Everton In The Cup

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Re: Everton In The Cup

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm

si2008 wrote:seen this on evertom forum boltondan buying tickets for them for our ends what a c*nt..
http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threa ... re!/page14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thread 266
Yeah not too bright that :crazy: he could get tickets for some right knob heads and it would end up kicking off. I expect a lot of Everton fans in the home sections tomorrow ? Im going myself, but I'm suprised that they are showing so much interest in the game as we have been playing them in the league for the last 11 seasons

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
si2008 wrote:seen this on evertom forum boltondan buying tickets for them for our ends what a c*nt..
http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threa ... re!/page14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thread 266
Yeah not too bright that :crazy: he could get tickets for some right knob heads and it would end up kicking off. I expect a lot of Everton fans in the home sections tomorrow ? Im going myself, but I'm suprised that they are showing so much interest in the game as we have been playing them in the league for the last 11 seasons

It,s their only chance of a Trophy,and it,s been a long time since their last,so club has asked for their backing big time :oops:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Looks like I was a bit hasty in my judgement on tomorrows game.

Could well be in doubt now I reckon.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Looks like I was a bit hasty in my judgement on tomorrows game.

:lol:

I didn't want to say but.....I think you might have been a little bit!

Saying that though, if Palace could get theirs sorted last week, we should be able to...shouldn't we!?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:05 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
YtarmyYtarmy wrote:

thread 266

It,s their only chance of a Trophy,and it,s been a long time since their last,so club has asked for their backing big time :oops:
would not be suprised, scoucers are second in the scum of the earth list behind the people of dingletown
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Looks like I was a bit hasty in my judgement on tomorrows game.

yeah - i reckon pitch could be made playable, given forecast...

but stadium and approaches may not...

Bollocks! Bought tickets about 5 hours ago...

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Getting pretty bad now

Agree with WtW - Pitch won't be an issue, it's the car parks and the paths round the stadium that will bollocks it up for us, they won't be able to grit it all in time.
West Stand White

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

:lol:

I didn't want to say but.....I think you might have been a little bit!

Saying that though, if Palace could get theirs sorted last week, we should be able to...shouldn't we!?
It's not about the pitch as WtW says. It's the surrounding areas. And Palace didn't have fresh snow the night before the game.

If this thaws quickly tomorrow as is possibly predicted pitch could also end up unplayable as waterlogged.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 pm

snow or rain, we have got nought at the moment
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 pm

They have a couple of snow ploughs though so if they can get rid of it that way, from the car parks etc we might be in luck.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:13 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:They have a couple of snow ploughs though so if they can get rid of it that way, from the car parks etc we might be in luck.
Yeah, if the roads can be cleared, the match day buses can run, the police say its safe, the Everton fans can travel etc.

Best bet is a quick thaw, but that leaves risk of pitch being waterlogged.

If this snow is on the ground as it is tomrrow morning, I don't fancy the chances of the game taking place. I hope it's on like, been looking forwards to it.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:16 pm

We could probably do with just waiting and seeing rather than second guessing....giddy kippers.

:)

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:44 pm

I can't see them putting the match on tomorrow. I've just had to battle my way home to Swinton from Bolton, and it took an hour. The traffic on St. Peters Way towards Bolton is at an absolute standstill; people are out of their cars pushing, lorries are just stopped with no chance of moving before morning, police are in attendance. There are gritters out, but it's like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. I can't see the motorways in the region being much better, and you guys have it right - it's not the pitch (which would, surely, be fine), but the roads and the surrounding car parks. If the snow is as bad there as it is here (and it's a higher location, so it probably is), then there's not a chance they can clear it for tomorrow.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 pm

But you know everything about everything. How dare you let us down? I planned on turning up in a pair of leather soled brogues, convinced of a steady footing, being as you are Ullr (in your spare time) :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm

we ain't had any of this 'ere snow at all in Torquay... just rain... rain....rain... rain....rain... rain....rain... rain....rain... rain....rain... rain....rain... rain....rain... rain....rain... rain....rain... rain.... - oh - hang on, what's that?? - oh... rain...

Caro-Kann
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Caro-Kann » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 pm

Just had a look at the traffic camera on the M61 at Horwich and going by that it doesn't look good.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:33 pm

It's really bad outside my house now :(

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Im about 3 miles from the Reebok and we've had about 10 cms and its still coming down heavily. Had to abandon the car about a mile from home cos we couldn't get up the hill.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:36 pm

This is motorway next to Reebok..

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 am

Oh bollocks... Gone midnight, still snowing...

Really wanted football to relieve me from sheer boredom/horrors/urgentthingsthathavetobedoneimmediatelyorbefore that are the result of moving house (like today we had four different groups of workmen at the 'new' house at the same time... kitchen assembler, plumber/boiler guy, decorator, joiner-floorer with about a thousand square metres of bamboo to lay...)

I'm not sure our planning has been the greatest...

I really, really want to stuff Everton, btw... For those that don't already know, I really, really hate those total bastards (though my two Everton supporting mates are tops!)...