Derby away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Derby away

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I'm tempted. Anyone know how much the coach is?
£16 I think.
It is....

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yep.. I'm trying to like Spearing, as he's full of effort and gets stuck in. But he's just not that good. Limited passing range, tends to waste the ball a bit and it's not often he covers the full-backs.. So often, Mears will show a winger inside and then he has all the time in the world to switch the ball or find a forwards feet.. You can see Mears just looking around thinking "I've done my bit, where the fvck's Jay!"
I think Spearing is also suffering from the "big club ambition" syndrome. He wants to play for Liverpool, and is almost trying to do too much.

If he keeps it simple, keeps the ball and works hard to win it back, he'll be fine. But it probably won't catch Liverpool's eye.

So he tries too much and wastes it. I don't think he'll be staying for next season, personally.
Mind you, his ball to release Ngog down the right on Saturday was ambitious, and it came off. It was the pass of the game for me, and rightly led to a goal.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 pm

That was a good ball. I maintain though, that in general, his passing isn't up to much. Particularly in a position where being on the ball a lot is critical. Only the full backs will touch the ball more than the main sitter. I actually quite like Mark Davies there, but just don't ask him to mark anybody.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:49 pm

451 Craig Davies up top
Kevin Davies left behind at the reebok

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 am

Dougie'sEleven wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yep.. I'm trying to like Spearing, as he's full of effort and gets stuck in. But he's just not that good. Limited passing range, tends to waste the ball a bit and it's not often he covers the full-backs.. So often, Mears will show a winger inside and then he has all the time in the world to switch the ball or find a forwards feet.. You can see Mears just looking around thinking "I've done my bit, where the fvck's Jay!"
I think Spearing is also suffering from the "big club ambition" syndrome. He wants to play for Liverpool, and is almost trying to do too much.

If he keeps it simple, keeps the ball and works hard to win it back, he'll be fine. But it probably won't catch Liverpool's eye.

So he tries too much and wastes it. I don't think he'll be staying for next season, personally.
Mind you, his ball to release Ngog down the right on Saturday was ambitious, and it came off. It was the pass of the game for me, and rightly led to a goal.
Was that pass not from Pratley?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dougie'sEleven wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Not to my mind. Sure there must be a replay kicking around somewhere. I believe it was JS.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Dougie'sEleven wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dougie'sEleven wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Not to my mind. Sure there must be a replay kicking around somewhere. I believe it was JS.
Just checked, it was Pratley's pass.

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/2 ... -wanderers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Could do with a win tonight. Barnsley play Wolves and Birmingham play Sheffield Wednesday. Good chance two of them could get 3 points but hopefully it will be two draws.

As for us.. I thought Derby were shite at the Bok but have picked up abit since.

I think we will either come good and win 3-0 or have a bore 0-0 :D

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:27 pm

I've only seen half a dozen games this season but from what I've seen I like Spearing.

He always wants the ball, doesn't duck out of a challenge and yeah. I like him.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:54 pm

COYW(B)M!!!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:COYW(B)M!!!
Blue?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:COYW(B)M!!!
Blue?

We will be wearing the blue stripe away kit tonight wont we?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Holden's on the bus anyway.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:451 Craig Davies up top
Kevin Davies left behind at the reebok
Yes please.

Caribbean White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Caribbean White » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm

442 tonight Ngog and C Davies start.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Didn't bother with a ticket, could do without getting home after midnight on a Tuesday. Anyone know of a stream for vid or radio?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 pm

an hour and half to kick off, and im getting that "we're gonna win today, i can feel it" feeling.

Just looked on Sky sports news and seen that Derby are having a nightmare with injuries in defence, hopefully that will be a confidence boost for our attackers.

Anyway, good luck tonight boys COYW!!!!!!!

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:43 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:an hour and half to kick off, and im getting that "we're gonna win today, i can feel it" feeling.

Just looked on Sky sports news and seen that Derby are having a nightmare with injuries in defence, hopefully that will be a confidence boost for our attackers.

Anyway, good luck tonight boys COYW!!!!!!!

Also, any chance of the highly rated TD commentary i witnessed V forest?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 pm

I'll be training like a bastard from 45 mins from now until 9. If we're not 3-0 up by the time I get home, Dougie's gettin' it!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Caribbean White wrote:442 tonight Ngog and C Davies start.
Is that official team news or speculation??
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.