Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:In fact I'd say given his higher PPG return statististically we're more likely to finish higher in the table with Dougie than with Coyle. Thats pretty indisputable.
I do so hate it BWFCi when somebody says something is indisputable when actually it is eminently disputable.

Take it away Hoss, over to you...
CrazyHorse wrote:Except for the small fact that under Dougie we're lower down the table now than when he took over.
So you are disputing that you are more likely to finish higher if you take more PPG......which is what I said.

Can you dispute that statement in any way?
Actually, I've re-read what you say. I'd misread it. What you say is pretty indisputable.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Has he made mistakes? yes
Has he learnt from them? sounds like it from interviews
Is DF more likely to get points than OC? yes

The rotation has involved a lot of players. We were the team who had used least players in championship this season, is that still the case? As certain players show they're up for it, or not, hopefully we can still use the squad but more selectively... and not repeat mistakes. Then there's the possibility of comings and goings in January.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:29 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Would you prefer to be 10th one point above the bottom 3 or 17th, thirty points clear?
Actually given the choice, I'd rather we were pushing for the top five instead of pissing about letting someone who still has wet ink on his coaching badges find his feet by experimenting with weird and wonderful tactics and formations.

But failing that then yeah, 17th with thirty points clear is the preferable option.
We can have both and I'm fully in agreement with you

Weird and wonderful?

Until Saturdays experiment with Davies wide left, I've not seen anything 'weird' either

Left midfield is clearly something thats proving an issue for him with a reluctance to play one of our left wingers and the other one out at Bury!
Sto ut Serviam

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 pm

N'gog there was a bit weird..

It's even more weird, when as you say, he's already got 3 wingers who are capable of playing down the left...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:43 pm

And played Petrov on the right at Blackpool

I'm a fan, but that one does baffle me

The rest of it, I can see what might be going on in his head
Sto ut Serviam

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10084374._/?

Andrews basically saying here that the players are being told to keep the ball, but the fans are too impatient. Dougie has hinted at the same.

Tombwfc summed up the at Reebok in his post when he described it as an 'angry father waiting for his child to make a misake'. Deathly silence only broken by moans when we don't 'get it forwards quickly' or a mistake is made.

I can see what we are trying to do, how we are trying to keep the ball more, restrict the opposition and pass our way into positions. It's the right thing to do. Yet all around me as we pass it along the back line you just hear 'get it forwards Knight you useless fecker'. Then we lose it and are under pressure. This is at 1-0 up.

These are the same people who moan when we do go long.

The lack of patience from the fans is poor.

The lack of strength of character from the players to be able to block out the idiots screaming at the from the sides seems equally as poor.

Something needs to change in both cases, in my opinion.
Whenever one of our back 4 pass it to another member of the back 4 the idiot sitting behind me always jumps up screaming "forward!!!" at the top of his voice. If I turn round to look at him then his head looks as though it will explode. The anger in him is immense. I get wound up myself by some of the sillier things our players do at times!!!! But not because one of our players has successfully passed the ball!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:34 pm

I reckon that there is room here for an interesting game. A bit like minesweepers. We all send our seat numbers in to Tango and he enters them onto a Reebok plan, and if anybody mentions idiots/morons/etc sitting behind/next to/in front/etc at any particular game in one of the match threads and that matches with a.n.other member of the forum they get a big explosion icon against them or summat.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I reckon that there is room here for an interesting game. A bit like minesweepers. We all send our seat numbers in to Tango and he enters them onto a Reebok plan, and if anybody mentions idiots/morons/etc sitting behind/next to/in front/etc at any particular game in one of the match threads and that matches with a.n.other member of the forum they get a big explosion icon against them or summat.
We need to do this, I love it! :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Patent pending © ® ™ obviously.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Duggie is ace, he is finding out about the team and will feck off some dead wood in the window and then the rest at the end of the season.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:07 pm

jaffka wrote:Duggie is ace, he is finding out about the team and will feck off some dead wood in the window and then the rest at the end of the season.
Not sure about ace? Welcome return of a 70's throw back there!
But I tend to agree.. He needs and wants to see everyone and I don't necessarily think that he expects much from this season any road , two year plan and all that, all as happens if we fluke up with half a shit squad is we get fecked right back down again.. I'd take steady improvement and promotion in a year or two from a better base with an improved squad and benefits of a couple of windows rather than panic buying through this one slinking all the cash and not making it up cos we had too much ground to make up and too much restructuring to do..
But I 'm quite a patient sort...
Any road us and Reading have never been isn't prem together so we'll not be going up until they come down..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:09 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
jaffka wrote:Duggie is ace, he is finding out about the team and will feck off some dead wood in the window and then the rest at the end of the season.
Not sure about ace? Welcome return of a 70's throw back there!
But I tend to agree.. He needs and wants to see everyone and I don't necessarily think that he expects much from this season any road , two year plan and all that, all as happens if we fluke up with half a shit squad is we get fecked right back down again.. I'd take steady improvement and promotion in a year or two from a better base with an improved squad and benefits of a couple of windows rather than panic buying through this one slinking all the cash and not making it up cos we had too much ground to make up and too much restructuring to do..
But I 'm quite a patient sort...
Any road us and Reading have never been isn't prem together so we'll not be going up until they come down..
We have for at least seasons.

Only win of Sammy Lee's reign was vs Reading.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Reading were in the premiership for two seasons first one they finished 3 points below us meaning we got in europe and they didnt :lol: , second season they beat us at the bok in september and then we went down there after christmas and stuffed them 3-0 (taylor missed apenalty) we survived just under Megson with a home win against Sunderland and an away draw at Chelsea while they went down having stuffed derby on the last day of the season. they were both great seasons in my book

Only win of Sammy Lee's reign was vs Reading.[/quote]
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Has he made mistakes? yes
Has he learnt from them? sounds like it from interviews
what mistakes has he made - and what has he learned? just to be clear...

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:54 pm

F*ck this season. It's a write-off. Coyle left us deeper in the shit than any of us realised, half our players couldn't give a shiny about the club, and Freedman hasn't been the miracle worker the morons expected.

Dougie's got two transfer windows to put together his squad, and push for promotion next season. I couldn't give a rats behind what BL3 says. Any sensible person, after the disaster that was the first two and a bit months of the season under Coyle, shouldn't be looking at getting promoted this season.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm

I didn't for 1 minute believe we were going up this season back in August. Now I know we're not going up. I do believe (& fervently hope) we'll be in a much better position a year from now than we would have been had Dougie not been appointed.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I didn't for 1 minute believe we were going up this season back in August. Now I know we're not going up. I do believe (& fervently hope) we'll be in a much better position a year from now than we would have been had Dougie not been appointed.
Oh wait for it BL3 is typing furiously :wink: about how we should be expecting to go up and that it's a complete disaster that we don't.

I was pro-Coyle and I don't mind if people want to bring up posts with evidence to the fact, however I think now we have to be pro-Dougie and get behind the side
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10086134._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Stat attack! Reading were only two points better off at the same stage of last season and ended up romping the Championship title.

If we are to get that particular bandwagon rolling then it may well require a little patience, or a major service in the January transfer window.
Last edited by TKIZ! on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 pm

I did think the plan was to "go up this season" - I think Garty described it as a necessity - whether I believed it would happen or not.

In that respect, Freedman made a strange choice in many respects as an "unknown" manager with little track record, but I thought that replacement of Coyle was predominantly because he didn't look like being about to deliver on the plan to get promoted (although it could also have been that he might have got us relegated)

I agree that it isn't looking even a remote possibility at the moment. I wonder if there'll be any "words" between Garty and Uncle Eddie if it doesn't happen, given that TV revenues in the Prem are due a significant hike next season...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:I didn't for 1 minute believe we were going up this season back in August. Now I know we're not going up. I do believe (& fervently hope) we'll be in a much better position a year from now than we would have been had Dougie not been appointed.
Oh wait for it BL3 is typing furiously :wink: about how we should be expecting to go up and that it's a complete disaster that we don't.

I think you have him confused with BWFCi - they both begin with B... so - easy mistake to make? :wink: