Millwall @ The Reebok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Millwall @ The Reebok

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote: Differant commentators saying differant things. Jack Deardon and Phil Brown saying Ngog is MOM up to now and would be a big loss if he goes off.
Thats just tango
SKD is class and Ngog is shit
I'm relaying radio comments ffs.

Was gonna mention it a few weeks ago Dont think i'v ever heard you say a bad word about Skd You slate Ngog at every opportunity

That's absolute bollox. I'll repeat: I'm relaying what radio commentators say. I've seen one game on a stream this season and the rest heard on radio. Only thing in my favour, I hardly ever miss the match one way or another. I have no idea who's good, bad or indifferent except by radio or those who went to the game. Have you seen N'gog being good or KD being bad, or are you just surmising? Me, I listen, repeat what's said (not for my own amusement or the pleasure of typing but for the benefit of those with no commentary). I read the media reports which are, in the main, far more unbiased than some of our own fans and that's it. I'd be quite happy to just sit back and listen to the game and not bother. I'm sure not taking any shxt about passing on a radio commentary, bet your life on that buddy.[/quote]

Touchy, truth hurts i suppose

Yup i'm just going off the radio the same as you , have you seen SKD being good?

Oh and i listen to it on WP so it makes no odds to me pal
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Agree with Jedi here. I'm ready for potentially a long period out of the Premiership. We certainly aint getting back there this year and I suspect next year would be too soon even if Dougie managed to make wholesale changes. Barring us getting significantly worse, then lets give DF his 3 years and see where we are then.

Just another dip on the BWFC roller coaster
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:26 pm

In a team who have conceded a lot of soft goals and penalties this season, I have to say that one today probably takes the biscuit for most disgraceful.

On top for most of the game but we are just not getting enough good shots on goal. We lead the division for shots on target but they're not of a good enough quality. Kevin Davies had one of his more statue-like days, when it came to his feet it was like he was playing at half speed compared to N'gog and the rest.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:37 pm

The squad is good enough to get promoted, though a lack of potent goal scorer is ruining our season. We need someone to get us a regular stream of goals. Last night, Jordan Rhodes was feeding on scraps all night and yet he was still threatening at all times. We provide enough chances for our strikers but, unlike Rhodes, they have absolutely no instinct in front of goal.

Whatever people think of Davies and N'Gog, we can all agree that neither is the natural goalscorer we can rely on.

Getting rid of Klasnic was a huge mistake.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Not long back. I thought a draw was a fair result. We still look way too vulnerable in the middle at the back. Ream's mistake was a shocker and Knight's early seasons form has deserted him. A real shame as Ricketts playerd well and Alonso was MotM for me.

Agree on Eagles. Another who's early season form has deserted him but pains me to see folk giving him dogs abuse. Surprised on Worthy's verdict of CYL. I thought he looked back to his best and was one of the few who came out of the 1st half with any credit.

Up front today was poor. We KNOW Shittu is good at the physical side but lacking on the floor or against pace. This wasn't the game therefore for SKD who won next to nowt against him. Ngog worked hard but sorry, for me he's another Petrov, I keep waiting for it all to click for him but it's just not going to is it?

Finally. The officials. Have we seen a worse set this season? :whack:

+1. I'm with the Genshaw
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Id swap all 4 of the strikers today for ivan :(

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:47 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Id swap all 4 of the strikers today for ivan :(
Me too. Was also incredibly surprised that Cravies wasn't on the bench whilst Eaves was
Pfffft.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:53 pm

I shiver every time I see Ngog AND SKD together. I actually rate both in their own ways (although with Kev it comes down as much to nostalgia as anything else) although its obvious Ngog offers us a lot more (if not quite enough) in front of goal and so pips it for me.

Personally feel its between Craig Davies and Sordell to battle it amongst themselves who partners Ngog when we line up 4-4-2 but who knows. If either of them can prove themselves half way prolific than I STILL have some hope for this season. However the decision has to be made soon and at least come January's end, the decision needs to be consistant.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Just got back in and half of me didn't want to open this thread.

A draw was a fair result. They came for a point and offered nothing, but kept it tight at the back. Why on earth Ream played the ball to a man surrounded by 3 blue shirts was utterly beyond me, but after the penalty, we never really looked like conceeding.

Having said that, neither did we look like scoring. There's been a lot of abuse directed at Eagles today, but I'm not sure that's entirely fair. As an opposition manager, you would have looked at our team sheet today and given a team talk that was basically "Stop their only flair player - Eagles". They did that very effectively and when he did break out there were no runners in front of him.

Shittu is slow and can't turn, it's no huge secret, the bloke has been around for years. Our team talk should therefore have been "Play balls on the floor between the centre backs" and we should have started with some pace up front. We did this twice in the first half and it worked. For some reason, we then stopped doing it and reverted to that lazy floated diagonal ball for the next 50 minutes.

For me, the next 2 matches will shape the season. Unless we string 2 wins together, we are mid table fodder until the end of the season. That's not Dougie's fault, its down to the fact that we have a squad with little creativity. I for one am happy to give him the time to sort it out.

Ive not read through all the pages but thought New Boy Davies would at least have been on the bench??! Any reason for him not being?

On an final note, it was rather unpleaant to note that the animals from Sarf Laaarnden continue to act like day trippers from Rampton. It kicked off good style at the train station and apparently again after the match on the A6.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Kicked off a Bolton station, this time however it was some little Wanderers herberts taking their small frustations on a Millwall supporting Father and son, son only looked about 12
Pfffft.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:23 pm

norm the jedi wrote:up to now he's largely been playing with another blokes deck...
That old excuse again.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:32 pm

And so it begins... :roll:

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 pm

No complaints from me, our best second half for a long while and, for once, no questions could be asked about our effort or desire. We were a terrific clearance away from getting all three points and created plenty of half chances and played with some a decent tempo.

Granted it was a poor start and Ream had a nightmare in the lead up to the goal, but he responded pretty well to it and we looked reasonably safe after that apart from allowing a little too many shots from distance in the first half.

Lacking in application but we at least saw 100% effort and you can't ask for more than that IMO.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm surprised Knight hasn't been criticised more for his stupid tackle. Ream gave the ball away but Knight's challenge was the definition of clumsy and reckless. Just incredibly gormless play from him. The sooner Knight is replaced with Wheater, the better.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:17 pm

I don't think a run in the 2nd Division is the way forward. An improved defense is what's needed and hopefully Nu-Davies to be the clinical sort.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:29 pm

truewhite15 wrote:And so it begins... :roll:
As much as I hate to say it he does have a point. The squad that Freedman inherited is likely to represent the best squad he will have at this club, on paper at least. He's doing scarcely better with them than Coyle did. I know some people here won't entertain criticism of the manager this early on but there are a few warning signs beginning to appear. It's also somewhat disconcerting that the criteria used judge Coyle is not being applied to Freedman at this stage. I do not buy the 'he needs to build his own squad' argument, a good manager should be able to work with what he's got plus one or two others. There's a very real danger that by allowing Freedman to dismantle the team it will be replaced by a posse of low fee, low wage journeymen.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Was a strange game. Seen us play a lot worse. But it's clear (to me at least) that's there's not enough work being done at the training ground on the basics. The central midfielders are ok individually, but as a partnership, they're poor. No cohesion between them and always too far apart.

Players looking at one another when we get set piece like "well, who the fvcks taking this?".

The first sub was terrible. A real head scratcher. Eagles had spent the previous 10 minutes blowing out of his arse, leaving Alonso outrageously isolated and he wasted every pass. Lee looked dangerous and had the beating of their full back. I'd go as far as saying the momentum we lost after that sub, eventually cost us the win.

Surprised that we're still unfit, still can't defend the basics and still play the captain.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Whookam wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:And so it begins... :roll:
As much as I hate to say it he does have a point. The squad that Freedman inherited is likely to represent the best squad he will have at this club, on paper at least. He's doing scarcely better with them than Coyle did. I know some people here won't entertain criticism of the manager this early on but there are a few warning signs beginning to appear. It's also somewhat disconcerting that the criteria used judge Coyle is not being applied to Freedman at this stage. I do not buy the 'he needs to build his own squad' argument, a good manager should be able to work with what he's got plus one or two others. There's a very real danger that by allowing Freedman to dismantle the team it will be replaced by a posse of low fee, low wage journeymen.

Amen. Don't believe the hype.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 pm

thebish wrote:10pts off the playoffs now - they are starting to look a bit further off than i had hoped they would be....
The play-offs have gone. We have 33 points from 27 games. In the last 4 seasons, to finish 6th you needed the following points totals:

2011-12 - 75 points
2010-11 - 75 points
2009-10 - 70 points
2008-09 - 74 points

We would probably need another 40 points from our last 19 games, possibly more, especially considering our poor goal difference. I've seen nothing in the first 27 games of the season to suggest that we are anywhere near capable of getting 2 points per games for a sustained period of 4 months.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:50 pm

scotty wrote:
thebish wrote:10pts off the playoffs now - they are starting to look a bit further off than i had hoped they would be....
The play-offs have gone. We have 33 points from 27 games. In the last 4 seasons, to finish 6th you needed the following points totals:

2011-12 - 75 points
2010-11 - 75 points
2009-10 - 70 points
2008-09 - 74 points

We would probably need another 40 points from our last 19 games, possibly more, especially considering our poor goal difference. I've seen nothing in the first 27 games of the season to suggest that we are anywhere near capable of getting 2 points per games for a sustained period of 4 months.

You mean there are still people out there who think we have a chance of the pay-offs? Feck me.