The Birmingham City Blues At Home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Birmingham City Blues At Home

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:04 pm

http://www.livefootball.com/football/en ... mpionship/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Up to 14th, can catch Leeds if we beat em on Tuesday, but could be 19th if we lose. VERY tight league, anything can happen yet.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Leeds are in a poor run of form...surely not two on the bounce?

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm going to refrain from saying "Great win", Because in my opinion it isn't. It's a result that was needed, No other result would have done for me today, Job done. Keeps us within reaching distance of the top half and if, And that's a very big if, We can manage to string a few results together we should be mixing it with the playoff places soon enough. But we're talking about Bolton Wanderers here and it's never that easy is it.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm in England at the moment. Will the goals be shown on television tonight or tomorrow?

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Sponge wrote:I'm in England at the moment. Will the goals be shown on television tonight or tomorrow?

You should get them on sky sports news in the next hour or so.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
Sponge wrote:I'm in England at the moment. Will the goals be shown on television tonight or tomorrow?

Ah, no Sky. Thanks anyway.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Sponge wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:

BBC 1 around midnight after match of the day :)

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Sponge wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:

Look outside then :roll:

:wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Decent performance.....3 much needed points.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Decent performance.....3 much needed points.
Yes agree - most played well today, especially Alonso, Pratley, CYL & Spearing - need some consistency now from both the players and the manager.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:06 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:I'm going to refrain from saying "Great win", Because in my opinion it isn't.
In mine it is. Side under pressure to perform, they did and got three points.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:need some consistency now from both the players and the manager.
That might bear being expanded on a little!

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Yes agree - most played well today, especially Alonso, Pratley, CYL & Spearing - need some consistency now from both the players and the manager.
Agree that these played well and also surprising myself in saying how well Ream played. Went along with the lowest of expectations which looked like being borne out part way through the first half. Then they clicked into gear with the players that we all were less than excited about seeing on the team sheet being particularly prominent.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:16 pm

bettyrasta wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Agree that these played well and also surprising myself in saying how well Ream played. Went along with the lowest of expectations which looked like being borne out part way through the first half. Then they clicked into gear with the players that we all were less than excited about seeing on the team sheet being particularly prominent.
Ream and Eagles also played ok.

In terms of consistency from the manager, I mean stop changing things around just for the sake of it and try and get some confidence by playing a settled side, wins breed confidence - he should play this side again at Leeds, I'm not saying they will get a result at Leeds, but players should be rewarded for good performances by keeping their places....

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 pm

newboy wrote:Considering 7 of the starting line up are Coyle's signings should prove what a useless twonk he was and how much of the clubs money he wasted.
Let's chalk that victory up to Owen then, or is he only responsible for the defeats?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:27 pm

BL3 wrote:
newboy wrote:Considering 7 of the starting line up are Coyle's signings should prove what a useless twonk he was and how much of the clubs money he wasted.
Let's chalk that victory up to Owen then, or is he only responsible for the defeats?
BL3 give it a rest fella - I've been known for the odd wind up or two, but there's no need for this after a good much needed win.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:28 pm

We played well, for 90 minutes. We were well on top when they scored. And continued in that manner.

No point getting carried away, they were absolutely the worst side I've seen at the Reebok this season. Quite how we managed to lose to them earlier in the season I never know.....

We played lovely free flowing football. Pass and move stuff. It was a joy to watch. But they let us. Whereas Wednesday didn't. Bottom line is whether we can do that against a more organised physical side.

Credit where it's due Alonso was excellent today. However the lad can't defend for toffee. And therein lies the issue. A better side would have exposed him today as Brum did a couple of times but we got away with it due to their general lack of well, anything resembling a football team.

Kevin Davies was outstanding as were, Andrews, Spearing, Pratley and Lee.

Pratley was probably stand out for me but it's a tough call between any of those mentioned above.

I really hope it is the start of something, but I don't think this group of players have consistency in them.

But hey it's 3 vital points and January is nearly here. A few more battlers in there and we might just have something.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Very pleasing performance.

MotM was Spearing for me although as said, Alonso, CYL, Ream & Pratley all had good games too.

Easy to see what DF is trying to do when it's going well. 7 or 8 consecutive passes before Mears crossed to Alonso for the first. The keep ball session at the end that involved about 20+ passes was beautiful to watch.

Only blemish for me today was Zat Knight's seeming loss of form. He was poor on the goal and this playing from the back doesn't suit him as his distribution is so bad. Something Ream excelled at today imo
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
bettyrasta wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

In terms of consistency from the manager, I mean stop changing things around just for the sake of it and try and get some confidence by playing a settled side, wins breed confidence - he should play this side again at Leeds, I'm not saying they will get a result at Leeds, but players should be rewarded for good performances by keeping their places....
Fred Eyre on GMR made a similar point. Pick a balanced team and play players in their best positions and funnily enough we look better.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:31 pm

BL3 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
bettyrasta wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

Fred Eyre on GMR made a similar point. Pick a balanced team and play players in their best positions and funnily enough we look better.
It's not like it's the first time he's ever picked a side like that. You criticised him only a week or so ago for leaving Petrov out. So should Petrov have played today?