Now he's gone, who's next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you like to see replacing Owen Coyle?

Alan Curbishley
12%
Paolo di Canio
7%
Billy Davies
7%
Keith Hill
4%
Roy Keane
1%
Mick McCarthy
9%
Gary Neville
8%
A rising lower-league boss (eg Micky Mellon)
9%
BWFC legend (eg Hierro/Gudni/McGinlay)
8%
Someone from abroad (eg Solskjaer)
27%
Someone from within (LSL/Jiminho/Didsy/Zico)
2%
AN Other
6%

Total votes: 128

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Now he's gone, who's next?

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:I might be a rare breed of Bolton fans but I like man u - they do a lot for the game - look at the England players united have produced over the years, the youth and look at how many titles they've took off the scoucers (priceless) - you only support one club i believe but I always see how man u have gone after the bolton game on and hope city have lost

what have united ever done to bolton?

Fergusson used to be pally with BSA, and always had a good word for bolton. I honestly think some bolton fans should invite a more open minded approach to man u, they're a bloody good club!

:shock:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:I might be a rare breed of Bolton fans but I like man u - they do a lot for the game - look at the England players united have produced over the years, the youth and look at how many titles they've took off the scoucers (priceless) - you only support one club i believe but I always see how man u have gone after the bolton game on and hope city have lost

Fergusson used to be pally with BSA, and always had a good word for bolton. I honestly think some bolton fans should invite a more open minded approach to man u, they're a bloody good club!
Ban him now.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 pm

:vomit:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 pm

:doh:

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 pm

:shock:

:vomit:

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Ha, well done Barefoot, I think you've succeeded in converting us all to your view!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Indeed. So why would OGS prove to be any more of a gamble than MM? (Just for you Crazy)
There is more evidence on which to evaluate MM than OGS, surely?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:28 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:OGS (which appears to be now what we're calling him and I don't approve) is a dirty filthy red. This is an important fact which requires further scrutiny before any decision is made.
so what he played for united - what's your f*cking point! (if you have one)
It was a lighthearted comment mate. If/when he comes in I'll immediately forget everything and get right behind him. The rights of hypocrisy and memory loss are a god given gift to all football fans.

But y'know the reasons for pointing out he's a red should be obvious. Well obvious to any self-respecting Bolton fan who doesn't have a secret soft spot for Man United.

understand your sentiments but the team I hate is man c not man u unlike most bolton fans - i've hated city eversince watching football it will never leave me and I find it hard to come to terms with what they are doing at present, much prefered it when they were in tier 3 and us in tier 1

so i understand hatred towards other clubs don't get me wrong, but the volume of bolton fans who hate united is staggering - surely united should hate us more for the 1958 cup final when we beat was was left of the busby babes - and the thing is, united fans like bolton in the majority of cases

all very strange... but hey that's football!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:OGS (which appears to be now what we're calling him and I don't approve) is a dirty filthy red. This is an important fact which requires further scrutiny before any decision is made.
It was a lighthearted comment mate. If/when he comes in I'll immediately forget everything and get right behind him. The rights of hypocrisy and memory loss are a god given gift to all football fans.

But y'know the reasons for pointing out he's a red should be obvious. Well obvious to any self-respecting Bolton fan who doesn't have a secret soft spot for Man United.

understand your sentiments but the team I hate is man c not man u unlike most bolton fans - i've hated city eversince watching football it will never leave me and I find it hard to come to terms with what they are doing at present, much prefered it when they were in tier 3 and us in tier 1

so i understand hatred towards other clubs don't get me wrong, but the volume of bolton fans who hate united is staggering - surely united should hate us more for the 1958 cup final when we beat was was left of the busby babes - and the thing is, united fans like bolton in the majority of cases

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The bastards bricked our coach on the way back from the 58 Cup Final...

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:31 pm

You are probably the only Bolton fan with this opinion.

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Barefoot Wanderer wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The bastards bricked our coach on the way back from the 58 Cup Final...
that must mean man u are a bad club then

(let it go)...

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Wow.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 pm

I don't mind United.. Most of their fans are WUM's, but there's plenty worse.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm

United fans don't care about us

And i could't give a toss about them
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:46 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:United fans don't care about us

They say that, but living in Manchester, I can tell you it's not the case.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:47 pm

boltonboris wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:United fans don't care about us

They say that, but living in Manchester, I can tell you it's not the case.

Fair do's

All the plastic one's darn here don't :wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Get your pitchforks at the ready....
Having grown up and lived all my life in Manchester I don't really get the average BWFC fan's stance on Man U. I cringe when the naughty scoreboard corner chant about the Munich disaster. My old man and his dad were regulars at Burnden Park and then the Reebok and neither of them have ever displayed any great animosity towards the club representing the red side of Manchester. Perhaps they're too polite to admit it, perhaps too intelligent to care. It's just football, isn't it?
Admittedly they've had their wankers over the years, which is why I would balk at the idea of Roy 'listen' Keane taking over the reigns, but to me Solkjaer would be most welcome - even though he scored a hat-trick at the Reebok in yet another drubbing. What's best for BWFC is important. If Sir Alex Ferguson resigned today and he, Meulensteen & Phelan pitched up at the Reebok tomorrow I would be very, very pleased.
:|
Last edited by Dr Hotdog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm

We've not had any ex-manu players, or loans for as far as I can remember when the likes of Wigan, etc seem to get loads. The only one I can think of was via Burnley. Getting an ex manu player might get us some loans, especially in this league.

BSA and SAF may well have been bezzie mates but the refs were still warned against us. We've not exactly had much out of the relationship.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Get your pitchforks at the ready....
Having grown up and lived all my life in Manchester I don't really get the average BWFC fan's stance on Man U. I cringe when the naughty scoreboard corner chant about the Munich disaster. My old man and his dad were regulars at Burnden Park and then the Reebok and neither of them have ever displayed any great animosity towards the club representing the red side of Manchester. Perhaps they're too polite to admit it, perhaps too intelligent to care. It's just football, isn't it?
Admittedly they've had their wankers over the years, which is why I would balk at the idea of Roy 'listen' Keane taking over the reigns, but to me Solkjaer would be most welcome - even though he scored a hat-trick at the Reebok in yet another drubbing. What's best for BWFC is important. If Sir Alex Ferguson resigned today and he, Meulensteen & Phelan pitched up at the Reebok tomorrow I would be very, very pleased.
:|

As would i

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:We've not had any ex-manu players, or loans for as far as I can remember when the likes of Wigan, etc seem to get loads. The only one I can think of was via Burnley. Getting an ex manu player might get us some loans, especially in this league.

BSA and SAF may well have been bezzie mates but the refs were still warned against us. We've not exactly had much out of the relationship.
John O'Kane, Quinton Fortune...