Rubbishest team

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Rubbishest team

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 am

I wanted to get Steve Saunders in

Shit

And a ginge
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:35 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I wanted to get Steve Saunders in

Shit

And a ginge
Your stocks low though. You're mentioning shitters from Burnley and missed out Comstive. Schoolboy stuff really.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
boltonboris wrote:For some reasom, I thought of Neil Fisher reading this thread.. Just looked and he's still playing!! In the Welsh Premier League for Bala Town... He's 42!
Thats a shout
His best scoring spells for any club came during his second spell for Chester and in his spell at Leigh RMI, where he scored 5 in 77 and 3 in 45. Roughly 1 in 15.

A striker............
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Shit

And a ginge
Your stocks low though. You're mentioning shitters from Burnley and missed out Comstive. Schoolboy stuff really.
How does Robbie Blake rate amongst such stellar company?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Does anyone find it a bit odd that at a time where negativity is such a hot topic that a thread like this is doing so well?

I know it's only a bit of fun and a light jog down memory lane but c'mon.

I think every Bolton player has been great. No matter who they are, or how many goals they let in or how many open goals they missed from inside the six yard box at Wembley.

They've all been great and will continue to be so!

And to all you people who say otherwise I say 'BoooOOoOoooo!'
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:58 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Does anyone find it a bit odd that at a time where negativity is such a hot topic that a thread like this is doing so well?

I know it's only a bit of fun and a light jog down memory lane but c'mon.

I think every Bolton player has been great. No matter who they are, or how many goals they let in or how many open goals they missed from inside the six yard box at Wembley.

They've all been great and will continue to be so!

And to all you people who say otherwise I say 'BoooOOoOoooo!'
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:00 pm

coffeymagic wrote: Come on, Brownie was one of our best players and one of the few good things Phil Neal brought to the club.
Oh come, come, Old Bean (you can see what I did there, can't you?).

Twas the MO of Phil Brown to run it up to the halfway and nice person it one diagonally towards the far post. Exactly what he taught the boy Hunt to do also, thus bringing the future England starlet down to his boozer league level.

Midnite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Midnite » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Well i may be an old fossil who sees things through rose tinted glasses but i have never seen an actual rubbish bolton team. I've seen some rubbish players who i wouldn't give a job sweeping out the stables. I've seen players whose heads were so big i was supprised they could get through the dressing room door.

I don't want to remember these players, i can't see a reason to when there are so many great ones to remember over the decades that have given us so much pleasure and such a lot to cheer about.

The current bunch...well i wouldn't call them rubbish, i think they lack leadership on the pitch..they need someone like Roy Hartle to put some steel in their veins.

Caribbean White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Caribbean White » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Asa(robbed a living) Hartford is up there too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Shit

And a ginge
Woah!! The only Bolton player I've seen score direct from a corner and he did it twice in one game which in my book makes him some sort of genius.

On the other hand there was his miss against Tranmere late on in the play-off final before that ugly cnut Malkin scored.

OK, you win, he was rubbish.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Shit

And a ginge
Woah!! The only Bolton player I've seen score direct from a corner and he did it twice in one game which in my book makes him some sort of genius.

On the other hand there was his miss against Tranmere late on in the play-off final before that ugly cnut Malkin scored.

I'd taken the corners v Bournemouth ?? into consideration, my friend, but THAT miss, with the goal at his mercy, too. :(

And now all I can see is Malkin windmilling his way away from goal, the nice person. :(

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Shit

And a ginge

I'd taken the corners v Bournemouth ?? into consideration, my friend, but THAT miss, with the goal at his mercy, too. :(

And now all I can see is Malkin windmilling his way away from goal, the tw*t. :(
Mods come on, i thought swear words had been filtered !

Wash your mouth out, Bruce :evil:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:29 pm

In no particular oder.

Peacock
Poole
Rose
Banks
Scott
Cantello
Deakin
Sutton
Bell
Moores
Elliott
McAnespie
Fulton
Brown, Phil
Brown, Michael
Hartford
Comstive

There's more, but the terrible memories are threatening to send me into a depression.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 pm

I think BP has named everyone I was thinking of although I can't agree on Phil Brown. For the level we were at, he was a good full back and chipped in with a fair few goals too.

Probably heresy to say it but Jimmy Phillips & Robbie Savage, despite the odd heroic, were both pretty shocking
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Tbf I think Browny got better with age, in a better team. However, his trademark clipped pass to the edge of the box was so bloody predictable and frustrating.

I still remember my stepdad who had no interest in football whatsoever, coming home one Friday night to say that Bolton had sold someone to Rangers. Imagine my utter amazement and no doubt that of most other supporters to discover that it was none other than Jimmy fecking Phillips! For £175k too if my memory serves me correct.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:I still remember my stepdad who had no interest in football whatsoever, coming home one Friday night to say that Bolton had sold someone to Rangers. Imagine my utter amazement and no doubt that of most other supporters to discover that it was none other than Jimmy fecking Phillips! For £175k too if my memory serves me correct.
You're not kidding! I remember spotting Souness in the stands and everyone assumed he was watching Mark Gavin who was enjoying a good spell at the time.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:In no particular oder.

Peacock
Poole
Rose
Banks
Scott
Cantello
Deakin
Sutton
Bell
Moores
Elliott
McAnespie
Fulton
Brown, Phil
Brown, Michael
Hartford
Comstive

There's more, but the terrible memories are threatening to send me into a depression.
Should you not have Rasiak in there? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 pm

rasiak were better than dean holdsworth

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Henry Mowbray has got to beat Phil Brown by a mile in worst-full-back competition... Or, though I rack my brain, any other full back...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Have I just seen Robbie Elliott's name mentioned in a 'worst ever' list?!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"