The Tykes Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Tykes Thread

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:We'll get banjo'd three nowt and Dougie's stock will come crashing down to earth under a crescendo of boo's. a thousand 'just in case' "I told you so Dickheads" banners will appear from nowhere and all the vibes from the players will go from "yeah everything's great" to "aye, he's shit.. None of it were my responsibility".

You know what? feck it, I'm not bothering. I'm staying in 'Spoons drinking my £1.90 500ml bottle of Baltika. Pretending I've missed the bus. Which has gone up to £3!!! RETURN!!! THAT'S FECKIN' DOUBLE!

Boooooooooooooooo
:lol:

Happy Christmas!

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:57 pm

It's nice not to be worrying about the defence as much and thinking of our multiple attacking options instead

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:07 am

Relentless09 wrote:It's nice not to be worrying about the defence as much and thinking of our multiple attacking options instead
Really? I still am.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Relentless09 wrote:It's nice not to be worrying about the defence as much and thinking of our multiple attacking options instead
Really? I still am.
Well I am as well but not as much as I used too

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:20 am

We'll shit em

(to quantify I cant recall ever seeing us beat baaaaarnsley)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I was interested enough to check that out dibble, as I recall the same. We beat them twice in 2000/01, and before that once in '95. I'm pretty sure I was at least 2 (if not all three) of those games. But my memory only stretches to the 3-0 dicking at Oakwell in 94/95 and the 1-1 in which Gudni scored.

Bastards have a psychological hold over us!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Depressing place Oakwell... always reminds me of the ground in ID when they get pelted with darts...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Thats actually whatever they're calling Valley Parade, isn't it?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:58 pm

I though it was actually Millmoor... Meh, it all South Yorkshire, whish is all a shit hole at the end of the day
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:06 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Depressing place Oakwell... always reminds me of the ground in ID when they get pelted with darts...
Aye.. Walking past that Van Damme stand or whatever it's called is a real throwback
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:14 pm

I am going for 2-1 to the whites. Nervy start and then nicking one, going in 1-0 up at half time before scoring another one. Then defending for about half an hour chewing my fingernails down to the elbow as they nick one back and lay siege to our goal!

Don't fail me crystal ball!! We need 3 points!

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:46 pm

So far Dougie has come up against 3 of the biggest clubs in the division, all of them promotion contenders. Barnsley are relegation contenders. Our squad is leaps and bounds ahead of theres, its at the Bok, we are unbeaten under Dougie.

This is the sort of game that we should feel confident about. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't win comfortably tomorrow, Dougie will know that and I really hope the players do too.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm

if we don't win this - Eddie and Garty should sack Dougie before it is too late...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Gartside should go now, because he's a shit tactician and fails to motivate the cheerleaders.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 pm

We do seem to have a pretty poor record against this lot. Weren't they the first team to ever beat us on a Sunday? Last game of the season about 1994 (lost 2-3). I have a vague memory of Richie Sneekes scoring in a 2-1 win at Burnden but I might have dreamt it.

That 0-3 at Oakwell was a dreadful day but not quite as bad as when we lost 1-3 in the FA cup. I spent 10 minutes under the arm of a copper while he punched me in the face several times :cry:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:We do seem to have a pretty poor record against this lot. Weren't they the first team to ever beat us on a Sunday? Last game of the season about 1994 (lost 2-3). I have a vague memory of Richie Sneekes scoring in a 2-1 win at Burnden but I might have dreamt it.

That 0-3 at Oakwell was a dreadful day but not quite as bad as when we lost 1-3 in the FA cup. I spent 10 minutes under the arm of a copper while he punched me in the face several times :cry:
South Yorkshire Police .... "Justice for 'arry Genshaw !!!"
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I was interested enough to check that out dibble, as I recall the same. We beat them twice in 2000/01, and before that once in '95. I'm pretty sure I was at least 2 (if not all three) of those games. But my memory only stretches to the 3-0 dicking at Oakwell in 94/95 and the 1-1 in which Gudni scored.

Bastards have a psychological hold over us!
Right. already replied to this once (or so i thought).

95 - in the league?
went to oakwell in 96 when we shit the league, 1-1 with the ref scoring for them! and went the year after, beardsley played his first game for us? we lost i think

remember the gudni goal

and thats about it

the yorkshire bastards

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Jez wrote:So far Dougie has come up against 3 of the biggest clubs in the division, all of them promotion contenders. Barnsley are relegation contenders. Our squad is leaps and bounds ahead of theres, its at the Bok, we are unbeaten under Dougie.

This is the sort of game that we should feel confident about. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't win comfortably tomorrow, Dougie will know that and I really hope the players do too.
Yes we should win be dont expect us to hammer them. They will keep it tight and being in a corner will scrap.Their last 4 aways have been 0 1, theyre not getting pasted inspite of their position . They are low on confidence but their problem is scoring. Infact they just took someone on loan to try and sort it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Apparently mido is a worth a laugh these days

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:25 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Apparently mido is a worth a laugh these days