Standing At Grounds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tim The Eagle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Standing At Grounds

Post by Tim The Eagle » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:57 pm

If you would like to see safe standing room at football grounds please visit and sign the petition on the below link.
http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/safesta ... &page=sign

P.s Good luck for the rest of the season with Doooogie the traitor, money grabbing, wife stealing (i made that bit up) Freedman. or nice person for short.
Not that we are bothered.....

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Standing At Grounds

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Tim The Eagle wrote:If you would like to see safe standing room at football grounds please visit and sign the petition on the below link.

P.s Good luck for the rest of the season with Doooogie the traitor, money grabbing, wife stealing (i made that bit up) Freedman. or tw*t for short.
Not that we are bothered
Sign your own fecking petition.

Tim The Eagle
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tim The Eagle » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Its not a Palace one it is The Football Supporters Federation. :mrgreen:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Tim The Eagle wrote:If you would like to see safe standing room at football grounds please visit and sign the petition on the below link.

P.s Good luck for the rest of the season with Doooogie the traitor, money grabbing, wife stealing (i made that bit up) Freedman. or tw*t for short.
Not that we are bothered
Lighten up mate.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:17 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Not that we are bothered
Lighten up mate.
Sorry, forgot the :wink:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 pm

Signed mate

I'd defintley like to see terraces back in football

Oh and can you shoot that pappypower now please :wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:21 pm

Signed.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Not that we are bothered
Lighten up mate.
Sorry, forgot the :wink:
Ah! :D
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Signed enough of these and nothing has happened, anyway I stand at the Reebok and if anything I prefer standing in front of a seat. This is because I can get the same location with the same group of mates every match, without having to get in the ground an hour and a half before kick off in order to get a good spot.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 pm

You've just described the photo on the link.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:56 am

Seems a no-brainer to me as long as they can do it in a way that doesn't mess with people who want to sit. Seems obvious that the way they do it in Germany, for example, has dealt with all the concerns which led to all-seater grounds in the first place.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Signed enough of these and nothing has happened, anyway I stand at the Reebok and if anything I prefer standing in front of a seat. This is because I can get the same location with the same group of mates every match, without having to get in the ground an hour and a half before kick off in order to get a good spot.
We'd have to keep the seats, for when Dougie takes us back into Europe.

OR ELSE
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I much prefer sitting down, and if anyone stands up in front of me I usually nice person them.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Sit for home games and stand for away games.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:38 pm

I've only been to a hand full of matches in England so I'm not quite sure on the rules, I assume your not allowed to stand but people do because no one does anything about it ? In certain sections are the stewarts stricter ? E.g. In the North stand at the Reebok a man in front of me clearly had a few but wasn't acting dangerously but he would get up and shout/sing then he went to the toilet and never came back so I can only assume the stewarts who were watching him, put him out

wembley1995
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wembley1995 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Is this what happens if we dont?

We're bolton wanderers we'll fight to the END!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Relentless09 wrote:I've only been to a hand full of matches in England so I'm not quite sure on the rules, I assume your not allowed to stand but people do because no one does anything about it ? In certain sections are the stewarts stricter ? E.g. In the North stand at the Reebok a man in front of me clearly had a few but wasn't acting dangerously but he would get up and shout/sing then he went to the toilet and never came back so I can only assume the stewarts who were watching him, put him out
They are very quick to make HOME fans sit .... yet utterly ignore 1,000's of away ones who stand throughout.

Even Souse shite fans .... you know, the ones who bleat 'Hillsborough' at anyone who even mutters the idea of having standing areas !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I can't stand it. Standing that is. You can do what you want but I sit. Same in pubs, I especially hate the feckless barstewards that literally litter the front of the bar with their standing. We need standards not standings, Sitters Unite.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Beats me why, when we have a superb, totally safe stadium and everybody has a seat with a top class view, people still want to stand up? I spent years on the embankment end getting pushed, crushed, arguing with mannerless idiots who only cared about themselves and having to fight your way to the slopstones for a pxss. Okay, that's how it was and we enjoyed it anyway, but compared to the Reebok it was medieval. You really want to go back to that?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Beats me why, when we have a superb, totally safe stadium and everybody has a seat with a top class view, people still want to stand up? I spent years on the embankment end getting pushed, crushed, arguing with mannerless idiots who only cared about themselves and having to fight your way to the slopstones for a pxss. Okay, that's how it was and we enjoyed it anyway, but compared to the Reebok it was medieval. You really want to go back to that?
this

some people are just povs and want to stay in the gutter