Now he's gone, who's next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you like to see replacing Owen Coyle?

Alan Curbishley
12%
Paolo di Canio
7%
Billy Davies
7%
Keith Hill
4%
Roy Keane
1%
Mick McCarthy
9%
Gary Neville
8%
A rising lower-league boss (eg Micky Mellon)
9%
BWFC legend (eg Hierro/Gudni/McGinlay)
8%
Someone from abroad (eg Solskjaer)
27%
Someone from within (LSL/Jiminho/Didsy/Zico)
2%
AN Other
6%

Total votes: 128

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Now he's gone, who's next?

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 pm

BL3 wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:PG in a bit of a win win here, Jiminho might be a revelation who knows!? 2 wins out of the next 3 might get him the job till xmas. If he does well he gets the job full time! Fans are happy, Jimmys happy and the club have saved £££ - if he turns out to be shite they can just appoint the ‘right man’ they’ve been searching for up until that point.
Two words. Charlie Wright.
hopefully they wait a bit more than 5 games before commiting themselves this time!

Mentioning Souness I'm sure is just a rouse to get the players to put in the effort for Philips and Lee. There should be some improvement in the short term anyway.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 pm

BL3 wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:PG in a bit of a win win here, Jiminho might be a revelation who knows!? 2 wins out of the next 3 might get him the job till xmas. If he does well he gets the job full time! Fans are happy, Jimmys happy and the club have saved £££ - if he turns out to be shite they can just appoint the ‘right man’ they’ve been searching for up until that point.
Two more: Nigel Adkins. Promoted from physio to boss by Scunthorpe, did as well as could be expected there then took Southampton ever onwards.

Seemed there was more than a touch of the Charlies about Coyle - old school tie, fresh air, f*ck all else, lost it completely.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Two more: Nigel Adkins. Promoted from physio to boss by Scunthorpe, did as well as could be expected there then took Southampton ever onwards.

Seemed there was more than a touch of the Charlies about Coyle - old school tie, fresh air, f*ck all else, lost it completely.
Ex goalie as well wasnt he, Adkins?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Nigel Adkins is a really clever guy though. I wonder how many of them are floating around football....

My big worry about Jimmy is he seems a really nice bloke. But is he up for the thrust and cuthroat world of management?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: My big worry about Jimmy is he seems a really nice bloke. But is he up for the thrust and cuthroat world of management?
When your day job is consigning kids to a life on the dole you have to be fairly cut-throat...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Ex Bolton School isnt he? Might be smarter than some are giving him credit for. There again academic skills dont mean squat in football really

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Ex Bolton School isnt he? Might be smarter than some are giving him credit for. There again academic skills dont mean squat in football really
Doesn't mean anything, as many on have have proven over the years :mrgreen:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: My big worry about Jimmy is he seems a really nice bloke. But is he up for the thrust and cuthroat world of management?
When your day job is consigning kids to a life on the dole you have to be fairly cut-throat...
Indeed, slightly different pressure though.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Well I'm not getting overly hung up on who we choose

He's nothing to beat in terms of bettering the last mon and we still have enough decent players that we should be at the top end of this league

Yes, there are deficiencies but if we play the right players in the right places, this jobs a piece of piss

In fact, I see no reason why Phillips and Lee can't get us through the next 6 months on relief and good will
Interesting. You'd be happy with those 2? I mean, great if it works, but surely Gartsides ass is grass if that cocks up?
I don't know if happy is the word

Excited definitely isn't the word

I just think we've got some of the best players in the league and the job isn't as hard as Coyle made it

I've looked at our bench in recent weeks and it's frustrated the hell out of me

Lee, Petrov and Sordell

I mean, come on

If they can't get in, we really shouldn't be losing games
Sto ut Serviam

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Ex Bolton School isnt he? Might be smarter than some are giving him credit for. There again academic skills dont mean squat in football really
Nope... Ju Darby is the Old Bolt
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 pm

So if Prufrock's username and signature are anything to go by, we'll not be short of motivational poetry around the training ground..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:30 pm

You're worried that he's a nice bloke? And you're unsure if he's, er, up for the thrust?

:conf:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Athers wrote:So if Prufrock's username and signature are anything to go by, we'll not be short of motivational poetry around the training ground..
And going off your sig, they'll be up to date with the latest technology and communicating with the fans :D!

'Freezing to death watching videos of Bristol Ciy set-pieces #icebath'
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Sponge wrote:
You're worried that he's a nice bloke? And you're unsure if he's, er, up for the thrust?
:conf:
Well, I'm familiar with cut and thrust , but thrust and cut-thoat are a bit of a new one on me. We learn something new every day :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Nope... Ju Darby is the Old Bolt
Perhaps Phillips was canon slade. Funny I vividly remember them on the back page of the ben as youths for some reason

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:It would have been easier 12 months back

IMO
Or even five months ago.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Jimmy Phillips used to play for the same team as Paul Moulden. Moss Bank FC, or something. Wonder what happened to Paul Moulden? Another Boltonian who ended up playing for City rather than us.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 pm

I think Moulden played for the Lads Club - he now has a chippy at Tong Fold

When he signed for city, his dad had a brand new Saab on his drive

Just a coincidence
Sto ut Serviam

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Whereas these days he'd have a brand new drive under hiss Saab.
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Athers wrote:So if Prufrock's username and signature are anything to go by, we'll not be short of motivational poetry around the training ground..
And going off your sig, they'll be up to date with the latest technology and communicating with the fans :D!

'Freezing to death watching videos of Bristol Ciy set-pieces #icebath'
Oh, you did remember I went there too then. :lol:
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;