Mark Davies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Mark Davies

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:24 pm

I did it since Holden got the initial injury..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:I did it since Holden got the initial injury..
ahh - yes - I'd forgotten which came first...

I was seduced by Ricardo being there which seems like a long time ago!

wanderer10
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by wanderer10 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:10 pm

The bad thing is you know it will be at least a year before he is back to full fitness, then another few months getting back to speed with things.

He will miss most of next season too. Big loss!
"In 1874 boys of Christchurch Sunday School along with their master Thomas Ogden established a football club which went under the name of the school. The club broke away in 1877 and became Bolton Wanderers Football Club"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Sean's gone and Mark out for ?? Better be looking to sign another "Davies" to keep the ratio up. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Wish there was more information. So far the only bright side I see is that it says 'up to' 10 months, not something like 'at least'. Also, it doesn't say the extent of the damage, so I wouldn't imagine it's something as bad as a tear.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

They said "at least 8 months"

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Vertigo wrote:Wish there was more information. So far the only bright side I see is that it says 'up to' 10 months, not something like 'at least'. Also, it doesn't say the extent of the damage, so I wouldn't imagine it's something as bad as a tear.
Afraid You don't sit down for 10 months if you've just stretched it a bit..
Hopefully he can do an ADRIAN PIETERSON(?) same injury back in 7 months and nfl MVP the very next season! He'll be reet...
We'll just have to get on with it...
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:24 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
Vertigo wrote:Wish there was more information. So far the only bright side I see is that it says 'up to' 10 months, not something like 'at least'. Also, it doesn't say the extent of the damage, so I wouldn't imagine it's something as bad as a tear.
Afraid You don't sit down for 10 months if you've just stretched it a bit..
Hopefully he can do an ADRIAN PIETERSON(?) same injury back in 7 months and nfl MVP the very next season! He'll be reet...
We'll just have to get on with it...
Fingers crossed! Although with reference to another american sport, Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls has been out with an ACL injury since April last year :shock:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 pm

That's just netball though.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Mark Davies doesn't strike me as a model professional so i'm not expecting him to return from injury prior to the 8 months. Hopefully he can come back and resolve a few of the other injuries he's been carrying as of late. A big break should help a few other injuries take time to heal. I'm sure he's got it in him to come back from injury just as good as he left.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Sean's gone and Mark out for ?? Better be looking to sign another "Davies" to keep the ratio up. :wink:
Simon from Fulham ?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 am

Mar wrote:Mark Davies doesn't strike me as a model professional so i'm not expecting him to return from injury prior to the 8 months. Hopefully he can come back and resolve a few of the other injuries he's been carrying as of late. A big break should help a few other injuries take time to heal. I'm sure he's got it in him to come back from injury just as good as he left.
If the weight on him at the start of the season is anything to go by, I doubt unless he changes his life style, we will see him ever again!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mar wrote:Mark Davies doesn't strike me as a model professional so i'm not expecting him to return from injury prior to the 8 months. Hopefully he can come back and resolve a few of the other injuries he's been carrying as of late. A big break should help a few other injuries take time to heal. I'm sure he's got it in him to come back from injury just as good as he left.
If the weight on him at the start of the season is anything to go by, I doubt unless he changes his life style, we will see him ever again!
Every injury he's had, he's come back earlier than scheduled and just as good. Unless you know something we don't about his personal life, I don't see the point in such unjustified speculation.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Every injury he's had, he's come back earlier than scheduled and just as good. Unless you know something we don't about his personal life, I don't see the point in such unjustified speculation.
Don't worry B.B., Hoboh has to keep us all cheerful as part of his sunny nature. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Hoboh wrote:
and the bastard is a big fan of the European Union....

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
You are right. It's probably not fair to speculate on his personal life, I was merely speculating on his return time and judging from the impression that is given it just seems that we should expect to see his return around of after the time that has been mentioned in the press (8 months).

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:43 pm

Oracle suggests we're targeting Kerim Frei from Fulham on loan as his replacement

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:52 pm

jmjhb wrote:Oracle suggests we're targeting Kerim Frei from Fulham on loan as his replacement

ahhh - another ex-burnley...

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:14 am

Frei is a cracking player though, tbf.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:57 am

Apparently Scott Sinclair as well, decision likely to be made clearer if he's not on the bench tonight