Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm trying to think of an appropriate answer to that.

feck off is all I' m coming up with so I'll hold back as you're a decent bloke TKIZ. :wink:
Last edited by Wandering Willy on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 pm

I think you're a decent fella as well, but if it's causing you so much grief :)
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Signing some form of psycholigist might help him out. Bunch of fannys that he has in that squad!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 am

There might be something in that.

I put it down to the home fans last week, but it was noticeable again yesterday that we absolutely shit ourselves immediately after Huddersfield scored both of their goals. We were well on top until their freak opener, at which point we stopped playing for the rest of the half. Then, after tearing them open at will for half an hour, when they equilised we jumped back into our shell and held on for a point.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 am

Tombwfc wrote:There might be something in that.

I put it down to the home fans last week, but it was noticeable again yesterday that we absolutely shit ourselves immediately after Huddersfield scored both of their goals. We were well on top until their freak opener, at which point we stopped playing for the rest of the half. Then, after tearing them open at will for half an hour, when they equilised we jumped back into our shell and held on for a point.
.managers italian tactics?

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:There might be something in that.

.managers italian tactics?

More likely down to the losing mentality developed over the past 18 months.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 am

So why hasn't he addressed it?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 am

boltonboris wrote:So why hasn't he addressed it?
Come on, keep up boris!
He just needs time.
One, maybe two years.
Businesswoman of the year.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 am

boltonboris wrote:So why hasn't he addressed it?
I'm sure he's working on it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I remember going to QPR away a handful of games into Allardyce's tenure. The turnaround was remarkable. A good set of players that had been shipping as many goals as they could score suddenly looked like a superb team. 1-0 away win, that we'd never have got only a few weeks previously. It'd probably have been 3-3 or something.

Just for the record.
That was 3 months in

It was a week and a bit after Walsall

I can't find our team, but its likely it included Gardner, Elliot, Cox, Bergsson, Jensen, Johansen, Bob Taylor - I reckon I could have got results from them :)
Not weighing in on the rest of the conversation, although it's the only one I've got time to study these days, but to answer CAPS' query: according to Soccerbase it was 15 Jan 2000. Jensen scored the winner on 64 minutes. Our lineup – I won't attempt formation – was:

S Banks, J O'Kane, D Holden, J Phillips, G Bergsson, M Whitlow, M Johansen, C Jensen, F Passi, D Holdsworth (B Taylor 88), E Gudjohnsen (D Holloway 84) – unused subs J Jaaskelainen, H Aljofree, B Hansen.

So with six minutes remaining, he took off the frankly brilliant Eidur Gudjohnsen and brought on workmanlike defensive utility belt Darren Holloway. Allardyce out, etc.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 pm

The next four games are going to be crucial in the run-up to the start of the campaign to try to begin to reach the potential places below the play-offs. The hardest of the four will be the first against Charlton, but at least we're at home. Frankly the following three (Posh, Owls and Brummies) should be pieces of piss. Twelve points from twelve can never be guaranteed obviously, but they are amongst the easiest twelve we could ever try and garner in a row this season. Even then if we got all twelve points, and although mathematically possible to place us in the play-off places, it is probable we would still only be 7th, 8th or 9th. For each of the next four that we draw or lose however, the greater the ignominy will feel, and if we get less than eight points I might have to commit seppuku - that, or have a rant on here.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I remember going to QPR away a handful of games into Allardyce's tenure. The turnaround was remarkable. A good set of players that had been shipping as many goals as they could score suddenly looked like a superb team. 1-0 away win, that we'd never have got only a few weeks previously. It'd probably have been 3-3 or something.

Just for the record.
That was 3 months in

I can't find our team, but its likely it included Gardner, Elliot, Cox, Bergsson, Jensen, Johansen, Bob Taylor - I reckon I could have got results from them :)
ENot weighing in on the rest of the conversation, although it's the only one I've got time to study these days, but to answer CAPS' query: according to Soccerbase it was 15 Jan 2000. Jensen scored the winner on 64 minutes. Our lineup – I won't attempt formation – was:

S Banks, J O'Kane, D Holden, J Phillips, G Bergsson, M Whitlow, M Johansen, C Jensen, F Passi, D Holdsworth (B Taylor 88), E Gudjohnsen (D Holloway 84) – unused subs J Jaaskelainen, H Aljofree, B Hansen.

So with six minutes remaining, he took off the frankly brilliant Eidur Gudjohnsen and brought on workmanlike defensive utility belt Darren Holloway. Allardyce out, etc.
Slightly off topic but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on here; does anyone else know that Frank Passi is the assistant manager at Marseille?

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:16 pm

enrdentw wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

Just for the record.
That was 3 months in

ENot weighing in on the rest of the conversation, although it's the only one I've got time to study these days, but to answer CAPS' query: according to Soccerbase it was 15 Jan 2000. Jensen scored the winner on 64 minutes. Our lineup – I won't attempt formation – was:

Slightly off topic but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on here; does anyone else know that Frank Passi is the assistant manager at Marseille?
Imagine working with Joey Barton EVERY day!
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:

Just for the record.
That was 3 months in

Not weighing in on the rest of the conversation, although it's the only one I've got time to study these days, but to answer CAPS' query: according to Soccerbase it was 15 Jan 2000. Jensen scored the winner on 64 minutes. Our lineup – I won't attempt formation – was:

Also off-topic from the off-topic but I thought I remembered most but Darren Holloway??

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:26 pm

On loan from Sunderland, I think
Sto ut Serviam

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Was that not Allan Johnstone? Thought we got Holloway from QPR?
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Caps is right. He weren't up to much

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:53 pm

enrdentw wrote:Slightly off topic but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on here; does anyone else know that Frank Passi is the assistant manager at Marseille?
Frank Passi probably knows. :D

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:59 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Was that not Allan Johnstone? Thought we got Holloway from QPR?
Suspect Allardyce was pumping Reid for favours

Johnston, Holloway, Summerbee and Freedgard
Sto ut Serviam

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 am

DOUGIE Freedman has assured supporters that Wanderers’ season is about to take a turn for the better.
Despite James Vaughan stealing a late point for Huddersfield – a fifth draw in seven games under the new manager’s stewardship – Freedman was complimentary about the way his side had played at the John Smith’s Stadium.
Mark Davies and Chris Eagles had put the Whites ahead with 10 minutes to go but, for the eighth time this campaign, they failed to hold on to all three points.
That did not deter Freedman from praising their performance, however, or dent his confidence that draws will soon be turned into victories.
“I’m very proud to be a part of that team,” he said. “I hope the 2,000 fans who came along liked what they saw.
“I know the result wasn’t there but you can’t keep on despairing about the result, that will come, you have to worry about your performances.
“And to have put in such a wonderful performance, to have shown the fans exactly the way football should be played, the desire and the effort, I’m disappointed for the players really.
“But if we continue to play like that, the season will turn.”
Freedman vowed to stick by his principles with his side sitting in 18th position, seven points off the play-offs and 15 behind his former club Crystal Palace in second place.
Had Wanderers managed to hold on to the leads they have earned in games this season, they would be top of the Championship and 21 points better off.
Coyle must have left one of his aftermatch scripts in his desk drawer.