Millwall/Peterborough ticket offer

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Millwall/Peterborough ticket offer

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:There is a reason the club do this rather than just offer £5/£10 tickets to everyone for selected league games.........

Because when they did that previously they had complaints from a lot of season ticket holders saying that "non season ticket holders were disadvantaged with the offer as it didn't benefit them". This way there is a saving, it benefits season ticket holders because they can bring a friend or a wife or a kid who wouldn't normally go and also benefits the extra fans able to go.

I suspect the club can't win.
That didn't make sense, I don't think. Didn't you mean "non season ticket holders were disadvantaged with the offer as it didn't benefit them". ?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:There is a reason the club do this rather than just offer £5/£10 tickets to everyone for selected league games.........

Because when they did that previously they had complaints from a lot of season ticket holders saying that "non season ticket holders were disadvantaged with the offer as it didn't benefit them". This way there is a saving, it benefits season ticket holders because they can bring a friend or a wife or a kid who wouldn't normally go and also benefits the extra fans able to go.

I suspect the team can't win.
Changed that for you :)

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 pm

That's just pure gibberish. How would 'non-season ticket holders' be disadvantaged by an offer that they could take advantage of?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

That didn't make sense, I don't think. Didn't you mean "non season ticket holders were disadvantaged with the offer as it didn't benefit them". ?
Yes sorry that, thanks!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Yes sorry that, thanks!
It still makes no sense. Season ticket holders could get priority like they do for cup tickets, before they go on general sale.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm

BL3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Yes sorry that, thanks!
It still makes no sense. Season ticket holders could get priority like they do for cup tickets, before they go on general sale.
Tell the club not me.

As a season ticket holder I don't care if they want to offer £5 entry for some games to boost gates. But apparently other season ticket holders do, which is why this offer is now done in this way. They have to run the line of not alienating their most loyal fans, whilst also trying to encourage new ones. People will complain either way, so as I said, on things like this the club just cannot win.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Tell the club not me.
If you're not interested don't respond. It's not complicated.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:21 pm

BL3 wrote:
I was merely clarifying why the offer is structured in the way it is.........

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:23 pm

BL3 wrote:
Mr. Grumpy Face.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:their most loyal fans
There it is. There's the phrase I've been waiting for.
I've just got a full house on my crying season ticket holders bingo game.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:30 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Thats how the club sees it anyhow....

As a season ticket holder I'm not bothered what they charge. I'd welcome more fans in and a better atomosphere any day, and not be worrying personally about what they've paid to get in compared to me.

But plenty don't think like that.

Its like any business you want new customers but don't want to lose the ones you've built up over the years.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Damn... I just missed out, I've still got "bums on seats" left.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Did 'thick & thin' already got called?
Dammit !

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Because when they did that previously they had complaints from a lot of season ticket holders saying that "season ticket holders were disadvantaged with the offer as it didn't benefit them". This way there is a saving, it benefits season ticket holders because they can bring a friend or a wife or a kid who wouldn't normally go and also benefits the extra fans able to go.

We can't, that's why we're playing Milwall.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Surely they need to sell them to season ticket holders so they've got a bit of security that the people in the seats are Bolton fans? If they sold them on general sale, why would the Milwall fans bother to sit in the away end?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Astute observation Andy Waller!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:21 pm

They've still got to pay their way up here. If they'd offered us £10 tickets down there, i doubt we'd have taken many more than we did.

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Andy Waller wrote:Surely they need to sell them to season ticket holders so they've got a bit of security that the people in the seats are Bolton fans? If they sold them on general sale, why would the Milwall fans bother to sit in the away end?
Why, what's wrong with Millwall fans? :conf:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:30 pm

I go to the New Den a couple of times most seasons, I don't think they're as bad as their reputation.

Apart from the women, they're ferocious!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:40 pm

BL3 wrote:
don't respond. It's not complicated.
With just a tiny teak, that seems to me to be very good advice...