Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:51 am

Prufrock wrote:A TW exclusive! 'Owen Coyle rules himself out of the running for the Crystal Palace job'. :)
Thats a shame for Palace. They won't get the benefit of him being, quite literally the "best manager he's ever been".

Day of mourning around Selhurst Park in order I feel.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BL3 wrote:Palace were one of the originators of all that marketing bullshit that infects the game these days. They've changed everything from their club colours to their club nickname over the years. The whole 'ultras' thing is part of a long tradition of attention-seeking.
A TW exclusive! 'Owen Coyle rules himself out of the running for the Crystal Palace job'. :)

Dougie doesn't want them and now are sacked manager doesn't want them shame.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
BL3 wrote:Palace were one of the originators of all that marketing bullshit that infects the game these days. They've changed everything from their club colours to their club nickname over the years. The whole 'ultras' thing is part of a long tradition of attention-seeking.
A TW exclusive! 'Owen Coyle rules himself out of the running for the Crystal Palace job'. :)

mabey because they were a tad busy sorting this matter out...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Who gives a shit none us certainty don't
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:31 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:Who gives a shit none us certainty don't
:zzz:

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 am

paddypower45 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Surely that story is crap. Palace wouldn't approach a manager who was already in a job would they? The same thing Bolton have been critised for. No, not possible. Palace are not that type of football club.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm

DF claims he's over the moon at the dressing room atmosphere at Bolton. Today's B.N.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 pm

malcd1 wrote:
paddypower45 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Surely that story is crap. Palace wouldn't approach a manager who was already in a job would they? The same thing Bolton have been critised for. No, not possible. Palace are not that type of football club.
i know i dont agree with it at to be honest all which.. is why im still on this board :wink:

managers should honour their contracts and be loyal to their supporters and chairmen in my opinon. but that said football has no loyalty anymore except for us... the fans, were the ones who are left puzzled and pissed off with players coming and going for a quick buck and managers dropping their pants at the sniff of more money and fame... look at the state footballs been in since all the money got ploughed in and the way fans get treated and pay high prices for 90 minutes of entertainment..(well if you can call palace entertaining that is) :wink: footballs a horrible beast and getting more and more so every season.. good luck to bolton this season ive nothing againgst you guys at all its just the way this sport is run thats pissed me off the past few weeks.. i really hope holloway stays with blackpool and be loyal to those fantastic fans up there.. but more then likely he wont be which brings me full circle again to the loyalty issue.... :|

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:12 pm

The chairman at your place, showed OUR Dougie no loyalty..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:DF claims he's over the moon at the dressing room atmosphere at Bolton. Today's B.N.
Problem? What problem?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:DF claims he's over the moon at the dressing room atmosphere at Bolton. Today's B.N.
this sounds like the kind of thing coyle would come out with

TIME TO GO DOUGIE

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:54 pm

boltonboris wrote:The chairman at your place, showed OUR Dougie no loyalty..
agreed loyalty goes two ways... :wink:
anyway no use going over old ground and it is what it is
footballs fecked as far as i can see all it is now is greed greed greed by chairmen, players and managers alike .. but who will still be there when the moneys all gone? (and it will be 1 day) us..you ..me..the fans
this has left a very nasty taste in many peoples mouths.. mabey not yours this time..

anyway peeps good luck for the rest of the season ill see myself out.. :D

oh PLYMOUTH WANDERER...(nice tits mate) :wink:

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 pm

paddypower45 wrote:i know i dont agree with it at to be honest all which.. is why im still on this board :wink:

managers should honour their contracts and be loyal to their supporters and chairmen in my opinon. but that said football has no loyalty anymore except for us... the fans, were the ones who are left puzzled and pissed off with players coming and going for a quick buck and managers dropping their pants at the sniff of more money and fame... look at the state footballs been in since all the money got ploughed in and the way fans get treated and pay high prices for 90 minutes of entertainment..(well if you can call palace entertaining that is) :wink: footballs a horrible beast and getting more and more so every season.. good luck to bolton this season ive nothing againgst you guys at all its just the way this sport is run thats pissed me off the past few weeks.. i really hope holloway stays with blackpool and be loyal to those fantastic fans up there.. but more then likely he wont be which brings me full circle again to the loyalty issue.... :|
managers are real people who have families etc. if you were offered a job with x3 pay you'd be pretty likely to take it.

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:09 pm

James B wrote:
paddypower45 wrote:i know i dont agree with it at to be honest all which.. is why im still on this board :wink:

managers are real people who have families etc. if you were offered a job with x3 pay you'd be pretty likely to take it.
agreed james that would be very tempting fella :shock:
but then again we come back to football and money ... everyones got loads of it to splash about on this player that player this manager that manager all for a quick fix...how long will it be before palace or bolton are doing this again?.. i feel for us the fans cos those prices on the turnstiles are going up and up..and i guarentee that we will be so priced out of it in 10 years time it will become imposible to take your kids to see a match... :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:12 pm

paddypower45 wrote:
James B wrote:

so - for essentially the same job - would you take it? if so- then you can stop the loyalty drivel....

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:16 pm

thebish wrote:
paddypower45 wrote:
James B wrote:

so - for essentially the same job - would you take it? if so- then you can stop the loyalty drivel....
i said it would be tempting.. i didnt say id take it.. :wink:

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:23 pm

People also forget that being a manager is very different to being a player. A player is 'merely' part of a large squad of players that evolves year-on-year, meaning that a player's future prospects (ie. them being more successful) could be improved by someone else joining or leaving the team. A manager is the sole person of that role, and their job progression is either with the same club but moving up or moving to another (bigger) club.

Freedman will still love Palace a lot, it gave him the best years of his career and a route into management, but he can't sit around waiting for things to change around him like he could as a player. He is now in a position where he makes the moves, and club loyalties don't mean that much. He has already managed his 'favourite' team, and how many guys get to even do that!?!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:39 am

Freedman admits he would love the 19-year-old at Wanderers but doesn’t envisage it happening.

He said: “Wilfried in the best player in the Championship. I have known that kid since he was 14 and coached him from that age. Something tells me Crystal Palace won’t let him go for anything less than £10million or even £20million, and I don’t think my budget will stretch to that realistically.”
I think you might be right there Dougie.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Palace have essentially followed in our footsteps and poached Ian Holloway, surprised really but well done to them. I know I would rather have had holloway here than freedman to be honest but oh well.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm ok with Freedman & Lennie Lawrence - Coyle should have brought someone experienced in like Lawrence to help him, rather have DF than Holloway.

I like everything that DF has said so far, and I'll give him a chance. We can't expect miracles from him this season taking over a squad of mainly pampered, soft arsed, overpaid players who have absolutely no confidence and are simply used to losing, and we won't go back up unless we somehow get into that 6th play off spot with a good run after Xmas with Holden back in the side.

Good luck DF & LL....you'll need it !!