Blackpool away..no trains from preston to blackpool

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Blackpool away..no trains from preston to blackpool

Post by si2008 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 pm

just to say tickets on sale now to season tickets holders ...only downside is those who travel by train..there is no trains that weekend from preston to blackpool replacement buses from preston...typical british rail :crazy:

The Berlin Bear
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Blackpool away..no trains from preston to blackpool

Post by The Berlin Bear » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Little bit annoying.
Eisern Union!
HGW XX/7 Gewidmet, in Dankbarkeit

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:15 pm

hope theres plenty of buses on from Preston! Might be a good idea to set off early if theres going to be a couple of thousand football fans all trying to get on a Rail replacement bus service.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Surely they will be putting on football specials once we're at Preston just for us?
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:41 pm

DIPS wrote:Surely they will be putting on football specials once we're at Preston just for us?
If Northern Rail have got anything to do with it then probably not. They couldnt organise a burping contest in an Irn-Bru factory.

courtliff_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by courtliff_bwfc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:43 pm

There is a stagecoach bus number 68 every 15 minutes to Blackpool from Preston only downside is it takes around 1hr 30 or more dependent on traffic!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:18 am

scotty wrote:
DIPS wrote:Surely they will be putting on football specials once we're at Preston just for us?
If Northern Rail have got anything to do with it then probably not. They couldnt organise a burping contest in an Irn-Bru factory.
Which ironically enough would no doubt be held in Blackpool. No chance they will put extra buses on, it'll be the usual 50 seat coaches replacing trains capable of holding several hundred!
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:32 am

si2008 wrote:just to say tickets on sale now to season tickets holders ...only downside is those who travel by train..there is no trains that weekend from preston to blackpool replacement buses from preston...typical british rail :crazy:
It's not been British Rail for the last 30 years you numpty :whack: the engineering works were planned in advance probably while some on here were still believing Coyle could keep us up it's not a spur of the moment thing.

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:02 am

newboy wrote:
si2008 wrote:just to say tickets on sale now to season tickets holders ...only downside is those who travel by train..there is no trains that weekend from preston to blackpool replacement buses from preston...typical british rail :crazy:
It's not been British Rail for the last 30 years you numpty :whack: the engineering works were planned in advance probably while some on here were still believing Coyle could keep us up it's not a spur of the moment thing.
Calm down ...was only letting the supporters who go by train the info that there is no train there is none that weekend from preston to blackpool....and to set off ealier oh by the way i got my ticket and yes will be going by train / rail replacement bus

Clean Shirt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clean Shirt » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:23 am

Oh ffs that is a bag of wank.
Rail replacement it is :D

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:25 pm

You can tell it is going to be mayhem with Northern Rail in charge so am pleased i am in Preston for about 1. out of intrest is the away end on the touchline rather than behind the goal or something
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:58 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:You can tell it is going to be mayhem with Northern Rail in charge so am pleased i am in Preston for about 1. out of intrest is the away end on the touchline rather than behind the goal or something
Away fans get one half of the temporary stand along one side, though at least it has a roof these days.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:22 am

Leyther_Matt wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:You can tell it is going to be mayhem with Northern Rail in charge so am pleased i am in Preston for about 1. out of intrest is the away end on the touchline rather than behind the goal or something
Away fans get one half of the temporary stand along one side, though at least it has a roof these days.
cheers mate
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:31 pm

scotty wrote:
It's Network Rail that run the railways, Northern Rail have nothing to do with it. They just use the railways that Network Rail manage.

It's like blaming Bolton Wanderers for the rules and regulations in the Football League, like getting a yellow card for taking your shirt off.

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
scotty wrote:
It's Network Rail that run the railways, Northern Rail have nothing to do with it. They just use the railways that Network Rail manage.
And therefore, Northern Rail are responsible for late running trains, cancelled trains, overcrowded trains, poor rolling stock and abysmal customer service that I have to endure on a daily basis. Hence why I called then unorganised.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:57 pm

scotty wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:
scotty wrote:
And therefore, Northern Rail are responsible for late running trains, cancelled trains, overcrowded trains, poor rolling stock and abysmal customer service that I have to endure on a daily basis. Hence why I called then unorganised.
I'm not getting into it, but again you're listing things that are out of Northern Rail's control. If they're so shit, why do you use them?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:09 pm

He is right. Network Rail (a synonym for 'the public purse') pay for all the boring stuff like track maintenance. Northern Rail are the nice folks who come along and collect your money. They aren't even very good at that.

Train privatisation is shit. The only one that isn't utterly pathetic is Virgin, and they nearly managed to take away their franchise!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:17 pm

all the things that I have listed are with Northern Rails control. They operate the trains so can control how many carriages they put on, how clean their trains are and the attitude of their staff. First Transpennine xpress run trains on the same line and their service is punctual, more reliable, with comfortable trains with at least 4 carriages on every service. Unfortunately for me, their trains arent always at convienient times and dont always stop at my destination other wise I would always use their service

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:54 pm

scotty wrote:all the things that I have listed are with Northern Rails control. They operate the trains so can control how many carriages they put on, how clean their trains are and the attitude of their staff. First Transpennine xpress run trains on the same line and their service is punctual, more reliable, with comfortable trains with at least 4 carriages on every service. Unfortunately for me, their trains arent always at convienient times and dont always stop at my destination other wise I would always use their service
he is right Northern raill are completly responsible for the poor performance of that line oh and on a seperate note what alternatives do we have i mean it is not like there are several providers running services on that line from Piccadilly to Blackpool, they are the single one.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:58 pm

just a note that apparently the bus/coach journey will take an hour