The Season Starts on Saturday. Watford.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: The Season Starts on Saturday. Watford.

Post by pagey_BWFC » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Ok. So whoever told me I was going to experience every emotion under the sun at my first ever game today you couldn't have been more correct. Blimey I've aged horribly in the last 3 hours!

The first half was great. I haven't seen us dominate set pieces like that since the big Sam days. So why I earth did they want to take bloody quick free kicks all the time?

Spearing was excellent, best on the field by far. He was everywhere and very composed on the ball.

Knight was immense (still got beaten in te air way to often though). He is the most important cog in our back four atm which I never thought I would admit.

N'Gog looked pretty good, I thought and I think he will do very well in this division.

Now onto the bad, or should I just say the second half? Does Coyle read them bed time stories at half time? Dead set we came out asleep! Everyone in the ground knew a goal was coming. Those first 10 minutes of the second half were the worst I have seen... Maybe ever.

What on earth was with the Afobe sub? If it was like for like sure but as soon as he did that Afobe was on the wing most of the time cause bloody Mark Davies would drift in field all the bloody time. We completely lost our shape in te second half and it looked like Coyle told Mavies that we were going 4-5-1 but told the rest of the team we were sticking to 4-4-2.

Andrews was playing way to far forward, it was pointless. We were lucky we had Spearing today otherwise we would have been smashed that second half.

I have much more to add but I need a beer first!

Still an amazing day as it was my first game but I have no idea how u guys do it. Supporting Bolton can be bloody tough at times!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:57 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Not me, not with the options we'd have available to us. Unless by the looks of it Brendan Rogers would be available? :)
Plenty of foreign managers around. I'm not sure we need restrict ourselves to the depressing list we both have in mind!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Not me, not with the options we'd have available to us. Unless by the looks of it Brendan Rogers would be available? :)
Plenty of foreign managers around. I'm not sure we need restrict ourselves to the depressing list we both have in mind!
Too true. What foreign managers were you thinking AT
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Marvin Sordell
Martin Petrov

wtf

Went just as expected, coyle gets more undeserved grace.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:05 pm

And a win

He did it to spite you all.

What a bar steward!
Pfffft.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:06 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
To be honest I don't really follow football abroad, so I'm not best placed to suggest. I would have thought Gartside could get someone out there looking and talking to people. There is life outside the Premiership afterall :D

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
To be honest I don't really follow football abroad, so I'm not best placed to suggest. I would have thought Gartside could get someone out there looking and talking to people. There is life outside the Premiership afterall :D
True that
Pfffft.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Yes a win is a win but ffs come on that 2nd half was fcuking abysmal, we we're playing Watford not Man U or Chelsea FFS - just what the fcuk does Coyle actually contribute to this club, I can't stand him - I'm not sure if its the players who lack confidence or Coyle himself, he's a rank bad manager regardless of the result and to me the players know he's out of his depth - talk about square pegs in round holes !

Defensively we must be one of the worst teams in this league, we urgently need a new defensive coach because at the back we are shambolic, and why are we so unfit - they need to stop playing darts & ping pong during the week and work hard on fitness, and then work on it some more....because this team are knackered after 60 mins in the championship against Watford who are one of the poorer teams in the league.
You are absolutely right word for word peter.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Yes a win is a win but ffs come on that 2nd half was fcuking abysmal, we we're playing Watford not Man U or Chelsea FFS - just what the fcuk does Coyle actually contribute to this club, I can't stand him - I'm not sure if its the players who lack confidence or Coyle himself, he's a rank bad manager regardless of the result and to me the players know he's out of his depth - talk about square pegs in round holes !

Defensively we must be one of the worst teams in this league, we urgently need a new defensive coach because at the back we are shambolic, and why are we so unfit - they need to stop playing darts & ping pong during the week and work hard on fitness, and then work on it some more....because this team are knackered after 60 mins in the championship against Watford who are one of the poorer teams in the league.
You are absolutely right word for word peter.
Depends on your interpretation of worst. We're joint 11th worst defence
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 pm

bobo the clown wrote:That was very poor. The second half, after he gave one of his infamous half-time pep talks, was abysmal.
looks like coyle and the team have pissed you off again by winning a game!

maybe athletics is more your thing - that makes you a happy, perky bunny! Mo won a race today! cheer up!! 8)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:28 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:That was very poor. The second half, after he gave one of his infamous half-time pep talks, was abysmal.

maybe athletics is more your thing - that makes you a happy, perky bunny! Mo won a race today! cheer up!! 8)
:lol: plus Strictly is on Bobo
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:40 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
thebish wrote:

Well, you were on the drive from Torbay to Middlesbrough so not sat watching the fckwit do everything in his power to cock it up. So yes .... as I said, I'm glad for the 3 points but if anyone thinks this was a good performance rather than simply managing to scrape by then they weren't at the game.

Ah ...that's right ... you weren't your Holiness.

.... & as for you, you posing as a misspelt cucumber in garlic flavoured yoghurt .... kick a man while he's down, why don't ya ???
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:45 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
thebish wrote:

Well, you were on the drive from Torbay to Middlesbrough so not sat watching the fckwit do everything in his power to cock it up. So yes .... as I said, I'm glad for the 3 points but if anyone thinks this was a good performance rather than simply managing to scrape by then they weren't at the game.

Ah ...that's right ... you weren't your Holiness.

.... & as for you, you cucumber in garlic flavoured yoghurt .... kick aa man while he's down, why don't ya ???
:lol: Cracking insult. I would never say BWFC had a good performance, we've not had a truly stunning performance since say Spurs/Newcastle in 2010/11. But I'm happy with by what ever means necessary
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:45 pm

It was shite. There are no signs of this side playing to it'd potential.

None at all!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:It was shite. There are no signs of this side playing to it'd potential.

None at all!
Screw potential. We won
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:It was shite. There are no signs of this side playing to it'd potential.
None at all!
Phew. Thank the Lord for that. Thought you'd taken ill. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:27 pm

bobo the clown wrote: Well, you were on the drive from Torbay to Middlesbrough
was I??? :conf:

anyway - athletics, I said - that's your thang! it makes you all proud and teary and fluffy on the inside...

has to be a better bet, no? :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:32 pm

After our recent run it was imperative we won today. We did and deserved to imo. For all the possession they had in the 2nd half did Boggy have a save to make? SKD missed a glaring chance in the 2nd and Eagles had 1 blocked on the line. Lots to fix yet and we still look as though we'll be vulnerable away from home but 3ptd today was needed and gained. That'll do for now :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:40 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: Well, you were on the drive from Torbay to Middlesbrough
was I??? :conf:

anyway - athletics, I said - that's your thang! it makes you all proud and teary and fluffy on the inside...

has to be a better bet, no? :wink:
No, my bad/ I misread what you said.

Athletics is lovely & sweet and the Olympic experience was very dear to me. I'm so delighted that Mo was good at running today.

However, I was, I do admit, a tiny bit more concerned at watching some Scothman fck up Bolton Wanderers. Maybe HE should go running. I bet he'd be really good at it !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:42 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
However, I was, I do admit, a tiny bit more concerned at watching some Scothman fck up Bolton Wanderers win a game of football. Maybe HE should go running. I bet he'd be really good at it !!