Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Have heard the one Barry Robson could be at the Bok later from a Boro fan, do not know how much truth is in that.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

thebish wrote:who would we part-ex from stoke??
Tuncay! Nah, can't think of any we'd want. Upson?! Can't see it. Next season DF might like someone like a Dean Whitehead, but he's still too useful to Stoke.

They're bidding for all-sorts, Stoke. Trying to tempt Tom Huddlestone (again) who seems Fulham-bound; if he goes to the Potters instead, I might give up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 pm

Marc Iles has reported back from Dougie Freedman's press conference with the latest on Medo Kamara who is at Euxton to hopefully finalise his move.. Freedman has said the deal is "very close" and it would be an "absolute steal" to get him on board

Apparently the Whites just need to dot the i's and cross the t's and secure international clearance

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:34 pm

David Bacon,s signed for PSG. :shock: :shock:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
DJBlu wrote:Stoke now interested in CYL

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... air-190664" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pulis is also attempting to fight off interest from Italy in Alonso, brother of former Liverpool and current Real Madrid star Xabi Alonso.
Knobheads.
How on Earth could someone confuse him with Mikel Alonso? Shocking stuff.

No name on it so assume it's an intern or something!?
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:37 pm

If we sell LCY we're left with Eagles as our only winger.

And Eagles has reverted to type since November and been spectacularly shite.

So I hope that doesn't happen.

We've got Lee on a long term deal so I can't see us selling him for much short of 8M.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 pm

From Wikipedia,
Personal information
Full name Mohamed Kamara
Date of birth 16 November 1987 (age 25) ?
Place of birth Bo, Sierra Leone
Height 1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Defensive midfielder
Club information
Current club Bolton Wanderers?
Number TBA

Mohamed Kamara (born 16 November 1987), widely known as Medo, is a Sierra Leonean footballer who plays for Bolton Wanderers ? and the Sierra Leonean national team. He also holds Finnish citizenship.

:roll: slightly premature?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 pm

I see Redknapp has said "there's nothing appening with Craaaaaaaaachy I don't fink".

Which means he's nailed on for QPR by end of the day.

Which hopefully means Stoke have plenty more to spunk on Alonso.

Fingers crossed.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Marc Iles has reported back from Dougie Freedman's press conference with the latest on Medo Kamara who is at Euxton to hopefully finalise his move.. Freedman has said the deal is "very close" and it would be an "absolute steal" to get him on board

Apparently the Whites just need to dot the i's and cross the t's and secure international clearance

though I have never seen this Medo player - he's the kind of player that is making my hopes rise again... if he's anything like Moo - then maybe we WILL discover a solid back door... I'm aware that it's the hope that kills you - but, huh - what can you do but hope??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:03 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Marc Iles has reported back from Dougie Freedman's press conference with the latest on Medo Kamara who is at Euxton to hopefully finalise his move.. Freedman has said the deal is "very close" and it would be an "absolute steal" to get him on board

though I have never seen this Medo player - he's the kind of player that is making my hopes rise again... if he's anything like Moo - then maybe we WILL discover a solid back door... I'm aware that it's the hope that kills you - but, huh - what can you do but hope??
You mean you're hopefuly cos you've not had the chance yet to watch him and see how bad he really is?

:lol:

Caribbean White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Caribbean White » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Nixon tweeted, nothing in the Stoke Chung Yong thing.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

You mean you're hopefuly cos you've not had the chance yet to watch him and see how bad he really is?

:lol:

yep - that's about the long and the short of it!

but - there's probably a bit more... for some reason I am probably more hopeful to hear of the signing of a well-regarded DM than yet another flakey winger... (not that I'd lose any sleep over the arrival of another winger - the DM just seems to me a bigger bit of the jisaw we need to complete.. and we haven't got that much data to make us think Dougie doesn't know what he's looking for...)

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Caribbean White wrote:Nixon tweeted, nothing in the Stoke Chung Yong thing.
Good. We need him to stay.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

One from left field;

4:28pm

Just had a sports reporter at the Milton Keynes Citizen suggest to us there are rumours down there Marvin Sordell could be heading to MK Dons on loan.

Nothing in the pipeline on that as far as we know but one to keep an eye on.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:One from left field;

Just had a sports reporter at the Milton Keynes Citizen suggest to us there are rumours down there Marvin Sordell could be heading to MK Dons on loan.

Bdollocks!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:One from left field;

Get rid of the only player who's capable of scoring? I suppose it fits in with the 'only wanting players who aren't as good as the current ones' idea
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm

If Alonso does go, we're incredibly thin on our left side. We'd probably play Ricketts at left back and Eagles on the wing but I'm not keen on having two right footers there, especially when Eagles is so lethargic at times. The problem is, other teams will know we're in a weak position if Alonso does go, so it'll be hard to bring in an adequate replacement for little money. The teams we're going to be negotiating with at the last minute are in a very strong position because we'll be desperate.

If N'Gog does go and it looks like Alonso will be leaving too, we should look at getting a loan off one of them two. Fulham have just signed Emanuelson from Milan, so maybe that would allow Riise to leave?

Personally, I think we'd be in a better position if we keep Alonso and then try to get promoted. If we do, I'm sure he'd sign a contract extension with a Premier League team. Just take the loss of £500k because Alonso might be worth more to us than that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:If Alonso does go, we're incredibly thin on our left side. We'd probably play Ricketts at left back and Eagles on the wing but I'm not keen on having two right footers there, especially when Eagles is so lethargic at times. The problem is, other teams will know we're in a weak position if Alonso does go, so it'll be hard to bring in an adequate replacement for little money. The teams we're going to be negotiating with at the last minute are in a very strong position because we'll be desperate.

If N'Gog does go and it looks like Alonso will be leaving too, we should look at getting a loan off one of them two. Fulham have just signed Emanuelson from Milan, so maybe that would allow Riise to leave?

Personally, I think we'd be in a better position if we keep Alonso and then try to get promoted. If we do, I'm sure he'd sign a contract extension with a Premier League team. Just take the loss of £500k because Alonso might be worth more to us than that.
Aye you're right, £500K loss is peanuts. Plus whatever weekly figure he's earning.

Perhaps you could sub that amount to Eddie. Might help.

Christ the way some fans talk about writing off masses of money on players who have barely performed, it does make me worry.

If we are offered a decent amount, take it and run. He's leaving for now in the summer.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:49 pm

If we had a genuine shot at promotion, I'd agree with keeping him. But unfortunately, we don't.

Not sure on Riise.. He's apparently on big wages and he's into his 30's now.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

If we actually do loan out sordell it will completely kill an incredibly positive window.