How long should a manager get?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: How long should a manager get?

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:17 pm

ChrisC wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:can I restart my Boothroyd campaign please ?
Only if we can restart our bwfcdan94 campaign :)
very funny :wink:
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:57 pm

thebish wrote:and their "management" skill is to get the best out of the resources available to them
In essence this is fair comment, however, utilising available resources will include restructuring, retraining, offsets against depreciation, disposals and acquisitions and much more. A business that's been in decline for five years and finds itself in derelict condition, will need a period set aside to address the issues and put in place a viable model.

Of course we could have gotten in one of those charmed miracle workers like............... Oh I know, Harry Rednapp!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 am

Enoch wrote: Of course we could have gotten in one of those charmed miracle workers like............... Oh I know, Harry Rednapp!

Wash your mouth out with soap and water :whack:

Jacob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:19 pm

I think DF needs to really force his way onto Bolton. I don't think that has happened yet as he is to busy to get results.
It will be interesting if he can bring ppl in over January to help the cause.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Wash your mouth out with soap and water :whack:
Sorry, I couldn't find the ironic emoticon. Maybe I should have used this one. :wink:

Or this one. :?

Or maybe just been honest and used this one. :pissed:

It won't happen again. :oops:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:59 pm

:D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:14 pm

My opinion remains the same as when we appointed him. The play-offs are a an absolute bare minimum requirement for the new manager, otherwise it was pretty much pointless removing the old one. We were never going down.

Bollox to all this "needs time" malarky, football clubs like ours don't have limitless amounts of time. The end of the season we need to be in or around the promotion shake-up. Otherwise we can start advertising the start of the fire sale on the first of July 2013 now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:My opinion remains the same as when we appointed him. The play-offs are a an absolute bare minimum requirement for the new manager, otherwise it was pretty much pointless removing the old one. We were never going down.

Bollox to all this "needs time" malarky, football clubs like ours don't have limitless amounts of time. The end of the season we need to be in or around the promotion shake-up. Otherwise we can start advertising the start of the fire sale on the first of July 2013 now.
We still might! And Coyle could easily have taken us down given a season or two!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:My opinion remains the same as when we appointed him. The play-offs are a an absolute bare minimum requirement for the new manager, otherwise it was pretty much pointless removing the old one. We were never going down.

I agree. I don't subscribe to this theory that Dougie should be given time to build his own team. On Five Live this afternoon, David Pleat said that managers should be able to work with the players they inherit and shouldn't expect the luxury of time. If we don't go up this season it's going to be much more difficult next season. Looks like QPR are doomed and if they go down, they'll piss this league next season with Redknapp in charge.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:57 pm

BL3 wrote:

I agree. I don't subscribe to this theory that Dougie should be given time to build his own team. On Five Live this afternoon, David Pleat said that managers should be able to work with the players they inherit and shouldn't expect the luxury of time. If we don't go up this season it's going to be much more difficult next season. Looks like QPR are doomed and if they go down, they'll piss this league next season with Redknapp in charge.
they go down - redknapp will be off....

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 pm

BL3 wrote:

Hold on.. You just said managers shouldn't get time. If that is the case and Redknapp can't keep them up with that multi million pound squad then he should be sacked.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 pm

BL3 wrote:

You listen to what David Pleat says. An awful lot makes sense now.......

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:05 am

He need to sign his own players, yes. Because the squad probably needs improving.

However, he's already signed one. Yet seen fit to make him 3rd choice behind a player who some fans can't wait to see the back of and another who's constantly berated for being the worst player we've ever had.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 am

BL3 wrote:

Ah the omniscient Pleaty has spoken. We must listen and learn for he is a man of great wisdom.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:35 pm

QPR will stay up there are some very bad teams in that league this season are team from last season would be more than fine in the current premiership.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Dan. Grow up, get a life or feck off.

Just pick one and do it :roll:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:56 pm

have done already

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 pm

You're still here, so I'm hoping it is the first one. Just stop typing shit on every thread.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:You're still here, so I'm hoping it is the first one. Just stop typing.
Fixed that for you :)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:01 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:You're still here, so I'm hoping it is the first one. Just stop typing.
Fixed that for you :)
That'd be hoping for too much :lol: