Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:34 pm

BL3 wrote:The 'sane amongst us' will also be aware that Crawley aren't in the Championship.
Get away

We lost to a team in the league above us, then

No shame there
Sto ut Serviam

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

BL3 wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:I'd imagine Dougie has had to create an atmosphere at the club where he has no preconceptions, the slate is wiped clean, you're all in contention, etc, etc. To follow through on such a promise he has to play tinkerman, at least at first. I would guess it's improved morale and team spirit no end, even if we've had to endure Pratley making the odd cameo as a consequence. Just conjecture but realistic conjecture.
I would imagine Petrov's spirit hasn't been improved 'no end', by not even making the squad for two of the last three games, or Spearing's, having been dropped so that a centre half could play in his position at Brighton.
Maybe he should just start with 16 players and keep everyone happy. Would that satisfy you BL3?

Prannock.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
BL3 wrote:The 'sane amongst us' will also be aware that Crawley aren't in the Championship.
Get away

We lost to a team in the league above us, then

No shame there
They're not in the Premier League either.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 pm

50sQuiff wrote:
BL3 wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:I'd imagine Dougie has had to create an atmosphere at the club where he has no preconceptions, the slate is wiped clean, you're all in contention, etc, etc. To follow through on such a promise he has to play tinkerman, at least at first. I would guess it's improved morale and team spirit no end, even if we've had to endure Pratley making the odd cameo as a consequence. Just conjecture but realistic conjecture.
I would imagine Petrov's spirit hasn't been improved 'no end', by not even making the squad for two of the last three games, or Spearing's, having been dropped so that a centre half could play in his position at Brighton.
Maybe he should just start with 16 players and keep everyone happy. Would that satisfy you BL3?

Prannock.
You can't keep everyone happy. Pick the best 11 and stick to it. It's not complicated.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Ah! But who's best eleven?

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:36 pm

I like Apples.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Wow.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:52 pm

BL3 wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Prannock.
You can't keep everyone happy. Pick the best 11 and stick to it. It's not complicated.
Why? Allardyce showed that when you have 3 games a week it is beneficial to make around 5/6 changes. He researched it.

We have a big squad, use it. Rather than play the same team week in week out whether it works or not and flog players to death before the end of the season.

Keeps everyone competitive and on their toes, rather than the majority knowing they are in come what may!

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm

You'd be annoyed if you lived in bl3 too!

BL2 whites :)
Troll and proud of it.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:57 pm

as wrote:You'd be annoyed if you lived in bl3 too!

BL2 whites :)
Where the cool kids live 8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 pm

BL3 wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Prannock.
What sort of message would that send to Petrov?

Make your mind up. :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 pm

And this is why I like him initially at least.....
It is not planned to keep making six changes but I feel it is a mixture of me seeing as many players as I can in different positions, and luckily we are picking up points at the same time, and it is a chance to freshen the squad up.

“I would like to settle a team down eventually but at this time I think you have to be ready to change at a drop of the hat and be bold. I can be bold and if I get it wrong I will tell you that I have got it wrong - I don’t have a magic wand and I can’t always get it right.

“I know tactically what I have in my dressing room and I have a fair idea about the intensity in this league, and I know that you have to bold and change things around. I am paid to make decisions and decisions will be made for the benefit of the fans to see a fresh team and a team that is at it and winning games.”

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:And this is why I like him initially at least.....
It is not planned to keep making six changes but I feel it is a mixture of me seeing as many players as I can in different positions, and luckily we are picking up points at the same time, and it is a chance to freshen the squad up.

“I would like to settle a team down eventually but at this time I think you have to be ready to change at a drop of the hat and be bold. I can be bold and if I get it wrong I will tell you that I have got it wrong - I don’t have a magic wand and I can’t always get it right.

“I know tactically what I have in my dressing room and I have a fair idea about the intensity in this league, and I know that you have to bold and change things around. I am paid to make decisions and decisions will be made for the benefit of the fans to see a fresh team and a team that is at it and winning games.”
We knew that, he's got a new staff.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 pm

He's a cocky fcuker

And likeable

And (seemingly) talented

I likes him...likes him a lot
Sto ut Serviam

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:We knew that, he's got a new staff.
I'm not convinced that's him, it's not a very good likeness!

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:58 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:

He's a cocky fcuker

And likeable

And (seemingly) talented

I likes him...likes him a lot

A manager who's straight-up, able to admit when he's got it wrong, and seems to know what he is doing. He couldn't be more different to Coyle.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Sponge wrote: A manager who's straight-up, able to admit when he's got it wrong, and seems to know what he is doing. He couldn't be more different to Coyle.
has he admitted getting anything wrong yet?? (just for the record?)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm

thebish wrote:
Sponge wrote: A manager who's straight-up, able to admit when he's got it wrong, and seems to know what he is doing. He couldn't be more different to Coyle.
Didn't he say something about him not picking the right side for the Brighton game?

Something about "not blaming the players for the position he had put them in"?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Didn't he say something about him not picking the right side for the Brighton game?

Something about "not blaming the players for the position he had put them in"?

I don't know - did he?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Freedman wrote:'We can't blame the players for the position I put them in'.
Though he didn't write it, he said it. :oops:

He also said,

'I am really looking forward to testing my ideas to see if they work. Maybe they were a fluke and I have fluked it for two years.'

Nice touch of humility?