championship quality players and it's exactly where we've ended up.
+1

much as i like Coyle he's gota go. Today has plumbed new depths...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:58 pm

tripod wrote:
Whookam wrote:He's got to go. No more 'just one more game' bullshit. He should have gone last November, we held on to him because of the 'It'll be reet' mentality and look where it's got us. We are shite, the performances are poor, good players are playing badly and are clearly not motivated. We've spent a lot of money on Championship quality players and it's exactly where we've ended up.
+1

much as i like Coyle he's gota go. Today has plumbed new depths...

I did even up till a couple of weeks ago

But now i can't stand him fvcked of with the same old BULLSHIT that comes out of his fvcking mouth

Get him out
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:59 pm

alan curbishley's entire family in !!

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Gartside has said that we have to come straight back up, so the longer he leaves it sacking Coyle the less chance we have of coming back up.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:03 pm

He needs to feck off
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:05 pm

even Gartside's gota admit this ain't working. Coyle is a fcuking clueless, inept cnut

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 pm

tripod wrote:even Gartside's gota admit this ain't working. Coyle is a fcuking clueless, inept cnut
I'd imagine at the very least he is now stroking his chin in a contemplative manner.

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:15 pm

sadly i have to agree with this thread now, his signing have been honestly shite , his formations and tactics seem to be from 30 years ago, his nonesense is just the same old crap hes been saying since he joined us.

seriously not content with relegating us in an attempt to make us play his terrible style of football hes all but ruining our chances of automatic promotion WERE AWFULL UNDER COYLE.

time to make the whos replacing coyle thread instead of reasons to be negative about lets be positive and figure out who will lead us on

fingers crossed big sam gets the sack from spam and somehow decides to return to us other than that i seriously dont know myself we need a defensive manager thats all i know - dont concede = ypou gain points everything else is a bonus

n035209
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by n035209 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:17 pm

I agree with the Coyle out, but I don't want mccarthy, who else is there bloody dowie and don't suggest curbishley as he's been favorite for almost all management jobs and he's not interested.

Tell me some options?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:19 pm

n035209 wrote:I agree with the Coyle out, but I don't want mccarthy, who else is there bloody dowie and don't suggest curbishley as he's been favorite for almost all management jobs and he's not interested.

Tell me some options?
Di Canio

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:19 pm

The only reasonable shout I heard in the last 6 months was Dave Jones by DSB. Sadly now of the Parish of Owlerton.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Shanghai Shenhua have apparently released Anelka & Drogba.
There's our next player-manager and player-coach right there.
Businesswoman of the year.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:36 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
n035209 wrote:I agree with the Coyle out, but I don't want mccarthy, who else is there bloody dowie and don't suggest curbishley as he's been favorite for almost all management jobs and he's not interested.

Tell me some options?
Di Canio
Gary Neville, Mick McCarthy, Campo??

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Is he still fooking here?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Tell me some options?
I'd want someone young, not a proven failure like McCarty, Dowie, Brown and those lot. We aren't in a position to get a top manager, so we have a choice - either someone unproven or someone experienced. Most of the experienced managers available, bar Redknapp, have failed at the same level Coyle has and we don't need a like for like replacement, we need improvement.

Maybe the Burnley manager, Eddie Howe? He did well at Bournemouth and is doing good at Burnley too. Di Canio? Maybe even a long shot at a guy like Gary Neville? Gus Poyet? Dougie Freedman? Just someone who could potentially be a top manager in the Premier League.