Coyle sacked

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

William the White
Legend
Legend

Re: Coyle sacked

Post by William the White » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 am

Inevitable. Sad. Right.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Lee out.
I bet that little stump has been down the dry cleaners already this morning getting that oversized suit of his sorted out in preparation.
Businesswoman of the year.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:53 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:Would have loved it to work out but there was no other option by this time. Now the real work begins.

Sammy Lee and Jiminho as caretakers is interesting though.
No it's fooking not. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
Depends how long we take appointing a replacement whether it has much effect.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 am

Alright, let's not jump straight into hating LSL. Enjoy the moment, and the possibilities. Lower your guns.
BWFC_Insane, in a different thread, wrote:What I heard on Sunday, before owt about "talks" was mentioned, and it does seem to fit with the mixed stories coming out, was that Gartside and Davies agree Coyle is a busted flush. However, Eddie Davies has told Gartside that he's not paying to clean up another mess. So he won't pay compo as he feels that its a never ending cycle. He also feels if he pays out the silly amount of compo to get rid of Coyle and his staff, that there is nothing left in the pot to get a decent manager with and hence the cycle repeats. So they are hoping that Coyle and his cronies will go of their own accord or for at least a vastly reduced settlement.
Seems Eddie decided it was a price worth paying.

Any details yet on who else has gone - I assume Sandy Stewart, Steve Davis, Phil Hughes etc are going?

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:55 am

I keep going over to the window checking on the pitch to see if our new replacement is stood there having his picture taken :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Alright, let's not jump straight into hating LSL. Enjoy the moment, and the possibilities. Lower your guns.
BWFC_Insane, in a different thread, wrote:What I heard on Sunday, before owt about "talks" was mentioned, and it does seem to fit with the mixed stories coming out, was that Gartside and Davies agree Coyle is a busted flush. However, Eddie Davies has told Gartside that he's not paying to clean up another mess. So he won't pay compo as he feels that its a never ending cycle. He also feels if he pays out the silly amount of compo to get rid of Coyle and his staff, that there is nothing left in the pot to get a decent manager with and hence the cycle repeats. So they are hoping that Coyle and his cronies will go of their own accord or for at least a vastly reduced settlement.

Any details yet on who else has gone - I assume Sandy Stewart, Steve Davis, Phil Hughes etc are going?
Like I said, I have no idea if that was right or not. Certainly seems like this decision was not expected in the Coyle ranks.

Stewart and Davis are referenced by Gartside in the article so I assume they are off too.....

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

Somewhere out there, maybe, somewhere, Dan hasnt heard the news yet...

Can we create a joke thread stating that Adrian Bothroyd & Alan Curbishley have been appointed joint managers?? Please can we please please.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Bugger me :shock:
I'm not THAT overjoyed. Although I'll admit I did shout "Yes!" and punch the air with both fists.

Sorry it didn't work out, Owen. I wish you no ill and will look back on your reign as something that didn't work out. Onwards and upwards... via a proper interview process, please.
Bang bloody on!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

They're not going to let Jimmy Phillips anywhere near the first team are they?
Last edited by Wandering Willy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Alright, let's not jump straight into hating LSL. Enjoy the moment, and the possibilities. Lower your guns.

or.... that Eddie said no such thing....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Stewart and Davis are referenced by Gartside in the article so I assume they are off too.....
Indeed.
Phil Gartside's statement wrote:Owen poured his heart and soul into the job on and off the pitch, he led our club with great dignity during some very challenging times. It is the right time for a change. We set a target at the beginning of the season and want to get back on track. I would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Owen, Sandy Stewart and Steve Davies for all their hard work for Bolton Wanderers.
Owen Coyle said rather than wrote:I have always been driven to act in the best interests of the club and care passionately about it. I had fantastic times as a player here and it has been a privilege to have held the post of manager. I want to thank the fans for their backing since I returned, chairman Phil Gartside and owner Eddie Davies for their support and friendship, the club’s staff and players for all their effort and commitment. I wish everyone connected with Bolton Wanderers all the very best.
Nixon's piece (one of the last times we'll write that?) speaks of "moves to bring in new staff to assist [Coyle] last week" - interesting...

It also says Lee is "likely to figure in the future senior set-up" but let's face it, now Coyle's gone he's guessing as much as most of us.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 am

For Sale: Two big OWEN COYLE'S SUPERWHITE ARMY signs. All offers considered. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Somewhere out there, maybe, somewhere, Dan hasnt heard the news yet...

Can we create a joke thread stating that Adrian Bothroyd & Alan Curbishley have been appointed joint managers?? Please can we please please.
:pray:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 am

Wandering Willy wrote:They're not going to let Jimmy Phillips anywhere near the first team are they?
Is that an echo from the 90s? :shock:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:02 am

You're only as good as your last game.

Weird this feeling of being gutted and relieved at the same time.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:02 am

Someone asked Iles on twitter if Coyle was "unhappy with Lee's appointment" to which Iles replies "I will write that story tomorrow, its half right".

I suspect, they've told Owen "X is coming in to help you" and Coyle has said "no ta" and thats what has prompted the move.....

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 am

wanderers_on_tour wrote:Gutted for the man. Pleased for the club.

Some great memories and always acted with dignity, but fair decision all round.

Feel the same, Ill never forget the feeling of magic and being positive again about the club that came back in those great few months. But he had to go.

Like all next managerial appointments, this one is huge.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Alright, let's not jump straight into hating LSL LLS. Enjoy the moment, and the possibilities. Lower your guns.
:shock: Absolutely.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Someone asked Iles on twitter if Coyle was "unhappy with Lee's appointment" to which Iles replies "I will write that story tomorrow, its half right".

I suspect, they've told Owen "X is coming in to help you" and Coyle has said "no ta" and thats what has prompted the move.....
so - is this "X" now coming in anyway, except now to be manager? - be interesting to know (if he exists) who it was... I guess we'll never know...

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:05 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:For Sale: Two big OWEN COYLE'S SUPERWHITE ARMY signs. All offers considered. :D
Hang on to them. He may get a job at a club that plays in white. Bury, say. Then, their value will rocket.

I'm going for a lie-down now.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!