CYL stropped off down the tunnel

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Re: CYL stropped off down the tunnel

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Well it's very obvious that Petrov is already on his way out the club.
A failure by the new management to 'manage' individuals.

We cannot afford to lose one of our most creative players, in my opinion.

To now look like he will ship out another and thus lose 2 is poor going.
Two players who if 'managed' as individuals, could add a bloody lot to get us out the mess we are in.
Cast your mind back to when Allardyce first took over. We had a wide player by the name of Michael Johannsen. Fans favourite, a flair player who had that something extra. He didn't fit into Sam's plans. A few tantrums later and he was off. At the time, like most, I was sad to see him go.

Would I have kept him in return for what happened next? Would I feck!
Are you REALLY suggesting our success wouldn't have happened had that one player stayed? :shock:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:07 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Well it's very obvious that Petrov is already on his way out the club.
A failure by the new management to 'manage' individuals.

We cannot afford to lose one of our most creative players, in my opinion.

To now look like he will ship out another and thus lose 2 is poor going.
Two players who if 'managed' as individuals, could add a bloody lot to get us out the mess we are in.
Cast your mind back to when Allardyce first took over. We had a wide player by the name of Michael Johannsen. Fans favourite, a flair player who had that something extra. He didn't fit into Sam's plans. A few tantrums later and he was off. At the time, like most, I was sad to see him go.

Would I have kept him in return for what happened next? Would I feck!
Are you REALLY suggesting our success wouldn't have happened had that one player stayed? :shock:
Why would you think he was suggesting that?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:10 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote: Are you REALLY suggesting our success wouldn't have happened had that one player stayed? :shock:
:doh:

No. I'm suggesting that then, like now, folk were upset at losing a popular player. The fact was then (& now too, imo) we needed to put faith in the managers long term view.

In Dougie I trust.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote: Are you REALLY suggesting our success wouldn't have happened had that one player stayed? :shock:
:doh:

No. I'm suggesting that then, like now, folk were upset at losing a popular player. The fact was then (& now too, imo) we needed to put faith in the managers long term view.

In Dougie I trust.
Well that's what I thought you meant! :)

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:The outcry for LCY to be in the team is somewhat baffling.
I think I understand your bafflement.

It's because you prefer Petrov or maybe NGog on the right wing.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lot of second guessing going on here.

Nobody knows what Afobe is like, how much he cares in comparison to anyone else.

These 'imdividuals' haven't exactly done a lot to earn their place. I've said for a while that we couldn't keep carrying them all in the same side and Dougie is making the tough decisions.

I'd love an in form LCY to fire us up the league but he's looked a long long way from doing that recently.....
I do see where you're coming from even though we disagree somewhat.

With Chungy, we know how much quality he potentially has. Whether he can get back to his peak is unknown right now but the fact is, unless he gets game time, he won't ever return to form. It's not going to happen by sitting on the bench. He needs to be playing every week and if that means carrying him for a while, that's worth the risk in my opinion. I don't think he's an inferior player to any of the alternatives either, even though he is out of form.

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:33 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:

Nobody knows what Afobe is like, how much he cares in comparison to anyone else.

These 'imdividuals' haven't exactly done a lot to earn their place. I've said for a while that we couldn't keep carrying them all in the same side and Dougie is making the tough decisions.

I'd love an in form LCY to fire us up the league but he's looked a long long way from doing that recently.....

With Chungy, we know how much quality he potentially has. Whether he can get back to his peak is unknown right now but the fact is, unless he gets game time, he won't ever return to form. It's not going to happen by sitting on the bench. He needs to be playing every week and if that means carrying him for a while, that's worth the risk in my opinion. I don't think he's an inferior player to any of the alternatives either, even though he is out of form.
Although I'm obviously biased I think there's a lot of truth in what's being said here. He can't be expected to slot in and light things up straightaway. It's been a bit difficult to follow the team this season but I've been hearing two things: Chungy is not yet in form and he hasn't been given a consistent run of minutes. Could the two possibly be related?

To lose him in January would be really bad business for the club since he would go for nothing near his true value. Whether you rate him or not, I think that much can be agreed upon. Sitting him the entire campaign would accomplish nothing as well since the situation would be the same at season's end. Also, keep in mind that Koreans aren't exactly known for 'throwing their toys out the pram' as you guys would say. Even within the Korean NT Chungy would lean towards the extremely conservative side in terms of being big-headed or subversive. It's a bit shocking to all of the Korean fans that he would do such a thing and it really makes me wonder what's going on behind the scenes with him and the new coach.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:45 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:

FFS You have no feckin' clue what he's been showing in training. Do you think Freedman, a man who clearly studies the game, isn't aware that Chungy has potential? Of course he knows that. But if he – CYL – is doing shite-all in training you can't pick him. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the squad?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:51 am

afobe = anti muamba

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:55 am

Wasn't chungy starting to show some glimpses of previous form though? certainly started scoring

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:17 am

Sponge wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

FFS You have no feckin' clue what he's been showing in training. Do you think Freedman, a man who clearly studies the game, isn't aware that Chungy has potential? Of course he knows that. But if he – CYL – is doing shite-all in training you can't pick him. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the squad?
What happens in training is something I can't comment on. What I can say though, is that despite Chungy being a winger, he has more goals than the striker Afobe does. I can also say that he is a better player whenever he plays, and has far more potential.

There is no argument to pick the useless Afobe over Chungy. Even though he's not anywhere near his pre-injury form yet, he is still the better player of the two, without question. It's not like it's a choice between Eagles or Chungy here, we're talking about the inept Afobe. It's an infuriatingly stupid decision.

The benefits to playing CYL are simple. Firstly, he's a better player. Secondly, he needs match time to improve. Thirdly, he's a bigger goal threat. Fourthly, he is our player. There is no argument to Afobe starting, even if he does try harder in training. Games aren't won on the training pitches.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:30 am

I certainly feel that CYL is owed a tad more tolerance than Afobe. If Afobe is 'doing the business' in training then God bless him, coz he ain't in the 90m which count.

If you were Lee & being told, not just once but routinely, you're a benchwarmer while Afobe's a starter would you say "hey-ho, fair enough gaffer" ?

Throwing a public strop isn't right but I can't say I don't understand his frustration.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hodori
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Hodori » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 am

It's been seven months since he returned from injury and he's had a full pre-season yet he's still struggling. I can't see him staying in England if he does go though, Tom 'nice person' Miller has a lot to answer for.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:26 am

He's not the first to have his leg broke and wont be the last. I still blame dickhead Coyle for sending first teamers out against part time sheep shaggers. In any case he's fully fit, had a pre season, so needs to get stuck in or leave. No passengers.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 am

Sponge wrote:Do you think Freedman, a man who clearly studies the game, isn't aware that Chungy has potential? Of course he knows that. But if he – CYL – is doing shite-all in training you can't pick him. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the squad?
What kind of message does it send to drop someone like Spearing for example, who was playing well, and replace them with someone who's barely played all season? If he 'studies the game', why hasn't he learned not to fix what isn't broken?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 am

BL3 wrote:
Sponge wrote:Do you think Freedman, a man who clearly studies the game, isn't aware that Chungy has potential? Of course he knows that. But if he – CYL – is doing shite-all in training you can't pick him. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the squad?
What kind of message does it send to drop someone like Spearing for example, who was playing well, and replace them with someone who's barely played all season? If he 'studies the game', why hasn't he learned not to fix what isn't broken?
One of the few things I could actually agree with you on.

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Ask any of the current players who they think is the best player in the squad and they'll all say CYL ( LCY whatever )

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 pm

newcarsmell wrote:Ask any of the current players who they think is the best player in the squad and they'll all say CYL ( LCY whatever )
No worries

I'll pop up in abit and ask them
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:36 pm

newcarsmell wrote:Ask any of the current players who they think is the best player in the squad and they'll all say CYL ( LCY whatever )

I fb-messaged them all - and they all say it's Bogdan...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Lies, they told me it was Ream
Pfffft.