Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Dougie Freedman - New Manager

Post by a1 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:00 am

#dougiecool

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Unfortunately it takes time to turn around a club in decline, which is what we were when Dougie arrived. Whilst we have shown glimpses of being a better more organised team we are still a long way off being the team Dougie wants us to be. That said the next month will shape our final table position.

This said in this seasons Championship is tighter than the previous two years with, 17th in the league being 17 points off a play off place after 31 games, potentially we could be 7 points off if we win our game in hand. That is the rosy side as two years ago from 12 points Reading claimed the final play off place from being 12 points adrift after 31 games.

The down side is we are only 3 points off a relegation place where in the last two seasons 17th position at this stage were 12 points and 10 points clear.

Anyone from 7th to 20th who can put a run of 4 wins on the bounce will be contending for a play off place come the final few games, we may have a shot a this with a bit of luck

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:46 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:Unfortunately it takes time to turn around a club in decline, which is what we were when Dougie arrived. Whilst we have shown glimpses of being a better more organised team we are still a long way off being the team Dougie wants us to be. That said the next month will shape our final table position.

This said in this seasons Championship is tighter than the previous two years with, 17th in the league being 17 points off a play off place after 31 games, potentially we could be 7 points off if we win our game in hand. That is the rosy side as two years ago from 12 points Reading claimed the final play off place from being 12 points adrift after 31 games.

The down side is we are only 3 points off a relegation place where in the last two seasons 17th position at this stage were 12 points and 10 points clear.

Anyone from 7th to 20th who can put a run of 4 wins on the bounce will be contending for a play off place come the final few games, we may have a shot a this with a bit of luck
We are 10 points ... a minimum of 4 games, from the 6th place. We have 16 games left and there are 11 clubs we must overtake. ... ie. Even if the team in 6th were to blow it there are 11 clubs better placed to overhaul them.

The possibility that we will do this are up there with the possibilities of me kissing the Pope's ring.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
The possibility that we will do this are up there with the possibilities of me kissing the Pope's ring.
get behind the manager - booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:up there with the possibilities of me kissing the Pope's ring.
You have designs on kissing the Pope's ring!! :shock:

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the 'six-fingered Clarets' thread, however it seems more appropriate in here.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 pm

That Jeremy Alexander's got a lot to learn, not a f*ck, c*nt, or w*nker in the whole article.

No passion see!

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 am

Enoch wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:up there with the possibilities of me kissing the Pope's ring.
You have designs on kissing the Pope's ring!! :shock:
Sunday: Bobo bemoans possibilities of being able to blow on the pope's hole.

Monday: Pope relinquishes position and with it the security and trappings of the Holy See.

Coincidence?!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Can't say I didn't wonder.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:56 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
get behind the manager - booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Or behind The Pope.. :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10 ... on/?ref=la" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 pm

He's not anymore. New. Time to lock ze thread methinks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:34 pm

“You do come across certain sections of the fans wanting their players to play, people who have opinions on who should be playing and that we should have the same starting 11 for the last 46 games, it’s mind-blowing to me as a coach how people can think that way".
He really does think the fans, en-masse, are fckg clueless.

Bit of a modern trait that.

Who thinks we should "the same starting 11 for the last 46 games" ?

... though just imagine any of us "people who have opinions on who should be playing " ! Shame on us.

You know, I want him to succeed. I certainly hope he does. But if he doesn't he'll have brought on the push back that he gets.

He can be an arrogant bastard if he wants, but it does require that it comes off.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:45 pm

'kinellfire - that's the first time I've opened a BEN article on a computer with sound on: talking adverts! and since when was it necessary to register... they'll be charging next.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Freedman just isn't a good manager. We're 1-0 down right now, but even if we win, it's unacceptable to play so poor for such a long time. We aren't progressing under him at all, and surely nobody would have the audacity to claim we're doing anything but going backwards under his reign.

His arrogance is disgraceful too, considering what direction we're going in. I'll accept arrogance when the results merit it, but given the pathetic form under Freedman, he should be sucking up to the fans.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:01 pm

This bloke maybe our very own Brendan Rodgers/
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:This bloke maybe our very own Brendan Rodgers/
He probably is.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:01 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Freedman just isn't a good manager. We're 1-0 down right now, but even if we win, it's unacceptable to play so poor for such a long time. We aren't progressing under him at all, and surely nobody would have the audacity to claim we're doing anything but going backwards under his reign.
backwards in what way?? fewer points per game? scoring fewer goals per game? conceding more goals per game? performing worse on the pitch? league position?

either way - bit too soon to judge, I think. Fair play to you if you can make such a definite judgement so early... I can't, though... so it'll be a while before I write him off as a failure or laud him as a success... jury still out in my courtroom...

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:Freedman just isn't a good manager. We're 1-0 down right now, but even if we win, it's unacceptable to play so poor for such a long time. We aren't progressing under him at all, and surely nobody would have the audacity to claim we're doing anything but going backwards under his reign.
backwards in what way?? fewer points per game? scoring fewer goals per game? conceding more goals per game? performing worse on the pitch? league position?

either way - bit too soon to judge, I think. Fair play to you if you can make such a definite judgement so early... I can't, though... so it'll be a while before I write him off as a failure or laud him as a success... jury still out in my courtroom...
Amen, Vicar.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:13 pm

His arrogance is disgraceful too, considering what direction we're going in. I'll accept arrogance when the results merit it, but given the pathetic form under Freedman, he should be sucking up to the fans.
I'll bite. He made one mistake today, and granted it was a huge one, but three regimes so far this season and each has picked Kevin Davies rightly or wrongly so I won't crucify him on this alone.

Throughout the rest of the side however we look 10x the side under Coyle and one clearly on the up. Dougie has stopped us leaking goals at an alarming rate and through match stats and the fleeting appearences i've made to see them in the flesh (such as today) we look alot more comfortable on the ball but just lack an offensive spark, which again isn't something il crucify the manager for especially away from home.

By now I feel Dougie has had a good look at the side (especially the strikers) so will concede Dougie cannot go on ignoring our best chance of winning a game until the 60th minute but must press that dropping the club captain (again Freedmans only mistake today) isn't so easily done.