owen out 2012/2013

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: owen out 2012/2013

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:The Andrews quote in the MEN piece is quite telling "We need to get back to basics. The players and the manager" Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but if you didn't have a problem with the boss wouldn't you have just said "as a club"?
I don't think fingertips and a cliff are involved yet - but there is a kind of intangible feeling in the air that the ground is shifting under Coyle's feet... seems that way to me anyway...

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:The Andrews quote in the MEN piece is quite telling "We need to get back to basics. The players and the manager" Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but if you didn't have a problem with the boss wouldn't you have just said "as a club"?
No, If I were Mr Andrews, I'd just keep my mouth shut and do my job, I mean he's one to take advice from, Had a real successful career n that...
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 pm

thebish wrote:
I don't think fingertips and a cliff are involved yet - but there is a kind of intangible feeling in the air that the ground is shifting under Coyle's feet... seems that way to me anyway...
The dynamics changed after the fans reaction on Saturday IMO. Coyle hasn't faced this in his career before.
Usually once you get to this point in the long term, there is no real coming back.

I expect us to beat Watford seeing as Derby just put five past them and they have loaned about 300 reserves from Udinese.

Can't see anything at Sheffield Wednesday.

So probably Coyles future may well rest on the Birmingham game!

Especially if he has to get close to that 2ppg target....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Back to basics? That implies we've been striving for something complicated...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Back to basics? That implies we've been striving for something complicated...
i believe it went well for John Major...

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:06 pm

thebish wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Back to basics? That implies we've been striving for something complicated...
i believe it went well for John Major...
Strange,coyle doesnt sound like he is trying to do anything complicated.If anything his approach seems quite simple in interview."We need to score more and concede less "I think was the jist of the last pearl of wisdom he tossed to the proletariat

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:52 pm

I haven't been happy with Coyle for months. The guy seemingly has no qualms about letting goalscorers like Elmander and Klasnic go and then replacing them with players like Ngog, Sordell and Afobe - one of which, though rather costly, spent 80 minutes on Saturday sitting on the bench whilst Kevin Davies continued to toil. His decisions are maddening. A right-back at left-back even though we have a left-back he purchased - and continues to praise - sat on the bench.

What worries me at present is the inability of our striker's to score goals, especially on a consistent level. Sordell doesn't seem to be the 'proven goalscorer' that Coyle labelled him. Neither am I confident with putting faith in an Arsenal youth in such an important season. It remains to be seen what Ngog can manage at this level but I'm not holding out much hope. Though Klasnic has often been chastised by some sections of Bolton fans - without good reason imo - he at least was a cracking finisher who would score a bagful at this level. Whether he would have signed a new contract or not is speculation but there wasn't even an offer laid on the table - and apparently wouldn't have been had we stayed up.

For the last weeks I've been convinced that the squad is good enough to go up but the manager isn't capable of taking it up. Now I'm even starting to worry that the squad isn't good enough, owing to such abject performances. In this division you have to go on a run at some point, amass a load of points within a stretch of games. We just don't look capable of doing that. Conceding too many and wasting too many at the other end. I do still believe the squad is good enough but that the manager is taking them to the dogs. Out of all this, I am still worried about our striker's getting the goals needed.

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:23 am

Jugs wrote:What worries me at present is the inability of our striker's to score goals, especially on a consistent level. Sordell doesn't seem to be the 'proven goalscorer' that Coyle labelled him. Neither am I confident with putting faith in an Arsenal youth in such an important season. It remains to be seen what Ngog can manage at this level but I'm not holding out much hope. Though Klasnic has often been chastised by some sections of Bolton fans - without good reason imo - he at least was a cracking finisher who would score a bagful at this level. Whether he would have signed a new contract or not is speculation but there wasn't even an offer laid on the table - and apparently wouldn't have been had we stayed up.

For the last weeks I've been convinced that the squad is good enough to go up but the manager isn't capable of taking it up. Now I'm even starting to worry that the squad isn't good enough, owing to such abject performances. In this division you have to go on a run at some point, amass a load of points within a stretch of games. We just don't look capable of doing that. Conceding too many and wasting too many at the other end. I do still believe the squad is good enough but that the manager is taking them to the dogs. Out of all this, I am still worried about our striker's getting the goals needed.
I'd have given one of my kidneys to keep Klasnic around... He might not have been the hardest worker at times, but he could finish (if you don't believe me, ask one of those 17 year old girls...).

I'm sure he could have done some serious damage in this league. The fact that he was just sort of let go boggles my mind. Perhaps he wanted nothing more to do with the club, but I'm sure we could have cut something out with wages, even if it meant Owen couldn't buy a bunch of mediocre shit.

That said, we can go up, but not with Coyle in charge. A f*cking cactus in charge would probably do a better job...

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:36 am

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:57 am

elfil76 wrote:on a side note on di canio...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8 ... Ever-Seen-
Worryingly a reasonable number on here what the dick head as manager :roll:

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:13 am

elfil76 wrote:on a side note on di canio...

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8 ... Ever-Seen-
He obviously never saw Cid play !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote: Worryingly a reasonable number on here what the dick head as manager :roll:
want

screen dyslexia is a very real fake problem

ktb

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Only just seen this page on the official site, surprised this lot have the cheek to show their faces in public:
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/team/staff-profil ... index.aspx
The whole sorry lot should follow OC out of the door, stealing a living (I'd maybe give the doc a second chance.

Sports Rehabilitator? - crocks galore
Head Of Recruitment?? - duffers galore
Fitness Coach??? - out-of-shape galore
Head Of Performance Analysis?!?! - nuff said
:box:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I think you can guarentee it will be sammy lee/jimmy phillips/tony kelly left after a cull. As long as fat kitman goes...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:37 am

See this bloke Jimmy Barrow, fitness coach has a lot said about his past, like feckin' zilch on the offy website. Where did we get him from? Home Bargins :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:50 am

Hoboh wrote:See this bloke Jimmy Barrow, fitness coach has a lot said about his past, like feckin' zilch on the offy website. Where did we get him from? Home Bargins :conf:
They met at an irn bru drinking contest. Then had a game of ping pong. Coyle bet Jimmy he couldn't beat him, but he did, so as part of the deal he offered him a job. Cos Jimmy had mentioned the gym, Owen thought he'd be ideal as fitness coach.

ITK.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:See this bloke Jimmy Barrow, fitness coach has a lot said about his past, like feckin' zilch on the offy website. Where did we get him from? Home Bargins :conf:
They met at an irn bru drinking contest. Then had a game of ping pong. Coyle bet Jimmy he couldn't beat him, but he did, so as part of the deal he offered him a job. Cos Jimmy had mentioned the gym, Owen thought he'd be ideal as fitness coach.
You might be onto something there: appoint people whose names fit the job. In the gym, Jiminho Phillips. Get Ray Train in for training. And, to assist the manager, David Burke.

(Cheap but I couldn't resist it)

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:26 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
You might be onto something there: appoint people whose names fit the job. In the gym, Jiminho Phillips. Get Ray Train in for training. And, to assist the manager, David Burke.
Not much chance of bringing Danny Invincible in then.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:28 am

Well as long as there isn't a job there for Barry Swallow, I'm not bothered.
Businesswoman of the year.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:32 am

Never mind that i'm more worried about Barry Cowdrill...