Who will stay and who will go?!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Eborted
Hopeful
Hopeful

Who will stay and who will go?!

Post by Eborted » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:38 am

IMHO our 6 most important and probably best players at the moment are: Dawson, Spearing, M.Davies, Chungy, Alonso and Pratley (who i dubbed the worst premiership player I had ever seen in a Bolton shirt last season. I stand by it but you've got to love him recently.)

Dawson and Spearing are on loan and will not be coming back for certain if we don't get promotion

Alonso probably will not sign another deal and I really can't see M.Davies or Chungy lasting the summer if both are fit and playing well at the end of the season if we don't go up.

Pratley will stay but he's arguably the least important of the lot and defiantly can't carry a team.

Point is I'm very worried. I want to be optimistic regarding promotion but lets face it's unlikely to happen. Even if Holden returns to something resembling his former self and Medo turns out ok we are probably going to lose our only 5 premiership quality players at this moment in time over the summer. Any thoughts? I suppose even if we got promotion we'd have to build on that and if we stayed down we'd just have to rebuild but I really can't face losing those 5 at this point in time.

Wrighty92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Who will stay and who will go?!

Post by Wrighty92 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:57 am

Mark Davies just signed a new contract to keep him with us until 2017 so if he leaves, we'll be taking a fat pay cheque for it at least.

Spearing has been important recently but is easily replaceable imo, I'd like to think Medo will slot into his boots next season.

Dawson we should be fighting tooth and nail to sign up but should we not get him, perhaps Dougie will buy another player to partner Wheats.

Chungy will stay another year I reckon, only just getting back to himself and I think he owes us it, he seems loyal.

Pratley has been good lately but I wouldnt cry if we lost him.

Alonso we'll probably lose but I think we can probably find an adecuate replacement to fit Dougie's system.

Very interesting summer ahead, fairly make or break imo

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:29 am

Have to take a bit of issue with Wheater, who says he'll come back half the player he was? Look at Stuey, how many people on here thought all he had to do was pull on his boots if picked, get out for a game, then set the feckin' world on fire! It ain't going to happen he needs at least 8-10 games to even start to show glimpses of his old self and I just worry if under Freedman he's going to get that time :conf:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:42 am

This summer will be a perfect time to unload N'gog for a wad of cash.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 am

I'm less worried to be honest.

Mark Davies will be here I'm pretty confident of that.

LCY?? Not so sure. But we have him under contract so I think we can call the shots. He's hardly been sparkling either, so can't be that many clubs prepared to lay down serious cash.

Alonso will go, but I still would rather a left back who has some notion of defending, and he does not.

Dawson, well he's not ours and likely won't be. But it's an area that needs addressing.

Spearing? I think Kamara presumably will replace him.

I'm hoping Dougie can continue what seems like a good transfer policy and address the areas we are weak in with the right sort of players without spending masses of cash.

Hopefully in the summer we can offload the likes of Ream, Sordell, Kevin Davies, Ricketts?

And save ourselves a bundle on the wage bill and get players who really want to show what they can do, on loan or permanently.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 am

I think we'll sell N'Gog and a lot of people who dislike him will regret it. Alonso is pretty much already gone, as much as I love spearing I doubt we'll keep him after dougie brought in Medo (unless Medo is utter crap). Dawson I think we have a chance unless he keeps up his form for the rest of the season which west brom will obviously take note of.

The situation with Holden interests me the most though, isn't his deal up at the end of the season?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Jez wrote:Dawson I think we have a chance unless he keeps up his form for the rest of the season which west brom will obviously take note of.
I do understand what you mean, honestly ....... but are we now to hope he starts playing poorly, so WBA don't want him ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Jez wrote:Dawson I think we have a chance unless he keeps up his form for the rest of the season which west brom will obviously take note of.
I do understand what you mean, honestly ....... but are we now to hope he starts playing poorly, so WBA don't want him ??
I've rejoined the optimistic camp recently and would honestly love to see him lead a charge for a late play off place more than anything.

But if he was to lose consistency and that gave us a chance to sign him for next season, He'd be a fantastic player to have for next years clean slate. particularly with his age and potential.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:48 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

nahhh - we hope he has a stormer - leads us to promotion - then we can offer him premiership football in the part of the country he (allegedly) wants to live...

(obviously, then we struggle and get immediately relegated and he exercises the clause in his contract that allows him to become Reo Coker if we are relegated and he goes off to eventually play in the Greenland second division...)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 pm

As much as I like some players more than others, they're all just passing through. Freedman will have a view on each player, but will have more to consider than whether or not he would like them in the squad.

I don't mind who leaves in the summer, I'm more interested in who joins.

That said, I'll admit my fingers are crossed that a few move on, hope Coyle gets a job soon!!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:06 am

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman remains hopeful of securing Marcos Alonso on a new deal at the Reebok Stadium.

Alonso is out of contract at the end of the season and a host of clubs are thought to be weighing up moves for the defender.

The likes of Stoke, Celtic and Fiorentina are all thought to be keen on Alonso having expressed an interest in the left-back during the January transfer window.

Bolton have tabled a new contract offer to Alonso and Freedman is optimistic of keeping the former Real Madrid youngster.

"Marcos is playing by the rules," said Freedman. "He has been offered a new contract and it's so far so good."

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Alonso has shacked up with a local girl, maybe that'll help?!
Troll and proud of it.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:26 pm

I think people under-estimate how much Alonso gives us.

He's been our only width on the left hand side for much of the season, links up well with Lee and is the only defender we have capable of bringing the ball out of defence.

Admittedly he can be suspect defensively at times, but I think he offers us more than he costs us by a long way.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm

He chips in with goals and has very good technique. I like him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Loyal White wrote:I think people under-estimate how much Alonso gives us.

He's been our only width on the left hand side for much of the season, links up well with Lee and is the only defender we have capable of bringing the ball out of defence.

Admittedly he can be suspect defensively at times, but I think he offers us more than he costs us by a long way.
Aye, Dougie has brought him on a lot. Credit to Marcos though for the huge, huge improvement.

I'd still not fancy him at left back in the premiership against a lot of sides, he'd be ripped apart. He often is at this level, but we get away with it more.

But have to give credit to the lad, he's proven me wrong in terms of showing application and bottle and I'm glad he has.

Heard on the grapevine that he loves Dougie and Lennie, so we'll see if thats enough to keep him!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Marcos is playing by the rules,
I wonder who that comment was for?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Enoch wrote:
Marcos is playing by the rules,
I wonder who that comment was for?
*Cough* KD *Cough*

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm

as wrote:Alonso has shacked up with a local girl, maybe that'll help?!
Not sure.. Where would a Bolton girl rather live? Breightmet, or Florence?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 pm

boltonboris wrote:
as wrote:Alonso has shacked up with a local girl, maybe that'll help?!
Not sure.. Where would a Bolton girl rather live? Breightmet, or Florence?
I've never known a girl called Breightmet...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Boom
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"