owen out 2012/2013

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: owen out 2012/2013

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Tweet from Gartside last night....

Absolutely gutted for our fantastic support. You deserve much better.
So far not good enough.
I imagine there will have been a discussion and assuming coyle wants to carry on gartside will have a deadline set (even if not stated) and will be quietly seeing what is available.

"So far" does imply there is still some belief coyle can turn it round.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:40 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Tweet from Gartside last night....

Absolutely gutted for our fantastic support. You deserve much better.
So far not good enough.
I imagine there will have been a discussion and assuming coyle wants to carry on gartside will have a deadline set (even if not stated) and will be quietly seeing what is available.

"So far" does imply there is still some belief coyle can turn it round.
To me once your chairman starts tweeting stuff like that, the manager is fooked sooner or later. It's essentially a vote of no confidence. Equally IF Coyle had any real future I'd expect a tweet from him asking for more time.....which he hasnt!

Frustrating thing is we've waited far far too long already. Now Is a good time with an international break.

Get on with it!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 am

Has he gone yet
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 am

Whelan did something similar last year with Martinez didn't he?

Hopefully we get the same response.

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 am

LufbraCraig wrote:4 games guys... grow up. In my eyes it's only acceptable to start saying things like this if you can suggest a likely replacement. The only half decent suggestion I've seen on this forum is Billy Davies. I really like him but to be calling for Owen's head so soon is embarrassing.

The way I see it is that under 18 months ago, we were in the top 10 of the premier league and getting to the semi finals of the FA Cup. We had horrendous luck in terms of what happened to Holden, Chungy and Muamba amongst other things, and due to our financial position (which is out of Owen's hands) we are not able to bring in quality replacements. We subsequently went down after admittedly very average play, but also suffering poor refereeing decisions throughout the year - none more so than the two ridiculous decisions at Stoke on the final day. So we went down. And Bolton fans need to adjust.
Owen Coyle is totally responsible for the position that this football club finds itself in. He has bought mediocre players and let better ones go. During his tenure his resource and spend has not been much different to those of Norwich, Wigan, Swansea, Blackpool, Reading and Soton, in fact one could say his starting point was infinately better than the managers of those clubs.

The team that got to the semi and played so well in the Newcastle 5-0 only contained one OC signing.

He fell out with Muamba before his heart attack and either would not play him of kept subbing him at crucial moments in important games.

The performance at Stoke was abysmal, Owens side gave up against a side on the beach.

its not just the last 4 league games, its the abysmal performances in the last 18 months.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:00 am

Loyal White wrote:Whelan did something similar last year with Martinez didn't he?

Hopefully we get the same response.

No he didn't.
He went a step further and questioned team selection & then performance.
Their relationship is a whole lot different to that of Crook & Captain Clueless, though.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 am

As I said yesterday, it felt like a tipping point. I've only ever seen our fans like that once before, and that was against Hull too. There has been anti-Coyle stuff for a while, but there's always been an opposition. Yesterday was comprised of a large, loud, consistent anti-Coyle group, chanting 'time to go', joining in with the Hull fans' 'Getting sacked in the morning' and really, really getting on the players backs. Everybody else who wasn't joining in (myself included, I'm not going to boo our own players while they are still out there playing, even if they are spineless shithouses, that can wait till the end) was sat on their hands. There was no opposition to it. I stayed till the end, and it wasn't pretty. Coyle didn't come over, most of the players kinda wandered over. They all got a lot of stick. Sam Ricketts looked f*cked. Spearing came right over and he got applause, then as he went away and the rest started going down the tunnel in went nasty again.

In fairness, and whilst I do think a not insignificant part of our following are knuckle-dragging cave dwellers (loudest chant of the day was for 'Fat Frank'), I don't blame folk who were getting on his back. Not in the slightest. £27 to watch Bastard Hull (if you could no longer pull off under 22)! £40 return train/£50 in petrol. Having to go to fecking Hull! And after all that, to watch a team of cowards with no confidence, no ambition roll over.

Somebody nailed it on the other thread about there being too many being happy to go down and whinge that they don't get the freekick. Boggers and Ream especially yesterday, but others (including our beloved captain). Beaten mentality. Even when he doesn't pick mental teams.

On the one hand, I'd not be surprised if he got even more time, that appears to be how we do. But, assuming Gartside was there, I'd not be surprised if we went either.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:33 am

that tweet gives me confidence the deed will be done sooner or later. at the end of the day gartside got rid of megson in circumstances not as bad as this and mainly because the situation with the fans made his position untenable. and they were pals.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:41 am

LufbraCraig wrote:
Eborted wrote:
LufbraCraig wrote:4 games guys... grow up. In my eyes it's only acceptable to start saying things like this if you can suggest a likely replacement. The only half decent suggestion I've seen on this forum is Billy Davies. I really like him but to be calling for Owen's head so soon is embarrassing.

The way I see it is that under 18 months ago, we were in the top 10 of the premier league and getting to the semi finals of the FA Cup. We had horrendous luck in terms of what happened to Holden, Chungy and Muamba amongst other things, and due to our financial position (which is out of Owen's hands) we are not able to bring in quality replacements. We subsequently went down after admittedly very average play, but also suffering poor refereeing decisions throughout the year - none more so than the two ridiculous decisions at Stoke on the final day. So we went down. And Bolton fans need to adjust.
n035209 wrote:If take Eddie howe, for the simple reason that it would really be appreciated buy our local neighbours. It would be carnage.

... I think the players fans came into the league thinking they had won it already...
This is a very tough league and we shouldn't assume that just because we have been in the Premier League for so long that we have a divine right to go back up. We will lose games at places like Hull and Peterborough. All I want to see is some improvement at the back and for the players to have a real go if we are struggling. I have faith that we'll turn it around and reach at least the Play-Offs and that Coyle can take us there.

But it will not happen if fans continue to have such a poor attitude in their so-called "support" of the club. I hate the fact that whenever I go to the Reebok there's always loads of muppets booing and moaning. As though their negativity is going to have a positive effect on what happens on the pitch.

I think you need to grow up mate if your gonna suggest that poor refereeing decisions led to our downfall. You actually have the fecking nerve to sing from that sheet? In fact it was poor refereeing decisions that nearly helped us stay up. The phantom QPR goal? The penalties Blackburn should have been given at Ewood after Robbos lunge and the one at the bok after Steinsson tripped someone up? Also to a lesser extent the dubious penalty Sparky won at Wolves which helped change the tide of the game. Speaking of changing the tide of a game the first awful decision at Stoke actually got our arses into gear cos we were shit before it's all swings and roundabouts.

Why the Hell are people treating this like Coyle has just come into the job? It's not four games, the club has been in freefall since April 2011! Thats 15 out of your 18 months accounted for. I'm sick and tired of people like you trying to make me feel like I'm not a fan because I want Coyle out and if any of you actually called for Megson's head you're just the worst!!!! Every club has injuries. Hell he wasn't even playing Muamba (by far our most effective player of the 11-12 season for the little amount he played for) when everything happened and that should have given us heart to fight on motivation wise. He knew we would be without Chungy and Holden for most of the season so again it's not a valid excuse.

If we play shit I'm gonna boo! I'm not gonna let the team think they've put in a satisfactory performance when they haven't. I don't give a feck about being positive the game's over that won't do grow a fecking pair and come back better. If every fan was like you every shit manager would keep their job for life. I personally didn't boo at Forest but I understand the mentality of those who did they've watched the man drag us into the doldrums. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Coyle succeed and him proving me wrong. I don't see it but I love this club! I don't want to shroud the club in negativity and I would never support anything like Steve Kean proportions but I'm not gonna stand by and watch us slip and slide and not let my feelings be known.
Fair response. I have accepted we were shit last season, but who do you think should come in? And what would you do if you were Coyle? I'm not Coyle's biggest fan myself and never will be, but I'm not comfortable with the hostile way of going about getting a manager out when there are no better alternatives sitting in waiting.
I'd go as far as suggesting your Coyles lad, the one of the tweets 'there are reasons for everything' then refuses to elaborate. A mini cock!

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mitch » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 am

In spite of the bloody awful experience last year I was really optimistic about this season. I felt that it was a chance for a fresh start - new beginnings. Not so, it's more of the same.
So for me now it's time for a proper fresh start, real new beginnings and the only way I can see that happening is if Coyle does the honourable thing and steps down.
It really cannot get much worse can it? The poor runs we've had it the past were always tempered with the belief that they would end, not so for me this time. This is who and what we are, something has to change or my beloved club is just going to sink further :cry:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:14 pm

mrpiccollo wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:LM (hard choice of who to play here but personally would play wylde petrov mark davies eagles or josh vela for a different style of buildup play )
:shock:
i put some thought into a post give lots of info on my oppinion and all you do as a reply is a smilie :whack:
It was half two in the morning and I couldn't be arsed going all the way through your half baked Championship Manager back-three lunacy

Just thought I'd point out the most obvious thing - that you want to play wingbacks but for one of those two positions you have no clear idea, naming Mark F&cking Davies and a bloke who's ruptured his knee ligaments

:Jedi:

:D

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 pm

benn wrote:Owen Coyle is totally responsible for the position that this football club finds itself in.
No he isn't.
benn wrote:He has bought mediocre players and let better ones go.
We have one of the best if not the best squad in the division. He had no choice but to release the likes of Elmander, Al Habsi, Taylor, Cahill, Sturridge, Wilshere, etc.
benn wrote:During his tenure his resource and spend has not been much different to those of Norwich, Wigan, Swansea, Blackpool, Reading and Soton, in fact one could say his starting point was infinately better than the managers of those clubs.
Most of those teams were/are in the lower leagues. If we spent the same amount as them despite the fact that we were in the Premier League, i'd say that deserves praise rather than criticism. As for his starting point being 'infinately better', he's been given the task of reducing the wage bill, offloading the high earners and bringing in players for the money we raise through sales. I'm not sure how that makes his job any easier.

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 pm

BL3 wrote:
benn wrote:Owen Coyle is totally responsible for the position that this football club finds itself in.
No he isn't.
benn wrote:He has bought mediocre players and let better ones go.
We have one of the best if not the best squad in the division. He had no choice but to release the likes of Elmander, Al Habsi, Taylor, Cahill, Sturridge, Wilshere, etc.
benn wrote:During his tenure his resource and spend has not been much different to those of Norwich, Wigan, Swansea, Blackpool, Reading and Soton, in fact one could say his starting point was infinately better than the managers of those clubs.
Most of those teams were/are in the lower leagues. If we spent the same amount as them despite the fact that we were in the Premier League, i'd say that deserves praise rather than criticism. As for his starting point being 'infinately better', he's been given the task of reducing the wage bill, offloading the high earners and bringing in players for the money we raise through sales. I'm not sure how that makes his job any easier.
Sorry but he bought the players and he decides on the pattern of play so he is responsible.

On what basis do you think that this is the best squad in the division? I keep reading this on the many forums but have yet to see any evidence on the football pitch.

We were in the Premier league and our income dwarfed that of those other clubs, yet their managers where able to bring in better players at the same or lower cost and more importantly turned them into better teams than us.

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:04 pm

We have one of the best if not the best squad in the division.
I keep hearing / reading this... but I just don't get it !

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:11 pm

benn wrote:Sorry but he bought the players and he decides on the pattern of play so he is responsible.
That's not the entire reason we are were we are.
benn wrote:On what basis do you think that this is the best squad in the division? I keep reading this on the many forums but have yet to see any evidence on the football pitch.
I wouldn't have thought that there were many, if any, managers in the Championship who wouldn't want the likes of Wheater, Lee, Petrov, Davies, Eagles, N'gog, Sordell, Holden, etc and even experienced pros like Andrews, Knight, Ricketts in their squads.
benn wrote:We were in the Premier league and our income dwarfed that of those other clubs, yet their managers where able to bring in better players at the same or lower cost and more importantly turned them into better teams than us.
Our net spend isn't much higher than the clubs previously quoted. In some cases it's lower.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm

BL3 wrote:
benn wrote:Sorry but he bought the players and he decides on the pattern of play so he is responsible.
That's not the entire reason we are were we are. Go on then enlighten us
benn wrote:On what basis do you think that this is the best squad in the division? I keep reading this on the many forums but have yet to see any evidence on the football pitch.
I wouldn't have thought that there were many, if any, managers in the Championship who wouldn't want the likes of Wheater, Lee, Petrov, Davies, Eagles, N'gog, Sordell, Holden, etc and even experienced pros like Andrews, Knight, Ricketts in their squads. And quite right too i would imagine most teams would want our players because a few are decent but coyle still can't get them to play can he
benn wrote:We were in the Premier league and our income dwarfed that of those other clubs, yet their managers where able to bring in better players at the same or lower cost and more importantly turned them into better teams than us.
Our net spend isn't much higher than the clubs previously quoted. In some cases it's lower.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Let's get this straight. The ONLY reason we are where we are is because of Owen Coyle. This is his squad, his staff, his tactics. His "Mr Motivator" spell wore off at Wembley, just like it did at Burnley when they got into the Premier League. We have been unlucky with injuries, yes, but the squad we had available to use was good enough to;

1) Have finished about 8 places higher 2010/2011.

2) Have stayed up last year.

Coyle has had plenty of chances to turn this slump around. He. Is. Not. Capable.

He makes poor (at best) and abysmal (at worst) decisions. He cannot set a team up. He has no comprehension of the phrase "get back to basics". He has no idea how to drill a team at set pieces, nor how to set up a midfield so that it protects the back four as well as support the attack. He is completely ignorant of the defensive side of the game, and it's becoming increasingly obvious that he's just as blind when it comes to the attacking side. He plays 442 consistently, regardless of previous success or failure. And even when he doesn't, his other failures ensure that any other formation he plays is nullified. He is the exemplar of Einstein's definition of insanity.

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Let's get this straight. The ONLY reason we are where we are is because of Owen Coyle. This is his squad, his staff, his tactics. His "Mr Motivator" spell wore off at Wembley, just like it did at Burnley when they got into the Premier League. We have been unlucky with injuries, yes, but the squad we had available to use was good enough to;

1) Have finished about 8 places higher 2010/2011.

2) Have stayed up last year.

Coyle has had plenty of chances to turn this slump around. He. Is. Not. Capable.

He makes poor (at best) and abysmal (at worst) decisions. He cannot set a team up. He has no comprehension of the phrase "get back to basics". He has no idea how to drill a team at set pieces, nor how to set up a midfield so that it protects the back four as well as support the attack. He is completely ignorant of the defensive side of the game, and it's becoming increasingly obvious that he's just as blind when it comes to the attacking side. He plays 442 consistently, regardless of previous success or failure. And even when he doesn't, his other failures ensure that any other formation he plays is nullified. He is the exemplar of Einstein's definition of insanity.
This! Bang on
West Stand White

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Anyone who can defend Coyle's transfer dealings on the basis he had to reduce costs, is clearly forgetting he spent £6m on 2 substitutes!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:09 pm

and he's a cock Image

Nice Suit.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.