Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 am

Not 26?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 am

We are being linked with Albert Adomah from Bristol City again. Crystal Palace are also in for him and have a £10m cheque burning a hole in their pocket. Perhaps he was identified as a target back in the summer when DF was still at Palace.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-17 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bolton Wanderers have joined the race for the signature of Bristol City star Albert Adomah.

The 25-year-old winger is already wanted by Championship promotion contenders Crystal Palace, who have had two bids turned down since last Thursday.

Eagles boss Ian Holloway wants Adomah as a long-term replacement for Manchester United-bound Wilfried Zaha and the south London club are set to come in with an improved offer ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline.

But The Post has learned that Palace will now face competition from Championship rivals Bolton.

Trotters boss Dougie Freeedman is keen to bolster his side's attacking options and is ready to make a move for Ghana international Adomah in the next 48 hours.

There has already been contact between Bolton representatives and Adomah's agent, Tony Finningan, who is keeping the player informed of events while he represents Ghana at the African Cup of Nations in South Africa.

Although the Lancashire club has yet to make a formal bid, Bristol City directors will be hoping their interest sparks a bidding war in the run-up to Thursday's 11pm deadline.

Palace have had offers of £1m and £1.5m turned down and have been told to improve their offer if they want to sign Adomah during this window.

City have sensibly refused to put a price on the winger's head, but The Post understands any offer that guarantees a down-payment of £2m will test their resolve.

Palace have cash to spend after receiving £10m up front for the sale of Zaha to Premier League leaders Manchester United and City chairman Keith Dawe and football managing director Jon Lansdown are prepared to play hard ball as they seek the best possible price for their major asset.

Bolton's interest is sure ramp up the pressure on Palace and hasten a third offer, while the Trotters will know they have to better anything the London club has offered so far even to bring City to the negotiating table.

Striker Craig Davies remains the only permanent signing to arrive at The Reebok Stadium this month and Freedman has made public his desire to recruit another two players before the deadline.

One of those is Hamilton Academicals utility player Gary Fraser and the other could now be Adomah, who has 18 months to run on his Ashton Gate contract.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:08 am

is he any good? I've never heard of him...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:10 am

Palace won't be spending the Zaha money in a hurry. They world on a three year cycle apparently. The owners "borrow" 5 million a year to the club for running costs etc.. but at the end of each cycle they either have to of gained promotion or sell players to balance the books of what is owed to the owners.

Palace are more likely to spend the money in the summer if they get promotion.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 am

ChrisC wrote:Palace won't be spending the Zaha money in a hurry. They world on a three year cycle apparently. The owners "borrow" 5 million a year to the club for running costs etc.. but at the end of each cycle they either have to of gained promotion or sell players to balance the books of what is owed to the owners.

maybe so - but this isn't really the Zaha money - that will be (with add-ons) well in excess of £10mill - this seems like it can be done for about £2mill...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:16 am

thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Palace won't be spending the Zaha money in a hurry. They world on a three year cycle apparently. The owners "borrow" 5 million a year to the club for running costs etc.. but at the end of each cycle they either have to of gained promotion or sell players to balance the books of what is owed to the owners.

maybe so - but this isn't really the Zaha money - that will be (with add-ons) well in excess of £10mill - this seems like it can be done for about £2mill...
Indeed. I think if there is an sort of a bidding war, I can't see us winning.

In fact I'll be stunned if we have £2M to spend.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

Indeed. I think if there is an sort of a bidding war, I can't see us winning.

In fact I'll be stunned if we have £2M to spend.
Neither do Palace. Since nearly going bust and the new owners coming in Palace have signed mainly free transfers with the odd fee being spent on the likes of Bolasie for 500k.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 am

Done Deal: Cian Bolger from Leicester.

No, I've never heard of him, either. Cue people talking about how he should go straight into the team.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 am

Right...diving straight on the 'pedia for info.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 am

He made his debut in the Football League, while on loan at Bristol Rovers, when he came on as a 78th-minute substitute for Carl Regan in a 6–1 defeat to Walsall on 29 January 2011.[4] He scored an own goal against Brighton and Hove Albion on 5 February 2011 in a 2-4 defeat for Rovers, this defeat left Rovers 23rd in the league one point above Dagenham and Redbridge. In his 4th game for the club against Rochdale on 8 February 2011 he was sent off for the first time in his senior career after a second yellow card for a poor challenge on Chris O'Grady.[5]
Hehehe...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 am

:shock:
But.....but....he's ginger!
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:02 am

Cian Bolger? I'm ecstatic. I think he should go straight into the team. Deffo!
May the bridges I burn light your way

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:08 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Cian Bolger? I'm ecstatic. I think he should go straight into the team. Deffo!
Have you seen his debut stats?

He'll probably head 4 own goals in an 8-0 defeat.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Cian Bolger? I'm ecstatic. I think he should go straight into the team. Deffo!
Have you seen his debut stats?

He'll probably head 4 own goals in an 8-0 defeat.
Be easier to start with him and sub him off 1 minute in to get it out the way then.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 am

^ +1 (o.g.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Isn't that Lost Leopard Spot, front row, third from left? :shock:
LLS is a bird?

Explains a lot, I s'pose
Cheeky fecker!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:22 am

Warnock off to Leeds apparently. Took him from under West Ham's nose by offering a 3 year deal.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 am

Another Centre-half???? Wonder if this spells the end for Knight??? or if its just long-term with him only being 20?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 am

Sky Sports understands Bolton have agreed a deal to sign Irish starlet Cian Bolger from Championship rivals Leicester City.

Bolger has played nearly 50 games on loan for Bristol Roversover the last 18 months in three separate spells.

The 20-year-old impressed hugely whilst at the Memorial Stadium, and Rovers wanted him on a permanent basis and his performances caught the eye of other clubs.

Rovers failed with a bid earlier this month, and that alerted several Championship and League One clubs to his possible availability.

Now Sky Sports understands Bolton have won the race for his signature, after Leicester agreed terms for his departure.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 am

ChrisC wrote:Warnock off to Leeds apparently. Took him from under West Ham's nose by offering a 3 year deal.
Either that or he just wants to play for his dad.