Wanderers v Charlton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wanderers v Charlton

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:34 am

An observation too on Butterfield. He's a neat & tidy player and he takes up positions where he's difficult to pick up. But he's neither here nor there between midfield & attack. Was too far away from both sets when we had the ball rendering himself ineffective.

I like the look of him and I'm sure he'll improve with every minute he plays. Good feet and a nice touch, but I think this position needs somebody a little more direct in their play. Eagles or Mark Davies are the better choice IMO.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:59 am

boltonboris wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Only just back in.. most has already been said. Boring game with to many silly mistakes. The booing is a feckin joke! what must the players and Dougie think of the fans? We need to wake up and smell the coffee! we are not going to bulldoze every team in this league. 1 loss in 8 and we boo our team.. fantastic! Fans need to get behind the team now and be patient whilst Dougie is working on things and changing our style etc.. he didn't put us in this mess so why boo the guy when he has only been here 2 minutes and is doing a decent job in turning us in the right direction IMO.

We lacked a cutting edge today, it was sideways pass after sideways pass. We was crying out for someone like N'gog to come on and be strong on the ball and turn them inside out and actually get at there defence. The annoying thing for me was that every time we got it out wide we played it back inside and just messed things up.. nobody wanted to have a crack at goal and just turned around and passed it back or sideways or gave it away.

We are a much better organised and look more solid as a team now and I can see what Dougie is trying to do but these things take time and come January with a few additions I think we will make the playoffs. The next few games are against struggling sides and hopefully we can push on now.

One last thing, according to our announcer David Ngeeo scored twice today! as if he doesn't know how to pronounce Ngog's name :lol:
If you can see what they're trying to do, why criticise them for a patient build up. This is our style now. Other teams get lauded for it. We're getting criticised. By our own. A sideways pass is more effective than a forward lump. We were trying to force the passes particularly for the 20 minutes between the break. It wasn't working, so we just keep tapping away. I like what I saw.

I'm not criticising the patient build up Boris. I am criticising the fact that none of the players seemed to want to run into space and give the player with the ball an option and therefore we ended up sideways passing Charlton to death without actually penetrating them until we eventually gave it away with a sloppy pass. The game needed someone like N'gog to come on and run at them. What is the point in passing sideways all the time? Patient buildup is fine aslong as you get into the oppositions box every now and again which we failed to do most of the game.

Like you, I am happy with how Dougie is changing how we play but we was lacking against Charlton IMO.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 am

Forgettable game but enjoyed leading a merry band of sane folk against some idiot who insisted on shouting, "FORWARD!!" during our first spell of possession on half way line.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:31 am

Athers wrote:Forgettable game but enjoyed leading a merry band of sane folk against some idiot who insisted on shouting, "FORWARD!!" during our first spell of possession on half way line.
Where were you sat? It was either near me or there are multiple 'FORWARD!' shouting idiots.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Same thing in the ESL..

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 pm

The FORWARD thing is aimed at Andrews who appears incapable of making a pass to anyone in an advanced position

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Athers wrote:Forgettable game but enjoyed leading a merry band of sane folk against some idiot who insisted on shouting, "FORWARD!!" during our first spell of possession on half way line.
Where were you sat? It was either near me or there are multiple 'FORWARD!' shouting idiots.
North upper, middle-ish, about 10 rows up
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Playing like shite, but still the first three points from a sequential run of twelve.
N'gog scoring, even though he should have been a llama farmer rather than a footballer.
Slow and steady progress peoples!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:06 pm

newcarsmell wrote:The FORWARD thing is aimed at Andrews who appears incapable of making a pass to anyone in an advanced position
Andrews is there to win it back. He then gives it to someone else to drive is forwards.

It's the role countless top players down the year have performed at various clubs.

Don't see the issue myself.

Been impressed with Andrews since Dougie took over though I'm led to believe Saturday wasn't his best game.

Certainly we look a poorer side when he's not playing.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Aye, I'm also a fan of Andrews. Marks his man well, wins it and plays it simple to better footballers.

As he should do. Too many of our fans expect fireworks from every player.

Disciplined team player? Booooooooooooooo

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
newcarsmell wrote:The FORWARD thing is aimed at Andrews who appears incapable of making a pass to anyone in an advanced position
Andrews is there to win it back. He then gives it to someone else to drive is forwards.

It's the role countless top players down the year have performed at various clubs.

Don't see the issue myself.

Been impressed with Andrews since Dougie took over though I'm led to believe Saturday wasn't his best game.

Certainly we look a poorer side when he's not playing.
With some midfielders, such as Andrews in the system Dougie plays, it's probably more about being available to receive the ball as much as possible than it is about being creative, he can leave that sort of thing to the midfielders in front of him.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:04 pm

boltonboris wrote:Aye, I'm also a fan of Andrews. Marks his man well, wins it and plays it simple to better footballers.

:lol:

Boooooooooooo!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:46 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Aye, I'm also a fan of Andrews. Marks his man well, wins it and plays it simple to better footballers.

Boooooooooooo!
Bandwagon jumpers the lot of ya! Booooooooooooooooooooo
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

Boooooooooooo!
I thought booing was the new cheering :conf:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Booing is what a dyslexic sheep does.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

Boooooooooooo!
I thought booing was the new cheering :conf:
Well precisely. Hence why I was cheering you on by booing you because you'd booed Boltonboris for booing Andrews. No? If my logic is correct, all of that booing was ironic as booing is the new cheering - hence why I've further complimented you by calling you bandwagon jumpers! Do try and keep up with the times, it's hard work being post-modern.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Booing is what a dyslexic sheep does.
and is a dyslexic sheep a bandwagon jumper too?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Come over here let me shake your hand.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:11 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Come over here let me shake your hand.
If you really want to show your appreciation you need to boo me :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Point of order here. two things:

1) A dyslexic sheep will still baa. You'd be after a sheep with a speech impediment.
2) I don't think a dyslexic sheeep would necessarily boo or baa just because of its dyslexia. Indeed, I suspect it may indeed be against baaing/booing.
3) There wasn't meant to be a third point, but surely it does more than just boo, such as eat grass and get sheared for nice woolly christmas jumpers, no?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.