FA Cup 2012/2013 - Third Round.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: FA Cup 2012/2013 - Third Round.

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:04 am

we need to win this as promotion is a long way away but I fear O"niels boys are gonna be to good for us. if it is a re kids VS their kids we will win but if it is reserves or first team we will lose. could be a good game to bring Holden back for as he used to play for their youth team before some Geordie t**t put an end to that.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

madmarx
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by madmarx » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Good luck today. It will be a shite affair and a narrow win either way, We are generally shite, very tired at present, have a squad smaller than can be tolerated in the top flight and cattermole , Oshea and Brown are all out . That being said if we start to move it around you might get hammered because in the brief moments we have played with confidence the quick break play has been very aggressive and Fletch is clinical . Our potential to give soft goals away ( which would have been more apparent if Mignolete wasn't so good) has not deserted us though, so anything could happen really .

Hope to Christ its not a draw, couldn't stand a cold Tuesday looking at 50 of you lot. :wink:

All the best , happy new year and i hope your season picks up .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Nice to see you back Madmarx. In reality, we haven't a clue what will happen today. Very up and down, play well at times but keep an eternally "Christmas present" spirit about giving soft goals away. Good luck anyway but I think we might just nick this one (crosses everything crossable). :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Nice to see you back Madmarx. In reality, we haven't a clue what will happen today. Very up and down, play well at times but keep an eternally "Christmas present" spirit about giving soft goals away. Good luck anyway but I think we might just nick this one (crosses everything crossable). :wink:

I have! we'll get royally dicked!! if you updated to Windows 7, you'd see that clearly! :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Nice to see you back Madmarx. In reality, we haven't a clue what will happen today. Very up and down, play well at times but keep an eternally "Christmas present" spirit about giving soft goals away. Good luck anyway but I think we might just nick this one (crosses everything crossable). :wink:

I have! we'll get royally dicked!! if you updated to Windows 7, you'd see that clearly! :wink:
:lol:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:07 pm

madmarx wrote:Good luck today. It will be a shite affair and a narrow win either way, We are generally shite, very tired at present, have a squad smaller than can be tolerated in the top flight and cattermole , Oshea and Brown are all out . That being said if we start to move it around you might get hammered because in the brief moments we have played with confidence the quick break play has been very aggressive and Fletch is clinical . Our potential to give soft goals away ( which would have been more apparent if Mignolete wasn't so good) has not deserted us though, so anything could happen really .

Hope to Christ its not a draw, couldn't stand a cold Tuesday looking at 50 of you lot. :wink:

All the best , happy new year and i hope your season picks up .
that is probably a good thing considering his disciplinary record, hope wheats is back for this because you know being a Redcar boy this would be the sort of game he would crave (mind you he would probably get sent off as well). I was going to say with Fletcher in your team I am worried that he will be one of hundreds of strikers in the last few years to exploit our leak happy defense.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Lonergan,
Riley, Knight, Ricketts, Alonso,
Chung-Yong, Andrews, Pratley, Petrov,
Ngog, Sordell

Bogdan, Mears, Ream, K Davies, Eagles, Spearing, Lester
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:07 pm

Sordell to bag a hatrick and Sunderland to buy him for 20 million :pissed:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:08 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:we need to win
This is as far away from a must win game as we've had for a while. Personally I think this will be a case of whoever wants it the most. Just glad to see that we've got players coming in from the wilderness that have got a point to prove (Riley for example).

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Mar wrote:
This is as far away from a must win game as we've had for a while. Personally I think this will be a case of whoever wants it the most. Just glad to see that we've got players coming in from the wilderness that have got a point to prove (Riley for example).
Whilst it would be nice to get a cup run, I'd rather win next weeks, the week after etc.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:Lonergan,
Riley, Knight, Ricketts, Alonso,
Chung-Yong, Andrews, Pratley, Petrov,
Ngog, Sordell

Bogdan, Mears, Ream, K Davies, Eagles, Spearing, Lester
With general injuries and Wanock and Butterfield gone and Mark Davies out, most of that was pretty predictable, although I hope it's not a straight 4-4-2. Lester?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Mar wrote:
Whilst it would be nice to get a cup run, I'd rather win next weeks, the week after etc.
Need to shake off a losing mentality though. A win would probably do much for confidence.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Mar wrote:
I agree. Usually when we get knocked out of the cup its a week off for the players but now we'll be playing regardless of whether we get through to the next round. I'd like us to win and go through to the next round solely on the basis i'd like to see us playing someone we've not played in a while.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Game's apparently on Five Live or something, ( and I'm assuming Tower too) so no need for relaying commentary today?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Game's apparently on Five Live or something, ( and I'm assuming Tower too) so no need for relaying commentary today?
Wouldn't be match day without your updates, Tango. :)

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Game's apparently on Five Live or something, ( and I'm assuming Tower too) so no need for relaying commentary today?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:28 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
+ 1

No commentary in the desert :(

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:32 pm

big opportunity for Sordell, this...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
+ 1

No commentary in the desert :(
Okay, no bother, I'll stick the comments up.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks Tango. You're a leg end :D